Kono ato Mechakucha Rabukome Shita - Ch. 5

Fed-Kun's army
Me: Ah YES this Manga, I bookmarked it sometime ago and have no idea what it was about, imma start from chapter 1 again.

Also Me most often an hour/ how ever long it takes to catchup/realise: *Slam had repeatedly into brickwall

Dex-chan lover
Aight, ladies and gentlemen It may be presumptuous of me, but dare I say that smile alone is enough for the super cool and mysterious lady to be called best girl.

And this is just my two cents, but this kind of translation really does fit the off the walls comedy here so I'm siding with the translator here. Reminds me of the time where anyone would scream NORWAY anytime in shomin sample.

If people want the original meanings they can read the original work instead of someone's translation of it. I don't know japanese well enough to do that so I appreciate the effort the translator puts in to keep the spirit of it. Thank you.

Double-page supporter
Completely agree with translator here. I also do translation work (korean to english for manhwas), and whenever a joke doesn't work in english, i never translate literally and explain the joke, but rather change the joke so that it has a different meaning, but still has the same feeling to it.

Fed-Kun's army
I swear to God chiffon best girl and no one can argue with me even if she kills someone in the future of the manga

Fed-Kun's army
The translator is good enough as it is, go translate this yourself if you got a complain

ivv

Dex-chan lover
this girl is such a keeper.
just a clumsy one. :D

For fucks sake make him end up with chiffon! He literally do anything to make it mutual even if its dumb, I get the premise of the dense but For fucks sake even its a harem make them end up together

chiffon no 1

hope no more heroines are introduced, but we all know thats not possible

Dex-chan lover
I guess we're at it again with readers not understanding why the fan TL did so...

I used to do TL too and haven't encountered much jokes that becomes non-sense when TLed to English. Well pun type of jokes were mind-boggling tbh.

I'm with the TL. There are so many things that always get lost in translation that's why any TLer does try to make things feel as close as the author wanted with liberties.

e.g. Shadow-sama's manga. Would you rather read the TL done by Biamam where the liberty of change in dialogue structure fit so much of what you're seeing per panel, or read it with what's originally written, directly translated and can't even feel with what's been trying to be conveyed in each panel?

Users who are viewing this thread