Juujika no Rokunin - Ch. 182 - Gathering

Fuck man, just thinking about Kakeru is tough. Spent years in a coma only to be tortured to death shortly after awakening. At least I'm pretty sure he didn't feel the pain due to brain damage he had suffered. Like why does MC even care about these "lost memories" just capture that dickhead Kyou and kill him in the most painful way you can. Who cares if it turns out he used to be your friend?

Dex-chan lover
Next thing you know, he will stuck in there and it will become a death game SAO style. Author is just taking the piss at this point.

Dex-chan lover
I don't even mind all of the bullshit so far, I just hate that author constantly writes themselves into a corner that only an ass pull can fix. In no world would Uruma do anything but strangle Kyou on sight, but the author couldn't write a plausible scenario to get him into the VR chair to save his life.

Double-page supporter
Everyone be like "the author, asspull expert". Me, all I can think it's that the author is not the more craziest one here : it's the editor :lul: .
this person who give the final ok for each arc. Each arc.
The reunion must have been full of madness and chaos when magic VR was on the table.
The true cultists are the author and the editor to let this chaos reign.

Dex-chan lover
Authors bills cannot be this damn high. How in the ever living hell, is this supposed to be vr? Is the mc stupid? why would he willingly climb into a chamber that immobilizes him, blinds him and strips him of any manner of defending himself in the event that shigoku decides to off him. I have lost all my brain cells reading this
It’s gonna be like the old joke where Berserk ends with Griffith coming out and saying it was all a prank and it’s revealed that everything was staged.

except like how Guts actually lost his arm, our friendly scientist did in fact blow himself up.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone's read 20th and 21st Century Boys, I think the author is trying/poorly imitating the nigh last arc
; personally, it's irritating to see, but at this point, I'm here to see the trolleywreck it'll be

Double-page supporter
So the author decided, in the lack of options, to go for a sci-fi/supernatural/fantasy?? cop-out now. Brilliant. They might be aiming for making all the possible mistakes in a single manga.
Damn off topic but I think I recognize you from back when How to fight first debut and y'all were slightly beefing with that one scan group, pmscans I think it was?

Is there still anyone reading this series out of enjoyment, or are we all just watching this car crash of a series unfold just to see the final wreckage?

Dex-chan lover
Wow, Metaverse ain't got nothing on this awesome cult super-technology.
I bet Mark Zuckerberg is really kicking himself right now.

Fed-Kun's army
''Didn't I come here... ...To get my revenge?'' I know right?? Kinda crazy considering you had one of the BEST opportunities right in front of you before you got in the machine.. so why didn't you fucking do it then...? You cannot be asking this now... is the author taking the piss? 🙃

Dex-chan lover
So rereading Chapter 1, the only way any of this makes sense is if Shun is just braindead and lost his memories. We see from Kyou's perspective how he thinks and the things he's done. Kyou literally says he wants to kill someone and cause them so much despair they kill themselves while talking to the initial group of asshole kids and Shun is not there. It was a conversation that only us the audience was privy to. We also see Kyou himself pick up a rock and beat Shun's little brother in the head to put him in a coma which again Shun wasn't there for so it was only shown for us the audience. Any sort of "well maybe Kyou wasn't actually bad and Shun just misremembered" is rendered null due to those scenes unless the author just straight up lied to us.

Also leading from that, the part where Kyou beats Kakeru into a coma was preceded by a phone call to Shun where he brags about his plan to murder his family which means the phone call is real to due to continuity. The only way Shun would take Kyou for his word is if Shun forgot which to be fair, they did have that dumbass memory loss arc so its possible he only remembered some things but that's such a lazy cop out. Point being, I don't understand what all of this setup is for. The audience can go back and reference the early chapters and see that Kyou was never a good person or a friend. The argument that Shun was deluded doesn't work when they gave us scenes without Shun's involvement.

Also as a wild prediction I'm going to say that the "twist" of this VR simulation nonsense is that the "real" villain will be revealed to be Shun's grandpa. Chapter 1 also established that his gramps was not on good terms with his parents and his dad and mom freaked out when Shun was anywhere near him. This also seems at odds with the backstory we got from the grandfather's comrade considering his wife seemed pretty content with him and you'd think his son would be fine as well so something must have happened that caused his son to distance himself (also weird that the wife just kind of dies off screen with zero ceremony, Shun's dad never brings up his own mom/Shun's grandma). The pieces are in place to cast doubt on the grandpa but honestly there are too many incongruencies in the narrative now because the manga is obviously running on a different outline than it did when it first started.

Users who are viewing this thread