JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni natta - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Woof Woof (Cat)

Dex-chan lover
@AngryFerret
Yep, yep... Honestly, I was really skeptical about this manga at first, especially since I knew the implications of what a prostitute would likely think or have to do regarding her customers...

But the story is just too damn good. The characters are surpsingly not completely flat or statically written, aside from a few mooks. It’s not like most isekai, where enemies are mouth breathing retards, or conflicts are solved with dumb solutions, or they invent mayonnaise and soy sauce and are suddenly rich...

Props on Chiba for trying to make his first companion the obligatory slave heroine.

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster

I will shut up in a moment just wanted to write this. Thanks for reminding me about the disaster that was mayo industry sponsored manga/anime(I swear we don't want to brainwash everybody to join our obviously undemocratic empire of stupidity and mayo religion). 😑

Fed-Kun's army
Idk why I teared up when sumo cry, he's so cute and precious ;-;

Fed-Kun's army
I love this comic so far. This whole chapter about all the intricacies of how women in situations like these play along because the alternative is waaay worse is really refreshingly realistic too. Just because they're smiling and playing along doesn't mean they actually consented, they just understand that if they don't play the little games the men have started for them they'll probably be murdered. It's also super nice to see a female character who acts like an actual sex worker and isn't hung up on sex=love or any of the usual tropes, and how Haru treats Sumo the way she does (and isn't disgusted by his body or anything). It's def not a series for everyone but goddamn is it exceeding expectations for me on what it's set out to do.

Double-page supporter
She really loves talking about dicks in her monologues , you would think if someone in that situation they would think of other random stuff , also am I mistaken or is this dude white af lol? So how is it a bbc? Lol

She planned to give him a kiss on the lips free of charge anyways, but he got the taste of cock thrown in for free too!

Fed-Kun's army
Love this story so much, anything that counters the isekai/harem genre in a relatively logical way will get my respect.
reason why i said relatively logical explained in the spoiler below.

Cuz Haru's the real isekai MC with the most haxed power out there. I get why she went into prostitution at first but logically after 2-3 months she should have been powerful enough to leave the brothel and live as an adventurer. based on what we've seen from her she's got guts and is by no means a coward so i dont get why she didnt leave until (XXX) got killed and the ultimate oji-san appeared.

Aggregator gang
@MilkDust I would hardly call it "a good life" when one of the first things we learn about her is that she prostituted herself in middle school even before being Isekai'd.

That aside, after noticing this posted on reddit for the last months I tried to read these few chapters released so far to get a gist of what story this was trying to be. Was it a social commentary on prostitution? A Critique about the shitty nature of men's lust? A story about a female character embracing her sexuality in an empowering way? Just fanservice for the sake of it?

It seems like it tries a bit of everything, but it's rather half-assed and clumsy in touching each one of these angles.
But I think I get it now: what this is at its core.

You really get the feel that despise the pessimistic outlook to the world and the defeatist vibe in some of the MC's words, in the end she enjoys when she has it rough.
She's having mostly words of mockery or pity for the two guys who have a romantic interest for her. Even if in different ways, both are framed as "unmanly", uncool, limp-dicks, creepy or pathetically inept in bed, etc.
Conversely the story goes out of its way to stress how men who basically raped or humiliated her are muscular, with a big cock and here and there you get the passing comment about how her "body reacts against her will" or something.

Basically this is a humiliation fetish.

Fed-Kun's army
@Talismaster can you spoil me about any ML ?

@TucoBenedicto
in the end she enjoys when she has it rough.

did you read the chapter? she literally said she is faking it so the dude came faster and get off. you read too much hentai

Also if you are looking for a purpose for this manga, for me it's just a different kind of isekai. if you can't read anything but usual harem isekai don't read it. maybe it is exaggerated, unlike them it shows how the world can be harsh especially for women.

and before anyone give me the "it's not real world" guess what ? some women are treated shit to this day, and this is probably what's close to prostitution's in the Middle Ages

Aggregator gang
@Mira995 Yes, I did read.
Her claim that "she's faking it" doesn't change a thing and it has hardly anything to do with "hentai" (if not for the fact that these occasionally touch the topic as well).
Also, this is basically hentai in itself, anyway, so not sure what's your point.

It's almost as if you have no clue of how a humiliation fetish works.

P.S. Spare me the bullshit "if you are looking for a harem isekai", by the way.
Try these sort of cheap strawmen on someone else and you may have better success.

Fed-Kun's army
I can't believe I just had the same feeling when Naruto first learnt Rasengan with her price went up.

Dex-chan lover
@Mira995
Umm, forgive me, I’m hungry and just woke up but what’s a ML?

@TheLastTLK
For Haru, just showing off her power and attempting a take over to forcefully change the rules won’t work. With how strong she is now, and the amount of rights women have, people will merely think she’s a monster or child acting out, and not take her seriously.

She has to build the women’s suffrage movement from the ground up, and to do that, she has to get people to realize how fucked up their shit situation is.

i dont get why she didnt leave until (XXX) got killed and the ultimate oji-san appeared.
Because Haru’s not all knowing. She’s still admittedly naive. Also because ultimate Oji-San invited/challenged her. But even if she uses her power, she’s the odd one out. The only women that can join the guild are healers, and so Haru has to sneak into the demon forest through unused and extremely dangerous routes.

Additionally, she wants to live a “normal” life, and if “normal” means being at the brothel with her friends, so be it. She’s kinda proud of her hard work, that’s she’s put in to rise through the ranks.

But don’t be mistaken, she definitely wants to change that, because being a whore isn’t a great or safe career.

Lastly, Haru did NOT receive her cheat ability until after she decided to become a prostitute. It was something god gave her as her FIRST CUSTOMER thinking that it’s REALLY SUIT HER CHOSEN VOCATION. The asshole.

Users who are viewing this thread