Kimi Shi ni Tamafu Koto Nakare

Dex-chan lover
Author: Yoko Taro.
Wait, the same Yoko Taro that wrote nier:Automata?!

There's a theory that this connects with Pre-nier after the Drakengard E ending, at the start of
Red Eye
showing up~

Dex-chan lover
I liked the setup and story telling, but the world building was just too meh. Then the "bad guys" showing up were just too over the top.

I feel like this would be much better if it tried harder to set a baseline before going FULL SUFFERING. if you start off with everything being terrible and everyone being pointlessly evil, it's pretty hard to care about the world and characters or take it seriously. think the difference between PMMM and MS Site. the random exposition dumps don't really help either.

Would it be possible for someone to still pick this up? I mean, sure Yen Press announced that they have licensed it but it has been two years and still no word of it.

@jetabyss13

The only translator bailed the moment this was licensed, and from what I can see is too busy advertising Nier stuff on her blog or whatever (plus IRL stuff).

And yes I too would love for a good group to pick this up, you don't get Yoko Taro and Daisuke Moriyama to work together every day (and this manga taught me that Moriyama is really good at drawing twisted shit, though I got a glimpse of that while reading World Embryo and Chrono Crusade).

Aggregator gang
Damn this manga is so dark, I can barely read it..
It feels like every character is an extra character that will die at any moment...

Dex-chan lover
It's got yoko taro story structure. Don't expect it to make sense if you think too hard.
Don't expect explanation in an order you are used to.
Be ready to have flashbacks that explain something you didn't question, and not explain what you were curious about.
There is an ending already written.
We don't know what it is.

Dex-chan lover
I've read this manga many, many years ago. I don't remember much other than hot bois. Glad to see it back lmao. I'll enjoy the chaos. I didn't realize it was Yoko Taro before, though. Interesting.

Edit: In regards whether this is related to Yoko Taro's other works, it seems to be so. The scanlator-translator is a hardcore fan of their works and you can see many things in their web/blog like http://nier2.com/kimishini-faq/ interesting to read.

Dex-chan lover
This is the edgiest manga to ever exist
Reading it actually physically hurts
Like you cant tell me that the author is taking this serious
This shit HAS to be a parody

Dex-chan lover
@Kampfarsch
have you never seen anything by yoko taro??

Is a game he directed, there's a psychopath, his sister whose body is a seal to world destruction who desperately wants to fuck him, a giant dragon bonded to the psychopath, a blind pedophile, a woman who ate her kids, and an immortal little boy who is bound to a walking mountain and whose sister is trying to destroy the world

and those are the good guys

Users who are viewing this thread