Just Flirting With a Cute, Annoying Kouhai - Comic Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Afterschool Personal Lesson

Dex-chan lover
Aw I wanted more of this because it was wholesome at the end. Didn't expect the author of Lust Geass to have a story in this anthology. Thanks for the translations & Happy New Year.

Dex-chan lover
@Jeiben I'm curious if theres more cultural context that's lost in translation and it's just a super literal translation

Dex-chan lover
@Jeiben @DeOneChester Thinking back to my own school days (especially around the ages 14-17), not so sure it's just a manga thing. Everyone was calling everyone else a virgin, even when they themselves were. It's just another insult, and one that targets a teenagers' most vulnerable point at that specific age, so being particularly scathing made it more enticing to use.

If there's a manga specific thing to wonder about, it's why nobody ever counters with "aren't you?", because chances are pretty damn high you get a hit. But that would require any sort of smarts or confidence from a manga character, and let's not get too wild here.

Dex-chan lover
Do these authors have no originality? The girl spouting off bullshit on virgins

Bitch. Do you want me to say that I have fucked three girls before I met you?

How is this an insult? Ten years I've read manga and this shit pops up every time from some dumb high school kid

Dex-chan lover
On page 5, did she mean being "blatant about it" or "blatantly not denying"?

Dex-chan lover
Man a lot of these make me wish they weren't just one-shots. I wanna see some of these relationships progress.

Dex-chan lover
Page X: That should be "Shower me with praise".

@DeOneChester Teens definitely do that in the US as well, because at that age it's really hard for anyone to respond to it. Pretty much no teen has the self-confidence to respond, "Yeah, and so are you, so what?" And even the ones that aren't virgins are usually too embarrassed to admit it. Plus even if they do, the person who called them a virgin will just accuse them of lying.

Users who are viewing this thread