Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Feels like a mistake to me that he could use his blacksmith cheat to make OP weapons fom day one but had to go through some trial error for the suspension system.
As a normal person from the modern world he had the same general knowledge about both from his previous world, is weird then that the cheat didn't guide him perfectly like with when he did weapons.
If any is likely he knew more about suspernsion for seeing them on TV and using them in everyday life than weapons crafting.

Aggregator gang
max-level-newbie-i-hope-they-dont-become-lolis-lol-theyre-v0-axj4j81i2qbb1.jpeg
Ah the old Mikey curse

Supporter
i can imagine the conversation between the author and artist on what to do with that super long tail while pulling the cart, kinda settled on a cheat, lol

Double-page supporter
Even if his life will have little impact on the world, how little is little to a watchdog? Or even God? When the Hero and the Demon Lord will even duel with his swords, how little is that? I think he'll have a great influence with his knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation. Was waiting for this.

If any is likely he knew more about suspernsion for seeing them on TV and using them in everyday life than weapons crafting.
Don't think so, or the manga artist made a mistake on research.

If you fixes leaf spring at both ends with fixed attachments, it wouldn't only capable to bend very slightly, limit the suspension to near zero. Real world leaf spring attaches one end with bars and hinges, if not hinged it with another leaf spring.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this series released RAW wise faster, I always wait a few chapters to come out before binging the whole series again cause it's kinda so long that I forget some things. Like others have said the leafspring isn't quite right, author needed to do more research o nthat for sure, probably google image searched it and thats it.

I also echo the sentimate that MC needs to stop whining that his abilities are only cause of the cheat, they are literally what he asked for and also while the cheat gives him the tools he himself still has to do the effort to achieve the results.

Dex-chan lover
Did I misspelled its name somewhere? Cuz I prefer Krull
I was asking if the original was meant to be more like "Kruul" or if "Krull" is actually accurate, given the name is meant to be based off the sound made, so "Krull" doesn't really make sense as a choice to me.

Dex-chan lover
the first isekai ever to directly address my annoyance with adding otherworld suspensions… merely adding springs doesn’t help shaking without converting that bouncing energy into a different type of energy, and leaf springs was the first to do this in the real world by converting the up and down energy of the carriage into heat via the friction between the plates of the spring

modern suspensions rely on hydraulics to convert the kinetic energy in a spring into heat energy

Last edited:
Contributor
I was asking if the original was meant to be more like "Kruul" or if "Krull" is actually accurate, given the name is meant to be based off the sound made, so "Krull" doesn't really make sense as a choice to me.
well it's "Kururu" by its sound, originally

Dex-chan lover
The one thing that kinda jumps out at me was where he's thinking about the difference in his capabilities between "Blacksmithing" and "General Production".

Once again, the mangaka didn't do their homework. If they had, they'd know that blacksmithing is general production. Even for knives, as they're regard more as tools than weapons.

But making swords is a bit more specialized, and falls under the umbrella category of "Bladesmithing", which includes the specialized trades: swordsmith, scythesmith, and knifemaker. And yes, these trades do have a good deal of overlap with blacksmithing - especially the knifemaker trade.

I'm wondering if this is just because the idea of working with metal in Japan was something that was mostly constrained to swordsmithing, since prior to their industrialization you didn't see very many metal fittings over there. Practically everything was made of wood and paper. They didn't have much in the way of iron over there, and what they did have was of such poor quality that they had to come up with some clever workarounds in order to produce decent quality swords.

the first isekai ever to directly address my annoyance with adding otherworld suspensions… merely adding springs doesn’t help shaking without converting that bouncing energy into a different type of energy, and leaf springs was the first to do this in the real world by converting the up and down energy of carriage into heat via the friction between the plates of the spring

modern suspensions rely on hydraulics to convert the kinetic energy in a spring into heat energy
A big part of my job is fleet maintenance and while I knew what leaf-spring suspension was, I didn't know the specifics. Thanks for the lesson!

Dex-chan lover
The one thing that kinda jumps out at me was where he's thinking about the difference in his capabilities between "Blacksmithing" and "General Production".

Once again, the mangaka didn't do their homework. If they had, they'd know that blacksmithing is general production. Even for knives, as they're regard more as tools than weapons.

But making swords is a bit more specialized, and falls under the umbrella category of "Bladesmithing", which includes the specialized trades: swordsmith, scythesmith, and knifemaker. And yes, these trades do have a good deal of overlap with blacksmithing - especially the knifemaker trade.

I'm wondering if this is just because the idea of working with metal in Japan was something that was mostly constrained to swordsmithing, since prior to their industrialization you didn't see very many metal fittings over there. Practically everything was made of wood and paper. They didn't have much in the way of iron over there, and what they did have was of such poor quality that they had to come up with some clever workarounds in order to produce decent quality swords.
The thing you aren't getting is "blacksmithing cheats" is not "general labourer and craftsman cheats", and the latter is what he was referring to. He can work metal real well, but doing all the rest of the crafting is not as high-ranked. Simple as that.

well it's "Kururu" by its sound, originally
I was wondering why it was always an odd "Kruuu". So why did you change it?

Dex-chan lover
The thing you aren't getting is "blacksmithing cheats" is not "general labourer and craftsman cheats", and the latter is what he was referring to. He can work metal real well, but doing all the rest of the crafting is not as high-ranked. Simple as that.

Go back and re-read what I wrote.

I'm not saying that these are the same thing. I'm saying that the mangaka has the wrong names for the skills. That his "General Production" should be referred to as "Blacksmithing" and his work on swords and knives should be "Bladesmithing".

And I'm not talking out my ass, here. I actually did check on this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacksmith
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladesmith

In particular, the article on Blacksmithing has this to say:
While there are many people who work with metal such as farriers, wheelwrights, and armorers, in former times the blacksmith had a general knowledge of how to make and repair many things, from the most complex of weapons and armor to simple things like nails or lengths of chain.
So while his ability to make swords is nearly god-level, his ability with things like leaf springs and wagon wheels is just "Good". Which, in my mind, means that he's a Bladesmith first, and a Blacksmith second. Other skills such as "farrier" and "wheelwright" are never mentioned - they're not even implied - so they must fall under this "General Production" skill, which would actually be "Blacksmithing".

Now, go back and remove that strike. Your failure at reading comprehension is not my fault.

Dex-chan lover

Go back and re-read what I wrote.

I'm not saying that these are the same thing. I'm saying that the mangaka has the wrong names for the skills. That his "General Production" should be referred to as "Blacksmithing" and his work on swords and knives should be "Bladesmithing".

And I'm not talking out my ass, here. I actually did check on this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacksmith
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladesmith

In particular, the article on Blacksmithing has this to say:

So while his ability to make swords is nearly god-level, his ability with things like leaf springs and wagon wheels is just "Good". Which, in my mind, means that he's a Bladesmith first, and a Blacksmith second. Other skills such as "farrier" and "wheelwright" are never mentioned - they're not even implied - so they must fall under this "General Production" skill, which would actually be "Blacksmithing".

Now, go back and remove that strike. Your failure at reading comprehension is not my fault.
He's working on crafting the cart and wheels when talking about general production. It's not my fault that you're unable to understand that he's doing more than just blacksmithing, or, to put it your way: "Your failure at reading comprehension is not my fault."

Users who are viewing this thread