Kenja no Deshi wo Nanoru Kenja

To compound on what MangaDoll said, the main character is more or less Momonga/Ainz from Overlord (in terms of overpoweredness) in a more slice of life or casual environment & circumstances (such as the genderswap, less character death, more trivial villains & arcs). The MC here is arguably less broken than Ainz is though, as there are other player characters in this world and there have been advancements in the thirty years' absence. Nazarick, on the other hand, is a virtually undefeatable army. A few of the generals alone could defeat any army that the rest of the world has to offer, not to mention the legions of minions it houses. They play it out very cautiously and pursue other goals rather than decimating the world in the pursuit of control, but there's basically no force in the world of Overlord that can take on more than one general (aside from other entities from Nazarick).

Overlord has a more overpowered premise, main character, and heavily nerfed world by comparison. It also has heaps of the now memed SASUGA AINZ SAMA. However, the more serious tone it takes in the investment in the lives and stories of side characters unaffiliated with Nazarick (and their actual struggles vs Nazarick's "omg how hard do I win, really hard or harder?") is part what makes it more compelling, I think. This manga has a bit more difficulty building tension and hasn't really presented any conflicts with forces able to match the main character (though it's shown a few who can or are stronger, namely being her friends + decades experience). Maybe once she leaves the country she'll find some worthy opponents.

Is this a bug with Mangadex where the volume record is where the chapter number is entered? Because it keeps doing that whenever a manga has volume number listed initially then later updates only list chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It's so hard to read Whimsubs' translations. Just as I was starting to get immersed into the story, a grammar error or typo comes in a way and throws a wrench into my attention span so much that it's forcing me to put this on hold. Their typesetting is also unbearable for me.

If someone with better scanlating talents redos all of their chapters, please tag me.

love the story, a lot of slice of life, plenty of other stories grim dark of that's your thing, this is nice and refreshing. if the genderbent thing is upsetting, why are you still reading :)

All hail to the NOPE train when you see genderswap cause it's weird as hell. 🤣

The manga follow the light novel or the web novel ?

Edit : after reading the first 30 chapter of the web novel, it seem it follow the light novel (the light novel has a better writing and have more story), but it seem the manga skip/merge some part sometime

Wn, Ln, manga, maybe we'll get a anime version someday ^^

But they need to follow the ln, not the manga
7 first chapter of the manga -> first book of the ln (21 chapter...)
the manga skip too much thing...

Dex-chan lover
Someone tag me if a group decides to redo about the first 30 chapters. The machine translation is borderline impossible to read, I couldn't enjoy this manga because of the horrible grammar and typos. Their text placement is sufferable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread