Knights of Sidonia - Vol. 15 Ch. 78 - The End of the War Against the Gauna

Dex-chan lover
liked this ending. Had it's troubles especially with asspull revival of Tsugumi and felt a little bit rushed, but whateves, seen worse. And so i was half right about my prediction with Izana changing gender ?Overall i would name this ending: Sucks to be Izanafag i guess ?

Kinda weird ending to me. And indeed rushed... We never found out what the Gauna were and what they were there for... What of the theory about them trying to communicate with humanity but failing because of the "cultural differences" of the two kinds? what was that replication of humans that the Gauna performed....? What was the point of that? Couldn't they just copy the humans' strategies without it...? I feel like the story had more potential....

Group Leader
To be honest, I kind of like the ending leaving the matter of Gauna origins unanswered. The mystery is kind of part of what makes the Gauna interesting, I feel like.
That said, I think it would've indeed been interesting to see the matter of Gauna communication explored a little further.
Though I kind of doubt the Gauna have been completely exterminated from the universe. So that might not be completely off the table yet.

Also, Tsugumi's revival actually made sense to me. Or more like, I sorta predicted it. All the necessary pieces were already introduced to the story.
I rather would've been pissed had Shizuka's pseudo-clone been forgotten about.
No, the real asspull was the accidental terraforming of Lem-VII. Though it's not really a biggie in my book.
The only thing for me is that I think it would've been really interesting to see their life together unfold with her retaining her chimera form.

And the one changing(?) genders was Yuhata, wasn't it?

Lastly, the line about the Nodoka/Izana promise kind of smells of sequel baiting.

Fed-Kun's army
pretty satisfying read , i was expecting a more heartless story but this ending is miles better in my opinion.

It ended on a good note, not sure how long the author would have dragged the whole conflict out. I wished Hoshijiro would come back, but at least Tsumugi is kind of like her, and ended up with her body and some of the memories.

And the terraformation of the planet might have been Hoshijiro's ego making it do so.

Dex-chan lover
A much sweeter ending that I could ever have imagined for something like Knights of Sidonia. And I like the fact that the Gauna have not been confirmed to be wiped out, it makes sense since the universe is so vast it would likely be impossible to wipe them out.

Dex-chan lover
I gave up on this manga, when they killed off Hoshijiro. Tsugumi was just... not a good replacement for her. Once I got bored, I skipped forward to the end to see if the author revives her at least for the ending, but no.

It's a pity. I did enjoy this manga up to that point, but now all I'm left with is just frustration. I think there could be a lesson there, something about not killing off the romance subplot, if your manga has nothing else going for it, but maybe it's just me.

This could have never really ended that good, as the climax was only made up on the spot. The second half of the story near the end was kinda shounen and I liked it. The best part of the series was definitely the characters, art, and anything besides the fighting plot. His ability to have characters talk amongst each other is very good. They were very human. Like the other comments a lot of this story was put together on the fly or to please the author and or readers, with decisions to kill or make characters happening regardless of what should actually happen.

Dex-chan lover
Ended very well, its definitely the signature ambiguity I expect out of Nihei lol. Still 110% think Izana shoulda won, kinda super weird she didnt honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread