Koibito wa Oni no Hime - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Aggregator gang
Huh? Tengu? Huh? I didn't understand, well That's okay I guess

Thanks for the chapter! As a non native speaker, the language is so confusing lmao. Don't get me wrong, every media with old english/different accent is confusing to me (LoTR, FF12, GTA SA, etc) but it is a great way to learn new vocabulary. Keep up the good work.

Dex-chan lover
@Msaid08 Tengu are bird-men, usually connected to forests and shrines that control the wind and, from other pieces of fiction, are very proficient with talismans and curses. And apparently got a super yandere girl that will make her appearance soon and ruin this series.

Dex-chan lover
So cursed by tengu? Huh... still not sure what make of it.

Double-page supporter
So a posessive Tengu cursed him, and she was trying to stop that (to make him lose the match)... Noice.

I like your credit pages TL, it has a nice charm to them ^_^

Dex-chan lover
So this is some kind of semi-harem, doesn't it? The Oni princess, the Tengu who put that curse and... Maybe the childhood friend? (Just saying for her reaction when she saw his "future wife") But lets see.

Dex-chan lover
>tfw no badass stronk Oni gf

@RigobertoParedes

My conspiracy is that:

The childhood friend is a red herring and the guy-friend is the one who has a crush on MC and so cursed him so he can't touch any women so he'll have to end up with a guy

Dex-chan lover
@Mnuchinboo

You say that but it's hard to refute that it wouldn't be an amazing plot twist.
Think about it: you have a perfect red herring in the childhood friend. Tengus are known for being primarily men. It would also explain why his friend immediately went out of his way to ruin his interaction with that girl from earlier so she would have a bad association with him. (Though, I will acknowledge the limit of this with his other childhood friend, but whatever.) He's the first character we see with MC in the new era so metacontextually, the author is trying to connect the relationship between these two as well as establish his curse within the same scene. It's very interesting.

Dex-chan lover
Holy crap the way they speak is confusing. Thanks for the chapter been waiting for this:)

Fed-Kun's army
Yo, I'm loving the archaic vocab. Really lends a flair to the dialogue. And the ecci stuff is surprisingly non-fanservicey for this type of series. I'm excited to see where this will go!

Contributor
And here I was wondering what the hell was with these vocabulary words from another time period.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter! I thought I was reading a tongue twister with their peculiar, uh, vocabulary

So a tengu cursed him. If it's a completely different character other than the ones already introduced, the question is why do something so roundabout. The tengu must be an awkward person

Users who are viewing this thread