Kingdom - Ch. 757 - The Capital of the Three Jins

Dex-chan lover
Is Kan Pishi that much of a pain for the staff? I think you soldiered through nicely for now. If anything I think He would be a "courtly plant" like Shoubukun: active every 5-6 chapters, if that.

The princess, though... Hmmm...

Dex-chan lover
Is Kan Pishi that much of a pain for the staff? I think you soldiered through nicely for now. If anything I think He would be a "courtly plant" like Shoubukun: active every 5-6 chapters, if that.

The princess, though... Hmmm...

Kan Pishi = Han Feizi. He was the greatest legalist after Lord Shang Yang himself, and is counted at the very top tier of Chinese philosophers sometimes at the same level as later Confucianists like Mengzi. His ultimate fate in Qin would be tragic, but his late-stage Legalist principles would form the philosophical and ideological basis for the Han Dynasty's practical governance. He's the historical Kong Ming's favorite philosopher.

Dex-chan lover
This might be a spoiler for next chapter, but If you are interested Kan Pishi's stand on human nature is that
human is neither born good or evil, we are rather a very maleable species and it is the context what defines how we behave, in other words, as a man of law himself he believed that the "system" exists to control the way we change, laws have to be flexible and clear at the same time.

Dex-chan lover
This might be a spoiler for next chapter, but If you are interested Kan Pishi's stand on human nature is that
human is neither born good or evil, we are rather a very maleable species and it is the context what defines how we behave, in other words, as a man of law himself he believed that the "system" exists to control the way we change, laws have to be flexible and clear at the same time.
nothing is true, everything is permitted

Dex-chan lover
Well, just like most philosophical questions the answer is: “It depends.”

Dex-chan lover
Quite the opposite to his idea:
in no situation a human is ever born good or evil.
To my understanding (and the way I use it at least), “it depends” leads to an explanation on context and reasoning, which invalidates any binary nature of the question.

And so, a question that ask “A” or “B” can be answered by “C”, where “C” could be pretty much anything (or nothing) by leading with a line like “it depends”.

Hence the more we know about something the more likely we answer with something like “it depends” because very rarely anything in life is absolutely binary. Also no philosophical question is truly binary.
Or... if you’re something like a politician the more likely you want to be vague and noncommittal.

Dex-chan lover
To my understanding (and the way I use it at least), “it depends” leads to an explanation on context and reasoning, which invalidates any binary nature of the question.

And so, a question that ask “A” or “B” can be answered by “C”, where “C” could be pretty much anything (or nothing) by leading with a line like “it depends”.

Hence the more we know about something the more likely we answer with something like “it depends” because very rarely anything in life is absolutely binary.
Or... if you’re something like a politician the more likely you want to be vague and noncommittal.
I understand that, but by saying "it depends" keeps open the possibility that in some cases A and B are still an option. This character doesn't leave that possibility open.

Dex-chan lover
I understand that, but by saying "it depends" keeps open the possibility that in some cases A and B are still an option. This character doesn't leave that possibility open.
Ah I see, the answer can leave such connotations. Perhaps there is a better phrase instead of “it depends”. Hmmm....

Well my point (which I believe you understand) is that the answer to most philosophical questions can be.... quite varied, those that ask it in a binary manner typically uses it to suck in others to a discussion.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation,
Im curious to hear Shins response, since hes seen the shittiest of the world but tries to do his best. By killing his enemies

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, the "boss in disguise" trope! Somehow, it's the first time I've seen this done in manga.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, Shin really is the "distraction" :dogkek:

I like that instead of hearing an answer from the clever Tou, Shin is Kan Pishi targets Shin for questioning, as he might be a future Great General and is already close to the King of Qin.

Users who are viewing this thread