Issho ni Kurashite ii desu ka? - Ch. 17 - Won't You Try the Onsen?

Dex-chan lover
i agree with the poster above that the cast isn't really my thing, but it's sasuga kei's art and booba. and to a lesser extent i also like how they deal with unusual/not often discussed themes.

Dex-chan lover
not that it matters anyway, but does her dates lead into sex with the men that pay her or just pure dates? Since the way they were talking about "dates" just feel like a word for sex lol

Dex-chan lover
not that it matters anyway, but does her dates lead into sex with the men that pay her or just pure dates? Since the way they were talking about "dates" just feel like a word for sex lol
There is a practice of paid companionship, without expectation of sex. But there's also paid sex, and an ambiguous spectrum in between. Perhaps her dates don't usually lead to sex, but if felt the mood or got cash incentivized it could.

Now that we're getting her intro arc, we're probably about to find out what kind of compensated dating she does. Which is exciting, since she's the last intro arc and after this the story proper can begin.
Hmmm, idk why but I don't find all these girls appealing. Stayed because of curiosity but now it starting to fade
I'm interested in how it will change once their intro arcs are finished. The story being broken up into these 2-3 chapter arcs makes it feel like the MC isn't advancing his plot yet. What will happen to him beyond "I needed a place, I found a place in the hostile harem, I slowly won over the five roommates?" We're waiting for the cement foundation to dry. In particular, I'm less invested when the arc isn't about (personal favorite) Tsubasa.

Knowing Sasuga Kei, I don't think she's writing a predictable harem rom-com. There will be themes and drama. And controversy.

Dex-chan lover
I would think real dates or possible kissing at most since Japan seems to have a whole compensated dating market where typically the one being paid will put breaks on anything they don't want. Also reread and in her story she specifies that she doesn't do anything more than kissing with her partners when our MC gets hard

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While I agree the cast is a bit dry, when it goes into each of their individual stories its interesting who they are why they feel against men and what happened with the MC to start falling. I think we're still in the situation where we go through each story before we get into what drama will happen as the girls are only starting to realize they each like the MC. We don't have a childhood friend or other trope coming in to disturb and follow the basic formula

Dex-chan lover
I kinda appreciate the different backgrounds of the girls, way different than typical high school stuff.

Now if it leads to a shitshow like her last manga, sure, but I'm not complaining about the setup or the cast themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm, idk why but I don't find all these girls appealing. Stayed because of curiosity but now it starting to fade
Personally I like all the girls in this series and am curious as to how the situation with Hiromi will develop. Clearly things in the groups relationships will start to deteriorate now that 2-4 of the girls have varying feelings and the blow-up could be biblical by Sasuga Kei standards.

Dex-chan lover
There is a practice of paid companionship, without expectation of sex. But there's also paid sex, and an ambiguous spectrum in between. Perhaps her dates don't usually lead to sex, but if felt the mood or got cash incentivized it could.

Now that we're getting her intro arc, we're probably about to find out what kind of compensated dating she does. Which is exciting, since she's the last intro arc and after this the story proper can begin.
Anju quite clearly explains it in chapter 4 on page 11.
Here's the quote:
Basically, there's no sex involved. Dinners... Dates... Everything up to kissing.
She also states multiple times throughout the series that she doesn't have sex with her "daddies".

I thought we might get more character work before moving onto the girl vs. girl conflicts.

But really, I ought to know better.

Users who are viewing this thread