Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
Wish it could have kept going but this was a fine story. THANK YOU FOR THE TRANSLATIONS!

Fed-Kun's army
Damn it really got axed, we havent even got the conclusion for gran country yet :( this was a fun journey, thank you for translating ^^

I was planning on resting and making eggnog, but here we are, 10 hours after posting the previous chapter.

And with that, the series Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan has officially ended, and I end my scanlations here, almost 2 years after posting my first chapter.

Final thoughts on the series:
While I know that this wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, I still enjoyed reading and scanlating this series. For it's cons, I felt that it suffered from pacing issues in the last 2 arcs (specifically, I felt that the Second Arc was rushed, while the Third Arc dragged too long (it didn't feel dragged in the Web Novel)).

My favourite arc will always be the second one (The Price of Freedom). And as I might have mentioned before, the main reason I translated this was for Chapter 17.

Thanks for the translations!

This is one of those endings that you can feel satisfied about.

Dex-chan lover
Sad but also relieving to see it end where it did. I do hope to see more, improved, work by this author one day. It was a pleasant ride.

Dex-chan lover
I didn't know it ended already.
Is this axed or LN/webnovel actually more than this?

I haven't checked Novelupdates in months, and just now I can't find the link for the TL for this.
There should be more since we still haven't seen the "Prove of Peace" Grant was supposed to show to the commander, but both the translated WN and LN (that i know) doesn't have any news about the second part of this arc. This manga also just a promotional item, where they just printed it so people would be interested with the novel story

Dex-chan lover
This could be a fantasy grisaia but too bad the arc following that isn't that great. Oh well, at least it's a nice enough ending.

Dex-chan lover
Aw, this manga is an interesting read, very worth it to pass the time. Thank you for the translator team :hearts:
Also, Mize best girl :win:

Dex-chan lover
There should be more since we still haven't seen the "Prove of Peace" Grant was supposed to show to the commander, but both the translated WN and LN (that i know) doesn't have any news about the second part of this arc. This manga also just a promotional item, where they just printed it so people would be interested with the novel story
Like it was mentioned in various comments in this thread, this is pretty much where both the WN and LN stopped, there is nothing after, there haven't been an update since 2-3 years when manga started, so i doubt author going to resume it at this point

Author just went to write that romcom that have an adaptation instead

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Among this type of stories that came out, I feel this is one of the more interesting one. But I guess the audience didn't really like it as much... Too bad, because I feel the MC here really didn't grow through out the story. Unlike other MC in the same genre.

Dex-chan lover
Prez just casually did orbital strike on everyone involved. How did he even almost dying during war? The hell he fought???

I was planning on resting and making eggnog, but here we are, 10 hours after posting the previous chapter.

And with that, the series Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan has officially ended, and I end my scanlations here, almost 2 years after posting my first chapter.

Final thoughts on the series:
While I know that this wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, I still enjoyed reading and scanlating this series. For it's cons, I felt that it suffered from pacing issues in the last 2 arcs (specifically, I felt that the Second Arc was rushed, while the Third Arc dragged too long (it didn't feel dragged in the Web Novel)).

My favourite arc will always be the second one (The Price of Freedom). And as I might have mentioned before, the main reason I translated this was for Chapter 17.

EDIT: I don't want to make more comments, so here's an FAQ

Frequently Asked Question:
(may or may not be updated)

1. Did this manga get AXED?
The MANGA wasn't axed, the SERIES was. According to the authors's note at the last chapter of the Web Novel:
"Currently, the market for Light Novels is really tough...and I've been told that this work might not be able have a Fourth Volume published at this rate."

In the same vein, the Web Novel was likely also discontinued:
"I don't think it will be easy for me to be motivated to continue a discontinued work, so, by all means, please support it!"

The manga was able to adapt everything from its source material, so the manga itself wasn't axed; the series was. (Yes, I am nitpicking)

and here's some credits, since I never bothered with a credits page:

Credits:
Translator: DeepL.com, JapanDict.com, Various other "Learn Japanese" websites, Mordoth
Cleaner & Redrawer: Mordoth
Typesetter: Mordoth

Thank you all for reading this series, and I hope you enjoyed it.
thanks for the hard work Scanlators-san :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

If the series continued for a bit more, I really hoped the "hero" wouldn't be the typical asshole like in "I got kicked from the hero's party" manga. Instead, he'd be a bro and befriend Tweight and co., maybe admire him more if he somehow learns Tweight was the one who actually killed the demon lord.

But What ifs are just what ifs.

Dex-chan lover
For the people wondering what the Hero, Shion Veil, was like, here's an excerpt from the Short Story of Volume 1:

Then, she encountered a brown-haired boy.
“Sophia?” (Sophia is the First Princess of The Kingdom of Terraria and The Hero Party's Priestess/Healer; she had a minor appearance in the novels)
“Ah…H-Hero-sama!”
A man who was now known by all the people in the world-- the Hero Shion Veil was there. He had a handsome, refreshing appearance and a friendly aura. At first glance, it was clear that he was the type of person who was well-liked by everyone.
When he saw Sophia’s face, Shion gave her a gentle smile.
“Great timing. I was just over there, talking with Alan and the others about our plans for the journey. For now, I was planning to meet all the people who looked after us during the war, but did you want to go somewhere, Sophia?”
“Uh, well…I’ll give it some thought.”
“Roger that. Alan and Witch are over there, so you can wait there if you want. I’m going to ask the Prime Minister about the budget for the journey.”
Sophia bowed to Chris, before heading to the place that Shion had indicated.
After watching Sophia move away from them, Shion looked at Chris and spoke.
“You’re from the army, right?”
“…Yes.”
Unlike Sophia, Shion didn’t know much about Chris. In the first place, Shion himself wasn’t aware of the existence of the “Back”, and so he doesn’t have a full understanding of Chris’ position in the army.
But Shion suddenly gave a deep bow.
“Thank you for all your help during the war!”
Seeing the unthinkably humble attitude coming from the great hero who defeated the Demon King, Chris’s eyes turn round as she responded.
“Thank you for your kind words. However, we weren’t the only ones who were helped. Hero-sama, thank you very much for defeating the Demon King.”
Chris also gives a similarly deep bow.
“Even though you are lauded as a great hero, Hero-sama, you even treat a soldier like me with humility, don’t you?”
“…It’s not that I’m being humble or anything.”
Shion says, slightly averting his gaze.
“I…understand that I am but a poster boy.”
After saying that, Shion walked away.
Chris watched Shion’s back as he headed for the Prime Minister.

If anyone's interested, here's a link to the full short story.

Dex-chan lover
For the people wondering what the Hero, Shion Veil, was like...
Glad Shion's humble--aware of his role at least.

I didn't read the novels and I don't remember if Sophia even had enough screentime in the manga for a few lines, so I'm shocked she's one of the "Front" who knew 28 and his line of work. Probably used her Princess authority huh? :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
Geez, even Manga I didn't know were coming to a close are ending this year. Gonna need to find a bunch of replacements. I agree the pacing was a bit WTF sometimes, but I did enjoy the characters and the concept. The end feels a little rushed too, but with it being forced to end, at least it tied things up and potentially leaves the story open for a sequel if the market supports it.

Contributor
Frequently Asked Question:
(may or may not be updated)

1. Did this manga get AXED?
The MANGA wasn't axed, the SERIES was. According to the authors's note at the last chapter of the Web Novel:
"Currently, the market for Light Novels is really tough...and I've been told that this work might not be able have a Fourth Volume published at this rate."

In the same vein, the Web Novel was likely also discontinued:
"I don't think it will be easy for me to be motivated to continue a discontinued work, so, by all means, please support it!"

The manga was able to adapt everything from its source material, so the manga itself wasn't axed; the series was. (Yes, I am nitpicking)
You're following things, so do you think there'll be a Volume 7 to collect the last 5 chapters, or did the series end so hard that it won't?

Users who are viewing this thread