Joou Heika no Isekai Strategy - Ch. 42 - Finale

d0v

I assume this got axed? Shame, it was promising. Thanks for seeing it through to the end.

Dex-chan lover
This... this doesn't feel like an end. It feels like an axe. Wth kind of bullshit did I just read.

Group Leader
This... this doesn't feel like an end. It feels like an axe. Wth kind of bullshit did I just read.
I wonder about that.. I checked the comments on the other manga from this author, and it seems it also ended abruptly and looked like it was cancelled.

My guess is that this was planned from the start. Maybe the sole purpose was to advertise the novel, or to serve as a test run to see if they could get an anime going, in case the manga got popular enough..

Or perhaps the author just pissed off someone important from the publisher lol
Guess it is wait and see, maybe there is hope for a reboot or whatever, it happens sometimes..

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So it was just another advertisement manga for the novel... too bad. It was quite unique, I'll miss it.
No it wasn't a advertisement. the final volume of the English light novel was also canceled.

Contributor
Fuck LGxSxEE is one of my favorites, was the manga canceled too?
Seems like it, there hasn't been any new Raw chapters since April, no announcement of a new volume since volume 4 was released last September, and no information from the publisher if it's on hiatus.

Dex-chan lover
Bro.. I really like page 23 and 25.
On page 23, from Serigan's perspective it's a heartwarming smile and the MC is still and will always be her beautiful Majesty. But in reality, on page 25, from the "reader's perspective" you can say. It's just a sad, delusional person with a broken mind.

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter and finishing this up

Well while the WN is long completed, is a shame the LN never gonna see that ending and final Volume, pretty much because the label it was being published on (Legend Novels) ceased to exist some years ago, and this happened with a few other Light Novels too (like Little Girl x Scoop x Evil Eye)
you happen to have a link to the WN?

Dex-chan lover
so it ends with her losing everything and having her mind broken? not exactly the end i expected or wanted...
Ended like a Starcraft p v p.

Someone Sh!te sends in the carriers after the hard fought slaughter.

Dex-chan lover
how sad that she goes for a pyric victory. also the girl with weird sense of fashion style was only implied to be a demon but with no certainty smh
hoping for revival of this manga
i wonder why this was axed? is it really just another ad for its novel?

Dex-chan lover
"Rocks fall everyone dies" What a terrible ending. I read the first volume of the LN and it ends nothing like this btw.
The attack on the country succeeds and she takes the princess back to enslave her with a brain bug. The first volume ends after that with foreshadowing that the dragon nation will be the next enemy. It also implies that the person in control of it is actually "playing" like our main character is.
Where did you read the LN, good sir?

Man, this was one of the best isekai series out there... and then it actually gets cancelled.

Though I actually sort of like the way it was wrapped up. The final chapter managed to mention some important stuff about what's really going on in the background, and I also like how the war ended in a draw/mutual slaughter instead of the kind of curbstomp victory you usually see in isekai stuff.

At face value, the arrival of the dragons feels like an asspull - but the king did mention that he had called for aid from the other countries. And one of those neighbouring countries was an empire with tamed wyverns. Even if without further info from the LN or webnovel, it stands to reason that a force of flying dragons could reach the royal capital in fairly short order.

The last few pages were a bit confusing. They initially seem to say that the entire swarm is dead now, that the queen and Serignan are the only survivors, and that the queen is mindbroken and delusional for thinking that there are still swarmlings out there waiting for her return. But then the last panels are like "Oh hey, connection restored!", and both the queen and Serignan spend exactly one panel remarking that they can hear the rest of the swarm again.

It does make sense that there would be survivors. I mean, are you really gonna tell me that those dragons fried every last arachnid, including the burrowers down there in the tunnels, and that the queen did not leave any workers at all in her home base or in that forward base in the ruins of Leen? C'mon now. The fact that part of the swarm survived makes total sense, but the way that that's presented here could have been done better.

I mean, if the manga's going to be ended like this anyway, then might as well leave things a little more ambiguous. Let Serignan do a little monologue on how the traumatic telepathic feedback from the entire swarm army dying at the capital probably knocked out their connection to the hivemind, and that they're now heading back to Leen or to the forest to see if they can reconnect with any survivors.

Either way, still a crying shame that the series had to end like this, though...

how sad that she goes for a pyric victory. also the girl with weird sense of fashion style was only implied to be a demon but with no certainty smh
hoping for revival of this manga
i wonder why this was axed? is it really just another ad for its novel?
According to the TL notes in several earlier chapters, the artist struggled with cancer.

The artist pulled through, thankfully - but the series still took a serious hit. Short chapters, irregular updates, even a hiatus at some point.

I'm guessing that the Japanese audience lost interest because of all that, and that sales dropped accordingly. And then the publisher was probably like "Oh hey, a floundering series by an artist who's only barely hanging on due to cancer. Lost cause on both counts. Time to pull the plug.".

In between that and the LN getting cancelled due to its publisher going out of business, this series really did get screwed over by bad luck. The only saving grace is that at least the original webnovel got completed.

Users who are viewing this thread