Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 5 Ch. 30 - Blood and tears

Fed-Kun's army
I can't wait for his tragic backstory of raising a loving familiar just to get them taken away by someone/losing them/them protecting him and swearing to never let emotions cloud his actions anymore just to not relive the moment he got traumatized by as a kid/teenager/young adventurer/loving and caring person. Calling the trope RIGHT NOW.

Dex-chan lover
@GerryCerryBerry I really hope your wrong, it would just piss me off more that he even exists. I hate bad guys with "tragic" backstories, it doesn't change the fact that most of them are still massive assholes about it. I don't remember a single one that a sad backstory that changed my mind about them after hearing they had a sad life.

Dex-chan lover
this guy is already getting on my nerves...you know it's a good author when you start wishing that villain was dead yesterday

Dex-chan lover
But I love how the MC realized, that he was the same as him. That shows growth.

Also, no redemption for that murderous bastard.

Dex-chan lover
The emotions every being that has a soul in this world has emotions and that is the biggest weapon or the biggest flaw of it.... but you still ised them as fodder there... so... you can be the fodder for the plot then...

Dex-chan lover
tbh, I'm glad his familiars died. Grain doesn't deserve to be served by those two great hotties

Welp dropping this here. Super dumb evil guy that shouldn't exist. The MC sets up a distraction and then just watches and does nothing. All the female characters are weak sluts. Terrible writing.

Dex-chan lover
@Drinkfist Dropping it as well.

The author has made it abundantly clear he has no intention of Zeff using his past knowledge intelligently (basically negating the entire point of a reincarnation/time slip story). Every encounter has to be some near-death thing and the characters must never learn from their experiences. It's all about just getting emotional. Zeff spurns his harem (like 95% of the shitty Japanese protagonists these days), so the benefit of that is withheld from the story mostly. The worldbuilding is pretty shitty, basically nothing has been explained and things only come up when they're immediately relevant. He's easily going to catch up to his past life's magic levels within a few years tops, making leveling seem effortlessly easy. His time magic hasn't gotten even the barest explanation despite being the driving force behind the premise of the story...

Oh, and the comparison between this guy and his past self is obvious horse shit. Being detached from other people is not the same as being a psychopath who murders people. Duh. -_-

the idiot that killed his familiars deserves a kick in the that lets him tase the sole of the shoe
and concerning zeff equating him with his old efficiency oriented zelf
yes as if summoning and training familiars doesn't cost a ton of ressources and time... if healing her would have been cheaper than training a new one you keep the old one thats a basic tenant of efficiency
similary the one that got eaten it would have cost him no effort to interrupt the process and save her but he chose not to and now he has to train two new ones

thats the picture of inefficiency...

Dex-chan lover
Parted with his past life, allegedly, but he keeps acting like he honestly believes he is an old man.

Users who are viewing this thread