Isekai ni Kita Mitai Dakedo Dousureba Yoi no Darou - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
@Duainfey Honestly, if I were similarly omnipotent, foreign junk food would absolutely be at the top of my "things to abuse my power for" list.

@Fuko Hopefully he landed on a nice squishy corpse.

Dex-chan lover
Almost as if the isekai godfolk are sectioned off and cannot access the other sections.

Dex-chan lover
Seems about right, i can't count the number of times i went in search of a snack, or cooked a meal, for someone else, only to get hungry myself, and I don't have godpowers.

Why would he make it a scatter shot spell, just make the bullets, and fire them off one by one, or lock on to vital spots per bullet. Plus, when his piercing bullet blew off the wolf's head, it was probably overpowered, so maybe reduce one of the settings, before firing a whole bunch of them when you're low on mana.

Dex-chan lover
@dharman I'm guessing that it's some Japanese brand of "shoestring fries" style chips, or crisps if you follow the more European name.

Supporter
I guess I have to be the guy to point out that those bullets couldn't kill those things- it wouldn't even pierce their pelts.
A cylinder with a height of 1cm and a radius of 2.5mm (assuming by '5mm' he meant the diameter; if he meant circumference, it would be even smaller) has a volume of 1.96*10^-7 m^3.
The bullet material I will assume is lead, because that is pretty dense, at 11340 kg/m^3. 1.96*10^-7 m^3 of lead equals 0.00222264 kg (or around 2.2 grams).
While that is a pretty small bullet, the problem is the bullet is WAY too slow. 150 kph is only 41.6667 m/s.
Using the energy equation, 1/2mv^2, I conclude that this bullet would have only 1.93 Joules of energy upon initial release.
Compare this to the smallest 9x19 cartridge bullet, which is 7.45g (more than 3 times more mass) and can be fired at 360m/s (almost 10 times as fast) for an energy of 481J.
Hell, even if I give maximum leniency and say the radius is 5mm, the energy only goes up to 7.73J, which might be able to hurt people, but not these things.
Here is a exert from a Wikipedia article for the 2mm Kolibri pistol, which fires (I think) the smallest cartridge ever produced:
The cartridge weighs 5.3 grams (82 grains), measures 3 millimeters (0.12 in) at its widest point, and 11 mm (0.43 in) from the base of the primer to the tip of the bullet. The cartridge is headspaced on the mouth of the case. The bullet itself masses 0.2g (3 grains), and is estimated to have a normal muzzle velocity of 200 metres per second (660 ft/s), resulting in a muzzle energy of 4.0J (3 ft-lbs).[3] For perspective, an average person's punch measures 10-15 joules, meaning that the round has less energy than a punch.

The STEM in me had to write this essay. It was fun.

Double-page supporter
@PTRB the raws say 5mm is the radius.
As for why that wasn't translated properly ... who knows

Dex-chan lover
@dharman
and what is a potato stick? 😶

I don't know if they are the same as the Japanese versions but the US they are marketed with the name of Veggie Stix or Veggie Straws. It's made from potato starch and the coloring is from some sort of vegetable powder and extruded from a machine like a Cheeto in stick/straw shape.

@PTRB you missed the biggest and most obvious reasoning flaw... if he isn't even able to fire one without major rebound, how can he add penetration then create 30 of them that all fire simultaneously at different targets? I don't care what major consequence it has, even forming that many air-bullets shouldn't be possible, let alone aiming and firing them.

Fed-Kun's army
whats up with french fries and isekai's.

Mental note, if i ever gets transported, invent french fries and pop corn and cheat economy.

Users who are viewing this thread