Konjiki no Word Master - Yuusha Yonin ni Makikomareta Unique Cheat - Ch. 104 - Spirit Forest (5)

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!
Damn, Mangasushi is doing some great work with a lot of releases for the titles they are working on. Thanks again!

Looks like Hiiro will get to try a new form of power and it really is nice his weapon will evolve (sorta) into an Intelligent Weapon by letting it be a medium for a spirit. If it was pole-staff like what Sun Wukong/Son Gokuu (Journey To The West) uses, then a monkey spirit would have been a perfect fit.

Dex-chan lover
TBH, never liked Hiiro's overly tsundere attitude, where he thinks that he's super cool with the cold aura and gestures, but in reality, he looks absolutely silly and out of place.

Like, dude, you're a guy, but you're attitude is even more bitchy and annoying compared to Lilyn...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there are so many better options. Like they mentioned exploring the spirit realm. Why not have Hiiro actually explore some sh*t and meet someone he resonates with? Or what about Hime/Fairy Queen? He could use some non-lolis in his harem.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but from what I can remember of the LN
the monkey doesn't get any less annoying and just makes Hiiro irriatable more often, although I think the sword gets a pretty decent power-up
Is that even a spoiler? Cuz I don't think anyone expects any different. 😬

Dex-chan lover
TBH, never liked Hiiro's overly tsundere attitude, where he thinks that he's super cool with the cold aura and gestures, but in reality, he looks absolutely silly and out of place.

Like, dude, you're a guy, but you're attitude is even more bitchy and annoying compared to Lilyn...
This was definitely my biggest gripe with this manga, you can just feel the pretentiousness oozing out of him. Everyone in this manga that isn't a moustache-twirling villain is way more likeable than Hiiro is. Even the annoying ones like the monkey spirit.

It's one thing if a side/background character is like this, but when it's your protagonist to which the story revolves around...

EDIT: I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I might actually prefer a "generic isekai MC #623" over the current one. I really do appreciate that the author gave Hiiro a more distinct personality than your standard isekai protagonists, but it's not fun to watch this guy "Hmph! 'adjusts glasses' What a bother..." all over everyone and their dog. Staying for the cool word magic tho

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This was definitely my biggest gripe with this manga, you can just feel the pretentiousness oozing out of him. Everyone in this manga that isn't a moustache-twirling villain is way more likeable than Hiiro is. Even the annoying ones like the monkey spirit.

It's one thing if a side/background character is like this, but when it's your protagonist to which the story revolves around...

EDIT: I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I might actually prefer a "generic isekai MC #623" over the current one. I really do appreciate that the author gave Hiiro a more distinct personality than your standard isekai protagonists, but it's not fun to watch this guy "Hmph! 'adjusts glasses' What a bother..." all over everyone and their dog. Staying for the cool word magic tho
I'd say preferring a copy paste mind numbing isekai protagonist who cant handle the slightest showing of skin and other tropes I find annoying is a bit too far

Dex-chan lover
Wait, why does he have to fight the demon lord someday? I thought the whole idea at the start of the manga was that he wasn't a hero and that he was avoiding the plot entirely. Did they throw that one twist out and now it's just a generic isekai?

Users who are viewing this thread