Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
In this scene in the LN when Alexia is talking to Iris, the replacement for the previously slain head knight is very blatantly a Cult agent and was in there in the room. When questioned by Alexia he brought up the evidence and testimony that SG was behind those operations. So yeah, Iris hates Shadow and has a personal assistant who constantly tells her what a piece of shit Shadow is. Positive feedback at its finest~

Dex-chan lover
My guess is at the end of it, Cid will rein in or beat Diabolos anyway, and everyone (in Shadow Garden) will be see that Cid “set it up to happen that way” (well, he did tell Zeta he wanted eternal life, which is somewhat of a trigger so it is “true”).
Sasuga Shadow-sama indeed. :ROFLMAO:

What’s interesting of course is how things are going to unravel and who is going to be most confused and surprised. :meguu:
ye, pretty much the follow up to the events I described.

I just don't feel like the story will ever take a quote on quote serious turn. It all boils down to the MC having fun at all points, even if he is considered the wisest of them all, when he often questions the wise contemplations of actual wise people:

"What the hell am I even doing here?"

To which the masses usually respond with the Sasuga Shadow-sama as you already mentioned. I doubt the author will ever divert from this running theme, which the whole story is based on as a premise set by the first chapter.

Contributor
I haven't read the source material(and I'll keep it that way), but if this is heading towards an infighting arc ala Civil War then I'm all for it.

Edit: If the borrowed money is a million, then yeah they ain't chipping away at the debt at 20,000 monthly, but if they borrow about 100,000 at 2% monthly interest then that's an amazing deal (or so I surmise). I'm curious if this business model would make someone with a finance background laugh.
Yes, but they mentioned that this deal is for nobles, in other words, they are guaranteed piggies with solid collateral to collect if they default. Aka. free money.

Dex-chan lover
The cults tally so far as we know is two beastmen tribe that got massacred. That country that got Black Rose'd. The vampires... could have been instigated by the cult. Maybe. If the cult was harvesting souls it'd be very FMA.
I wonder if we will see the Elves get massacre next.

Dex-chan lover
So my guesses are:

Those 2 friends are the top 2 knights of the diablos cult

The sister knows diablo cult is real, she knows that if shadow garden was serious they could easily destroy the nation. But she also knows diablo cult infiltrated all the countries and controls them from the shadows so she is pretending that they don't exist to eliminate them secretly

That present zeta gave him seems fishy...

Dex-chan lover
2% per month or 24% per annum interest is a fucking scam though
He means to borrow 100 000 at 2% and pay back 20 000 each month which will let you borrow 100k for 5/6 months and pay it up with a total cost of around 6k which sounds pretty reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
Man what tonal whiplash. Go from laughing at antics,to see crazy priest beheading and entire family and crushing a child in his hands into a bloody pulp.

Group Leader
I'm kinda confused as to where the betrayal aspect of the plot is coming from? Shadow Garden is like, actually definitely, a cult with Shadow as their nominal leader or God depending on who you ask. What Zeta is doing is akin to the Great Schism of the Catholic Church. Shadow Garden definitely has different factions with varying interpretations of how to venerate Shadow. Zeta's interpretation of the Shadow scripture probably has irreconcilable differences with current Shadow Garden doctrine and therefore she goes to form a new, more zealous cult in outright worship of her God Shadow.

Haven't read the LNs but kinda hoping that's where this is going and not something as simple as a betrayal plotline. Then all the drama is rendered moot when Cid does his thing.

Fed-Kun's army
Cid's head has to be the emptiest thing outside of his grand plans - which seemingly include absolutely robbing his two NPC friends like an infinite money glitch
Thanks for the translations so far!

Dex-chan lover
Whaddya mean, Aurora IS Diabolos and she's currently sharing Clair's body, none of the stuff's been made up other than whatever random lies Cid can think of
Whatever Cid says to someone about the Cult is the truth 100%. Because he has absolute genre awareness, but absolutely zero personal and situational awareness

Dex-chan lover
fr ive been thinking like Cid about my birthday from 10 yrs ago till now, and from that point on ive never celebrate my birthday again, well im happy if my crush or my friend remember my birthday tho even tho i dont remember it much and forget about it sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread