Kamigami no Kago de Seisan Kakumei - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.3

Dex-chan lover
Everyone seems to forget that she was doing everything to ensure they had the resources to continue fighting against the demons (which her kingdom/dukedom/whatever are on the front lines of) - if I'm recalling correctly.
Even the elven islands were conquered because they are the best location for a naval base in their fight against the demons.

This doesn't change the fact that she lost half her army on a pointless fight that was more about honour than anything else, nor does it change the fact that she could have solved the situation diplomatically, I'm sure the islanders would have been happy to help the people defending everyone's peace by allowing them to use their islands for a naval base.

Dex-chan lover
I feel very 50/50 with this, like on one hand there’s the magical contract of peace with everyone getting their land back. But, on the other hand I dislike how neatly this was wrapped up in a pretty little spotless bow.
The problem is, the magical contract is just between the Butler, MC and the "princess", nothing is stopping the king to change the person in charge (with a more competent one instead of the brain dead princess) and invading again, just move the butler and the princess back to the capital and no contract would be recognized, plus i'm 90% sure the "princess" will join the harem under the excuse "Erm you'll stay with Tadashi as to learn how to govern a country", the MC is a joke if he didn't want to kill her he could at least ransom her or something the like to show he isn't as much of a doormat.

There's this one anecdote from the Italian unification as when they went to take the Vatican the pope said something along the lines "i'll excommunicate anyone who would order to attack the Vatican" to which the Italian just took the one Jewish officer they had laying around and got him in charge.

Dex-chan lover
pointless fight that was more about honour than anything else
Was it? Because the way I see it there was a lot on the table to gamble for: the juicy territories in previously useless wastelands, squashing a rebellion that would only weaken the kingdom over time, and showing everyone that you can't just flee the kingdom and declare independence.
In the end it proved to be worth a shot. Sure the kingdom took a blow, but it's no worse than bowing down to this Tadashi in the first place. They'd be at his mercy either way.

Dex-chan lover
Screenshot-56.png

I'm not surprised that this happened... Still...

Supporter
While i disliked the solution it was an expected one. Like i said before, the only thing that will make me drop this in the current Vols is if the princess enters the harem

Dex-chan lover
The problem is, the magical contract is just between the Butler, MC and the "princess", nothing is stopping the king to change the person in charge
That might not work depending on how the oath is interpreted. The oath didn't mention who led the charge or ordered it. "Someone" is a little vague, so it could mean only the people on the scene here, or it could mean anyone Odin represents. So even if the king changes the person in charge, this could still force Odin to kill the princess then himself. Though he could be physically prevented to do so.

Everyone seems to forget that she was doing everything to ensure they had the resources to continue fighting against the demons
And you forget that she was basically going to kill the goose with golden eggs.
There was a short negotiation phase and she was offered a trade deal with cheap prices. (Vague as this was. Of course details would have been discussed afterwards.)
Instead, she decided that she was just taking everything for free, people included, because she was entitled to it, no compromise allowed. This would have drastically reduced the workforce cultivating the cursed land, and possibly motivated Tadashi to let it all get cursed again, just like he did hen he weaponized the water.
She's lucky that Tadashi is still willing to establish trade after this pointless invasion.

Dex-chan lover
since much of this total defeat, a lot of her resources and manpower got greatly reduced so her action will have consequences because later in Chapter 15
Her kingdom gets attacked by the Demon

Dex-chan lover
Was it? Because the way I see it there was a lot on the table to gamble for: the juicy territories in previously useless wastelands, squashing a rebellion that would only weaken the kingdom over time, and showing everyone that you can't just flee the kingdom and declare independence.
The cursed lands aren't usable without Tadashi's power and will.
There was no rebellion, just runaways.
And people wouldn't have fled the kingdom if they had been treated humanely.

This whole situation was caused by the kingdom, and she just compounded the issue with her own pride, even as she was given enough information and a trade deal to make peace a much more appealing option. Even Odin, her trusted and skilled advisor, told her that it was a bad idea.

In the end it proved to be worth a shot. Sure the kingdom took a blow, but it's no worse than bowing down to this Tadashi in the first place. They'd be at his mercy either way.
Worth a shot? She lost a lot of men who are a precious war ressource on the demon front. And she weakened the front while she came on this little expedition. And she rejected a deal that could have ended this all very quickly at little to no cost to everyone with a win-win situation.
Because she wanted a personal military achievement instead.

It was a wild gamble and she lost. Big.
It would have been worth it only if she had won. And even then, only if the demons don't successfully invade through the place she weakened while she made her bet.

Dex-chan lover
"It looks like we will finally return to peace"

sniff sniff You smell that? I certainly smell it. It's a flag lol😂

Dex-chan lover
since much of this total defeat, a lot of her resources and manpower got greatly reduced so her action will have consequences because later in Chapter 15
Her kingdom gets attacked by the Demon
I can already guess the outcome of the mc jumping in to save it then

Dex-chan lover
He did not need her head for peace, but he needed that "head" first peace... I'll take my bonks and red Xs.

Dex-chan lover
She got humiliated. She lost half her army to one castle attack even when she used her powers and her closest advisor lost faith in her in front of the survivors. When they get back home nobody is going to trust her any more, especially since now she has to explain to herself to all the widows she made.

Users who are viewing this thread