Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaereru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Well, despite how he phrased himself, I kinda understand the feeling.

Dex-chan lover
Creepy how out of nowhere he mentions she'll be a good wife, she's just returning the kindness from before and showing him around. She's just a child and he doesn't know how she'll grow up or what she'll be but apparently she'll be a good wife.

lkw

it is so weird to see a cute little girl doing little girl things and think " she would make a good wife " like wtf

They did mention they sold flint and Lantern oil so a match is a game-changer. Easier to carry and a bit more reliable to light a fire. And if a non-magician can now create fire, then again, the match is a game-changer.

swR1LUh.png
what the fuck is this 🤨

Let me guess, MC failed his history class and cultural lessons on the difference of olden times vs modern times. Sigh~ If only the plot were more serious with a smart MC with proper accounting, economics, and business skills (since this type of plot is mostly business-related).

Double-page supporter
@ShionSinX look i try and write shit novels myself and even i have to use some level or reasoning in world building [MAGIC] exists we'd see it as wand that cast fire so reasoning would be a MATCH as a little wand that cast a little fire and not some exaggerated reaction it should be seen as a kind of magic tool. so yes that level of civilization would shit on the streets like middle ages.

Dex-chan lover
@aberdeus you dont seem to have checked medieval fantasy worlds that have actual worldbuilding then. Some novels have, some mangas have, but more importantly you will find those things on tabletop RPGs books.

Making fire out of nothing without magic is a big deal. Those worlds tend to use magic tools (expensive, usually few people can do) or straight up magic (not everyone can use), then the usual "survivalist way" (check out youtube for actual methods to make fire). So a cheap, fast, simple and non-magic way to use fire w/e you want is awesome.

Double-page supporter
@ShionSinX i'm saying is in world you would apply your own logic to the situation i.e [magic exists] staffs and wands are used to make magic happen(see ch1) these little stick make fire therefore they must be little wands or magic tools. the fact he was so shocked by it mean he is currently living in an extremely primitive area that even magic would shock the peasants and that magic is something reserved for the wealthy. by that logic we can assume that anyone that would catch a slime wouldn't be some regular peasant if there even was slime toilets they would only belong to the rich.

i'm saying they shit on the streets cause of the guys reaction for all i know they could have public latrines, who knows. i'm going by whats been show.

Dex-chan lover
@aberdeus no, you are making too many mental gymnastics to reach such assumptions about their world. He has a normal, cheap and non-magic item that can make fire, in a world where magic exists and people probably think they need magic to do so. OFC they'd be dumbfounded.

The more straightforward you take it, the better, dont make it complicated for no reason. As they say, K.I.S.S..

(edit typos)

@JWChibi it's exact;y her caring and helpful nature that makes him think that. Not sure if I'm alone here but those would be at the top of the list when looking for a partner.

Double-page supporter
@ShionSinX you're making the assumption that someone seeing a MATCH for the first time in a FANTASY world (which has magic) that it is NOT magical.

MC never said they weren't magical(of course we the audience know they aren't) he just explained [SMALL ITEM MAKE FIRE] and this guy freaked out

i'm not making any gymnastics here in a world that has magic anything that can't be explained will be dismissed as magic which is why his reaction is so out of place. in the real world there were so many thing were explained away as magic in the past just cause we couldn't explain them and YOU are jumping to the conclusion that the random ass adventure was able to see a match lit and instantly know it was non-magical (when in every other instance or lighters being introduced in fantasy manga they see them as magic tools, since you yourself said quote "You need to consume more high fantasy material (or as some call, "shit isekai") to get the grasp of this kind of thing."

i'm pretty sure i've grasped reactions to [SMALL ITEM MAKE FIRE] = [MAGIC] pretty well.

Dex-chan lover
@Ronye
it's exact;y her caring and helpful nature that makes him think that. Not sure if I'm alone here but those would be at the top of the list when looking for a partner.

To me thinking someone's going to be a good wife because of their caring nature would be a comment made towards a young adult at the very least. A grown man saying that about a child he barely knows, just met, and is not related to in any way is uncomfortable.

The situation doesn't even need that kind of comment from him since she's done nothing wife relayed in the first place. She was caring and kind, as most children are, he should have just said she was a good kid from what he could tell.
And many people can be kind and caring without being a wife, so why does his mind specifically jump to wife. Even if she were cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the house in place of her sick mother and he saw it he'd probably make the same terrible comment when she's really just a pitiful child force to be an adult from our perspective.
It's probably just terrible writing to justify when he helps her out and to show her gratitude she for some reason asks for Marriage or confesses.

Users who are viewing this thread