Koushaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta node, Mental Otome na Ore wa, Zenryoku de Onnanoko wo Tanoshimimasu - Ch. 12.2 - Despairing of my hobbies, I …

Dex-chan lover
MangaDex when yaoi is created: :bleh:

MangaDex when yuri is created: :meguupog:

Why is there such a big disconnect?
I've always been curious, but even though not all gay men do butt stuff, I think it's honestly just that as the main difference. Plus men are often seen as not "pretty" so two guys doing the do is not "beautiful" but kinda brutish in a lot of people's eyes. It's why "traps" and "twinks" are seen as more acceptable than Yaoi design guys which look like actual obvious men, and not just characters drawn as girls that are then called men. But I think it mostly just comes down to a lot of people's aversion to the whole insertion thing, and butt stuff in general.

Contributor
I've always been curious, but even though not all gay men do butt stuff, I think it's honestly just that as the main difference. Plus men are often seen as not "pretty" so two guys doing the do is not "beautiful" but kinda brutish in a lot of people's eyes. It's why "traps" and "twinks" are seen as more acceptable than Yaoi design guys which look like actual obvious men, and not just characters drawn as girls that are then called men. But I think it mostly just comes down to a lot of people's aversion to the whole insertion thing, and butt stuff in general.
Toxic masculinity strikes again smfh

And honestly, yaoi guys still feel a bit different from regular men. There’s a reason why yaoi is usually most read by women, and actual gay men read bara

Dex-chan lover
MangaDex when yaoi is created: :bleh:

MangaDex when yuri is created: :meguupog:

Why is there such a big disconnect.
Painting with broad strokes here:

Male readership typically like girls, so Yuri gives a 2 for 1 special.

Yaoi has nothing for them, they have no interest in watching 2 dudes kiss or hug or whatever.

Female readership can be similar in reverse, but may have less readers(on a series like this?).

It's also more common for women to be more affectionate and touchy(in ways that can overlap with romance, ie handholding) with others including each other than it is for men in most cultures.(which makes Yuri behavior less unusual compared to yaoi, with less response)

The same dynamic is at play with loli and shoutas(typically favored more predominately by opposite gender). Or movie stars people find hot and go see movies for.

Dex-chan lover
Miranda brought both fumos and BL into this world in one chapter.

Not into BL myself, but that's still hella based of her.

Double-page supporter
Bro what are you doing?! Isnt he just a normal guy before reincarnating? Why is she(he) bringing yaoi into this world like she was interested and knows a lot about in in her previous incarnation? Its kinda weird tbh, hope the author atleast explains it somehow in future chapters

Dex-chan lover
Toxic masculinity strikes again smfh

And honestly, yaoi guys still feel a bit different from regular men. There’s a reason why yaoi is usually most read by women, and actual gay men read bara
It's the long yaoi hands.

Dex-chan lover
Bro what are you doing?! Isnt he just a normal guy before reincarnating? Why is she(he) bringing yaoi into this world like she was interested and knows a lot about in in her previous incarnation? Its kinda weird tbh, hope the author atleast explains it somehow in future chapters
Probably for shit and giggles.
"Oh you like anime? Must be fujoshi", pretty much every guy otaku ever.
Unfortunately he is too advanced for this civilization.
Though he is pushing it to the younger girls might be the beginning of a war. Previously people only pair characters out of respect, probably like Goku and Vegeta, they're cool but definitely not seen as gay.

Dex-chan lover
can't wait to see them as real merch lol. Tho i'm surprised she wouldn't have a maid/tailor on hand to also help even if she's able to do basic sewing/has a tailor's shop to visit for bigger stuff

Users who are viewing this thread