Keikenchi Chochiku de Nonbiri Shoushin Ryokou ~Yuusha to Koibito ni Tsuihou sareta Senshi no Mujikaku zama~ - Ch. 22

Contributor
Magic literally negates all of this, in no way is the quality of life or economies the same when any asshole off the street can make water out of thin air and life threatening injuries and sickness are cured with a potion. The rest is, again, rpg tropes. It's a game a telephone at this point.
That's why it is medieval fantasy and not just medieval. It doesn't negate anything, because they still don't have any modern technology that would actually change it to a modern setting with magic, instead of medieval.
You know I didn't say that, I said I want better writing, is that clearer? Please just answer this, why does Vinland Saga get near universal praise AND is based in medieval Europe including slavery DEEPLY embedded in the narrative? What's the difference you think?
No, I really didn't understand what you meant.

Dex-chan lover
so.... when will toru confront sain, is it still far from current chapter? any spoiler guys here?
First confrontation is RELATIVELY close--should happen by like chapter 35ish (so abiut a year)? While Sain does get his ass kicked then, he gets away. The comeuppance won't be for quite a while (like a decade at current release rate).

Dex-chan lover
Well, the solution here is that he is going to command her to never take her life forcing her to stay alive. This troupe isn't really a new one though, as other series had used Forced Command or Brainwashing in a way to stop a person from committing suicide or letting themselves die out.

Considering there isn't any other option from stopping her from taking her own life, i guess it works in a way. But there was also the possibility to instead make her parents be her owner as they would have also stopped her from taking her own life.

Also she wasn't really a slave to the Hero, she was brainwashed and controlled. And it seems that one of the main criteria of becoming a slave is that the person shouldn't be brainwashed. Which is why i guess the Hero chose brainwashing than slavery.
"brainwashed and controlled"... that sounds like a slave to me ¯\(ツ)

Dex-chan lover
Some might say turning Nei into a slave is a bad decision, but what else would have been done to avoid a potential suicide? Those people need to be under constant watch and care, something that may not happen even in her own home if the family's busy with other matters. She'll pull something the moment they have their back turned long enough.

At least with this, her ability to kill herself has been taken away. The problem's still there, it's just been locked up tight, at least until Toru gets her mind back into a stable condition. At any rate, at least we know brainwashing really was involved, meaning the other girls in his old party are suspected under the same conditions. I don't know if he'll actively go around searching for them after this, but he knows now that the recent actions toward him up to his banishment from the party were out of seriously ill intentions.

Dex-chan lover
"brainwashed and controlled"... that sounds like a slave to me ¯\(ツ)
In this series, when you're controlled as a slave, it seems you still have some awareness of your actions, where as brainwashing you have no way of knowing whether your actions go against your morals, but if the contrast is too great, it will cause great discomfort to the mind.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, slavery always solve everything. :ROFLMAO:(y)(y)
Now is time for revenge, or not... :sneaky:
Well, it's a type of brainwash too. If the MC was nasty he could have easily done worse than just stop his childhood friend from offing herself from trauma and guilt

Dex-chan lover
In this series, when you're controlled as a slave, it seems you still have some awareness of your actions, where as brainwashing you have no way of knowing whether your actions go against your morals, but if the contrast is too great, it will cause great discomfort to the mind.
the whole concept of being a slave is that you have no free will, having awareness or not is irrelevant... Even if you are the slave of the "generic nice guy" MC, your free will is still highly limited (even if they try to pass it as beneficial to the slave), is the same if you are "brainwashed"...

Dex-chan lover
What's with Isekai MCs and slavery? I get that most of these are just power-fantasy stories, but this is getting ridiculous lol.
It's not a relatable fantasy unless there's an imbalanced power dynamic.

the face on the Slave trader was all like
erm ok then
I'm guessing you don't last long as slave trader if you ask too many questions.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That's why it is medieval fantasy and not just medieval. It doesn't negate anything, because they still don't have any modern technology that would actually change it to a modern setting with magic, instead of medieval.

No, I really didn't understand what you meant.
I am pretty sure there is a lot you don't understand

Aggregator gang
So if u had to put it into chapters for a manga, how far away are we from THAT? 20-30 chapters?
I'd give it about that. We are about chapter 37 in the wn. And it takes about 24 chapters to meet the hero again. So its probably 10-15 for the reunion and another 10-20 for the resolution of the arc.

Also re-reading it,
killing the hero would be a huge crime and make you the enemy of multiple nations. He was seriously ready for the death penalty just to end that guy. Luckily the real mastermind came into play and saved Sain. And our MC didn't have to carry that burden. Toru was ready to end a life that day.

Dex-chan lover
It's set in a fantasy world where slavery is not viewed the same way as it is in this world. The MCs usually use it as a tool and a majority of the time, despite having "slaves", the people enslaved usually aren't treated like ones.
Slavery existed in this world as general practice just a few centuries ago. There are still people who are basically slaves (such as women who have been had passports stolen and are forced to work in the "sex industry").

actually MC wants to beat the POS down to save his other childhood friend and fiance. He eventually finds out the other girl was sold as a slave. And pretty much hunts him down to save his fiance. When he finally finds him he already got his ass kicked by another demon. Until it's revealed the fiance is the demon lord and basically manipulated the guy so he would be a loser and not a threat which wasn't hard since the brainwashing power already made him a POS anyway. Also bitch killed MC's parents.
After that it was on sight for both. Though he did save the guy. So he would be executed later. He didn't even bother going to the execution.
Although
he does get revived due to the armor the bitch demon lord gave him. Still on sight though. And I have finished the wn so I don't know how it ended.

There are a few other funny details I left out. But that's the basic just.
actually MC wants to beat the POS down to save his other childhood friend and fiance. He eventually finds out the other girl was sold as a slave. And pretty much hunts him down to save his fiance. When he finally finds him he already got his ass kicked by another demon. Until it's revealed the fiance is the demon lord and basically manipulated the guy so he would be a loser and not a threat which wasn't hard since the brainwashing power already made him a POS anyway. Also bitch killed MC's parents.
After that it was on sight for both. Though he did save the guy. So he would be executed later. He didn't even bother going to the execution.
Although
he does get revived due to the armor the bitch demon lord gave him. Still on sight though. And I have finished the wn so I don't know how it ended.

There are a few other funny details I left out. But that's the basic just.
Did MC save Soara from slavery too ? Or MC too late to save her because someone already buy her ?

Dex-chan lover
Often anime detractors and haters use this terminology, normalization, i'm wondering, are you "normalized" after reading such works? You feel the urge to do the same in the real world?
How do you know how other people feel and are affected about this? Have you data and articles where people that read such manga or novels do the same in real life?
I ask because i found this very strange, is about 30 years that i read any manga and novels, even the most rauchy hentai, and it have no effect on me. Maybe i'm special, dunno. But in all these years what i get is that seems just another bland excuse that some fake moral knights often use to bash what they do not personally like and hate the fact that there are a lot of people around the world that like such entertaiment or do not care about it.
Moreover, i never understand why these haters are so mad about fake drawing characters and fictions since they have the freedom to not read them, i mean they read it till the end then they complain but continue to read them just to talk shit over and over, sound like hypocrisy to me.
Thank you. I really hate when they talk about realism in a manga or manhwa. I read to escape reality. If I wanted a realistic approach I would watch a nature documentary.

Dex-chan lover
Some might say turning Nei into a slave is a bad decision, but what else would have been done to avoid a potential suicide? Those people need to be under constant watch and care, something that may not happen even in her own home if the family's busy with other matters. She'll pull something the moment they have their back turned long enough.

At least with this, her ability to kill herself has been taken away. The problem's still there, it's just been locked up tight, at least until Toru gets her mind back into a stable condition. At any rate, at least we know brainwashing really was involved, meaning the other girls in his old party are suspected under the same conditions. I don't know if he'll actively go around searching for them after this, but he knows now that the recent actions toward him up to his banishment from the party were out of seriously ill intentions.
As far as Isekai MC slave stuff goes, at least this one has an okay justification. Most of the time other Isekai stories are just aping each other with the whole slave-harem shtick that it has gotten old.

Dex-chan lover
There's a lot of brain-dead people in the comments. If you don't like it, here's a neat thing. DON'T READ IT. I'm sick and tired of y'all bitchin and complaining. My God, this is why I hate Mangadex comments.
Are you the type that don't like hearing ANY criticism on any work? Did you come from twitter?
Its fine to enjoy things AND criticize it.
To me, these types of stories are a guilty-pleasure for me. Same cliches as other fantasy/isekai/mmo-esque stories, but I still enjoy it because power-fantasy is fun to read.

Dex-chan lover
The person who brainwashed her was unforgivable, but you're not much better yourself, MC you slave driver :/
At least he has some justification compared to other stories. But then again, its a power-fantasy harem. It is what it is. Guilty-pleasure to read.

Users who are viewing this thread