Itoko no Ko - Ch. 12 - My Cousin's First Time With a Smartphone?

Dex-chan lover
Don't take it at face value. The old man either didn't mention it because he didn't want to deal with Nozomu's protests (whining) or he didn't know how to approach the subject in a timely manner, so he kept postponing talking about it. Not much of a difference, really, aside from the attitude difference. Irresponsible, yes, but I could see it happening in real life these days.
Doesn't excuse the fact that's its really shitty and disgusting. If he kept postponing, that's actually even worse. To send your kid away on an expected vacation far away from home, then, near the end of it, reveal to him that he's not going back, without ever discussing it with him is just despicable. "Oh hey, your entire life and all the friends you had? Yeah, you dont get to go back to that. Hope you havent spent all this time excited to do so." That's the kind of shit that could lead to your kid cutting you out of their life.

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't excuse the fact that's its really shitty and disgusting. If he kept postponing, that's actually even worse. To send your kid away on an expected vacation far away from home, then, near the end of it, reveal to him that he's not going back, without ever discussing it with him is just despicable. "Oh hey, your entire life and all the friends you had? Yeah, you dont get to go back to that. Hope you havent spent all this time excited to do so." That's the kind of shit that could lead to your kid cutting you out of their life.
I don't know about no-contacting them, but "Yeah, your friends who you expected to see when you got back? If you didn't somehow have the foresight to get their contact info, you'll probably never see them again. And as far as they'll ever know, you chose to vanish without telling them." is super-shitty.

Dex-chan lover
NO DON'T LET HER GET INTO INTERNET!! SHE WILL LEARN TRUE MEANING OF INCEST AND THEN SHE START LIKING INCEST MANGA LIKE "MY COUSIN" AND THEN ANIME INCECT TO HENTA INCESTI!!
You would have to pry it over my dead hand before I'll think of lending mine's to anyone...

Dex-chan lover
Both the premise and the art of this manga are rather simple, and yet, It's one of the best romcoms I've seen as of late, the interactions between the two main characters are far more engaging than most of all the other romance mangas I've read, but I can't even point my finger as to why that is.
Feet. The answer is feet.

Dex-chan lover
Right after announcing the official twitter for the series? Doubtful. Maybe he just didn't feel like dealing with social media anymore. Maybe he got hacked. Who knows~

I'm inclined to suspect more pragmatic reasons. Author might have been told to get rid of it if he wanted to continue the serialization, or as a condition of getting a different serialization. Might not even be related to this series exactly. The industry is a lot more accepting of h-doujin artists going mainstream with sfw manga than it used to be, but maybe some of the stuff this guy posted crossed a line somewhere.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what is the dad endgame though?
It's sort of implied that for reasons unknown Nozomu spend his days alone at home, so far we know that his sister stay in the dorm so maybe his dad works abroad or rarely stay at home because of his works. It's kinda implied as well that Nozomu might be lonely and depressed that his dad thought Sou-chan would be a good influence. Still probably need to ask Nozomu opinion first though.

Dex-chan lover
I can vouch for him that pop-up ads are terrible. I may be bad, but I'm not THAT bad.

Dex-chan lover
I can vouch for him that pop-up ads are terrible. I may be bad, but I'm not THAT bad.
Indeed.

Pop-up ads sometimes seem to be an offshoot of corporate media's religion of tickling our ego to get us to be good little serfs who blame each other for the problems their bosses cause.

Except in this case, they make us feel better about ourselves by showing us something that (if it doesn't titillate us) makes us think "Ewww! At least I'm better than that!" 🥴

Users who are viewing this thread