Isekai Tensei Soudouki - Vol. 5 Ch. 35 - Night Before the War

Take your time to find HQ raws. In the meantime, why not try to do the extras for volume 3 and 4?

Double-page supporter
Take it easy pal, thanks for the translate. Really looking forwards to seeing the rest of this mango

@bakagaijin
I believe the raw of volume 5 you downloaded was titled 'Isekai Tensei Sodoki v05s.rar', weighing in around 59MB, you want to download the one titled 'Isekai Tensei Sodoki v05.rar', weighing in around 89.7MB. That one should not have blurry webrips for chapters 36-41. The copy I got came from dl-zip dot com, using the search word '異世界転生騒動記'. Hope that helps.

And many thanks for all your hard work. I've really enjoyed rereading this.

bad dump

good dump

Group Leader
@w1ck3d glad you liked it, I got to reminisce over the events too while working on them. And you're right, the site(s) I downloaded it from had two versions. All sites seem to have the same rips, first one with 2 actual scanned pages and the rest waifu2xed versions of webrips, and the other proper scans. The second version has these weird artifact-like things though in the skin tones and some background patterns in most of the pages. Here's some examples
6tFk9rA.png

Vy55sql.png

(the second image is zoomed in and converted to greyscale)

Tried denoising with waifu2x, using surface blur in photoshop, they both helped but not to the point I'd like, and to me it looks very distracting. I ended up using the pages from the first version for chapter 34 and 35. I don't know if it can be fixed, I'm just hoping better scans show up since I have good resolution webrips of the new chapters post Vol 5 (42 onwards), so it's just this volume holding me back.

@bakagaijin
Looked a little further into it and I see what they did, whoever ripped it did so by taking a screenshot of each image and the image was not displayed at the proper native resolution. The archived dumps are 1152x1618 and the dumps you used for ch34 are 1125x1600. Thanks to that, you've got some noticeable image distortion. And, I'm sure, lots of jpeg artifacting. It could definitely benefit from a proper rip.

Group Leader
@w1ck3d yeah that could very well be it, now if only downscaling it solved the problem... I'll just keep an eye out for better rips then, thanks for taking the time

Really missed an opportunity with the name of the chapter... *sigh* It should obviously be Calm Before the Storm! 😏

reu

Dex-chan lover
Pedo cougar isekai
Also inb4 she rapes the pirate captain

Users who are viewing this thread