Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 394 - Riverside Death Game

Dex-chan lover
I hope so, but I can't help but feel it will be about someone else but Komi and Tadano.

I just miss those moments. Combing the goal of making 100 friends and Kadano (or Tomi?) seems to a bit hard to combine at times.

We have long times of chapters on either Kadano OR on making friends.

Speaking of friends, she has currently 75 (74+Kawai) friends or even more rn.

Though their current class is not my favorite one out of the three we had. The current class isn't that close to Komi and Tadano compared to year one and two.

Sorry for the rant, it are just my little concerns or annoyances. I kinda am falling out of with the manga right now.
If it does turn out to be about someone else, I will be extremely disappointed, but you're right, can't really be sure about it.

It was clear from the start that since they will be focusing on her making friends as well, that at times, the story was going to step away from their relationship.

Honestly at some points I really hated that part of the manga. Especially when they forced friendships with completely horrible people, always with the haha everyone is quirky in this school excuse, she is fucking friends with a stalker who kidnapped and tried to kill her best friend/later boyfriend, like what the fuck. And it's not like it was after some kind of redemption, she would do it again in a heartbeat. Sometimes it feels like she really is going for quantity over quality.

I feel like the hundred friends thing is a bit much, because generally the story also being about making friends is nice, but 100? That's too many characters! Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible also focused on not only their relationship but also on him finally making friends and not feeling alone anymore, but since it's a normal amount of friends, it never lost the focus of their relationship for too long.

Maybe the manga should just have a few chapters of Kadano/Tomi before the focus shifts to new friends again, just to lure us back in, because it's quite obvious to see that people are slowly losing interest. And maybe instead of having entire arcs of only friendship stuff without any Kadano, just sprinkle Kadano into the friendship arcs.

Dex-chan lover
If it does turn out to be about someone else, I will be extremely disappointed, but you're right, can't really be sure about it.

It was clear from the start that since they will be focusing on her making friends as well, that at times, the story was going to step away from their relationship.
That is true,but like whenever the focus is on Komi making friends,Tadano-kun is oddly absent or visa versa. Of course it shows Komi-sans development that she can make friends alone,but does Tadano-kun need to be absent for that?
Honestly at some points I really hated that part of the manga. Especially when they forced friendships with completely horrible people, always with the haha everyone is quirky in this school excuse, she is fucking friends with a stalker who kidnapped and tried to kill her best friend/later boyfriend, like what the fuck. And it's not like it was after some kind of redemption, she would do it again in a heartbeat. Sometimes it feels like she really is going for quantity over quality.
Honestly, I kind of miss those days. Just because they had "Interesting" personalities. The current class is really not appealing at all and none are sticking with me.

Yamai,Onemine,Ase,Katou,Naruse,Rumiko,Katai...all stand out to me and are really fun (bar Yamai). But I can barley remember any of their current class or even their names.
I feel like the hundred friends thing is a bit much, because generally the story also being about making friends is nice, but 100? That's too many characters! Kubo Won't Let Me Be Invisible also focused on not only their relationship but also on him finally making friends and not feeling alone anymore, but since it's a normal amount of friends, it never lost the focus of their relationship for too long.
I guess the main difference between Komi and Kubo-san won't let me be invisible is that Shiraishi-kun grew before him and Kubo-san went into a relationship at the end of the story.
Komi-san and Tadano's is "growing" (is it still?), while the story hasn't reached the end yet.
Maybe the manga should just have a few chapters of Kadano/Tomi before the focus shifts to new friends again, just to lure us back in, because it's quite obvious to see that people are slowly losing interest. And maybe instead of having entire arcs of only friendship stuff without any Kadano, just sprinkle Kadano into the friendship arcs.
I guess many viewers were drawn in by the dynamic between Komi and Tadano. And manga will always lose viewers when a couple starts dating, especially in romantic manga. Many people are interesed in them "getting together" and not "the fluffy stuff afterwards."

Dex-chan lover
That is true,but like whenever the focus is on Komi making friends,Tadano-kun is oddly absent or visa versa. Of course it shows Komi-sans development that she can make friends alone,but does Tadano-kun need to be absent for that?
Exactly, especially now that we already know that she is capable of making friends on her own, Tadano doesn't have to be absent for these situations anymore. He just doesn't need to help, no reason to cut him out of those stories completely
Honestly, I kind of miss those days. Just because they had "Interesting" personalities. The current class is really not appealing at all and none are sticking with me.

Yamai,Onemine,Ase,Katou,Naruse,Rumiko,Katai...all stand out to me and are really fun (bar Yamai). But I can barley remember any of their current class or even their names.
Oh yeah, I agree that the characters themselves were more interesting, just don't see the reason why she needs to be friends with Yamai. I honestly have no idea who the characters in their class are right now, I don't think I can name a single one , not even what their weird quirks are. The ones that come to mind are either first or second year classmates
I guess the main difference between Komi and Kubo-san won't let me be invisible is that Shiraishi-kun grew before him and Kubo-san went into a relationship at the end of the story.
Komi-san and Tadano's is "growing" (is it still?), while the story hasn't reached the end yet.
But that's still a problem for the manga, they decided to continue after Tadano and Komi got together, many people expect cute couple stuff and development afterwards. Sure focusing on other characters for a bit after that milestone was reached is a very common thing to do but a bit more progress for them afterwards would be nice to see, I feel like I could count the actual uninterupted couple moments between Komi and Tadano on one hand.
I guess many viewers were drawn in by the dynamic between Komi and Tadano. And manga will always lose viewers when a couple starts dating, especially in romantic manga. Many people are interesed in them "getting together" and not "the fluffy stuff afterwards."
That's true, a lot of people are only in it until they finally get together, but I think for others it depends on how much the couples relationship still develops after that, and if it doesn't they stop reading

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, I agree that the characters themselves were more interesting, just don't see the reason why she needs to be friends with Yamai. I honestly have no idea who the characters in their class are right now, I don't think I can name a single one , not even what their weird quirks are. The ones that come to mind are either first or second year classmates.
Yamai is the equivalent of Mineta from MHA. And none of them get some type of punishment.
Though don't ask me why the current classmates are so forgetable. Usually, a few stand out,but not even that is the case.
But that's still a problem for the manga, they decided to continue after Tadano and Komi got together, many people expect cute couple stuff and development afterwards. Sure focusing on other characters for a bit after that milestone was reached is a very common thing to do but a bit more progress for them afterwards would be nice to see, I feel like I could count the actual uninterupted couple moments between Komi and Tadano on one hand.
I also feel like Tadano's and Komi-san's development as a couple stagnated. Like all the fluff is okay,but like focus on Tadano's goal in the future ( to maybe become a teacher) and how Komi supports him in that goal. I always feel it is Tadano who supports Komi and not visa versa.
That's true, a lot of people are only in it until they finally get together, but I think for others it depends on how much the couples relationship still develops after that, and if it doesn't they stop reading
Tbh, their relationship progress is close to zero right now. Remember the smooch tease?!? When is that happening lol?

Dex-chan lover
Yamai is the equivalent of Mineta from MHA. And none of them get some type of punishment.
Though don't ask me why the current classmates are so forgetable. Usually, a few stand out,but not even that is the case.
Honestly, I like Mineta and how his character is handled more than her and her situation, he is just a creep and does get called out for it, she is a criminal who tried to murder one of her classmates, she get's "called out on her behavior" once and the treatment she gets afterwards is haha funny stalker character. This is a high school rom com, even if the school is filled with quirky people, a crazy stalker that tries to kill people is still out of place.
I also feel like Tadano's and Komi-san's development as a couple stagnated. Like all the fluff is okay,but like focus on Tadano's goal in the future ( to maybe become a teacher) and how Komi supports him in that goal. I always feel it is Tadano who supports Komi and not visa versa.
Yeah, something like that would be nice for a change
Tbh, their relationship progress is close to zero right now. Remember the smooch tease?!? When is that happening lol?
The mangaka really did that just to tease us, who knows maybe it's happening soon, we are long overdue for fluff like that

Dex-chan lover
Probably because there are too many characters to follow already, so they end up feeling like filler
A possibility. I think it is more because half of the current student don't stand out in personality or don't have that big of an impact on Komi and Tadano like the rest did

Users who are viewing this thread