Koushaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta node, Mental Otome na Ore wa, Zenryoku de Onnanoko wo Tanoshimimasu - Ch. 13.2 - The tea party with the princ…

Dex-chan lover
So a king sent a duke's daughter a gecko plushy while she was bedridden at the time? Under normal circumstances, you probably wouldn't think much of it, but you can't help but ponder the political implications of royalty sending such a gift to a noble's daughter. Like what the heck does that even symbolize?

Dex-chan lover
piss off prince! the more time we spend on you the less she can make yaoi manga, plushies and gothic lolita dresses!

Dex-chan lover
Miranda: "Well it makes sense I like cute stuff, I always was a maiden inside"

Also Miranda: "Well it makes sense he's comfortable talking to me, I'm an old man inside"

BRO MAKE UP YOUR MIND I didn't spend pages stanning your feminine existence for no reason did I???

(in all seriousness Miranda is super cute and her geek nature reminds me of plenty of girls I've known over the years)
What you like has nothing to do with what gender you are inside (it does have some to do with the one outside though, as societal norms do affect the things you like through peer-pressure. Even if none is actually applied, the sheer fact that something is non-conforming might give enough of a slight feeling of uncomfortableness, that it outweighs the initial feelings of fun that would otherwise have hooked you into the hobby/topic. But all that is beside the point), so him [gender-neutral version for easier writing] liking cute stuff is just him being himself.

While someone enjoying talking to you would normally be the same, considering they are japanese it isn't really (their language changes bigtime along with the perceived gender of the speaker, so if he thinks he's an old man inside then his speaking patterns will be different from if he thought himself a young boy (boku) or other. Although must admit I thought he had trained away those speaking patterns because of his tutors - in which case the only thing that applies is the "old" part, suggesting he acts more maturely.
Which makes sense for the prince to prefer, considering the spoilers everyone has been giving throughout the last 20 chapters.

In short, feel free to continue stanning it. Behaviour and sexual orientation is different from perceived gender, and I would absolutely believe that a genderbending reincarnation would leave you considering yourself as both genders (even if you already considered yourself the new gender before bending, you will still have the old one ingrained in some ways).
It is the same reason why the sexual orientation remains the same after reincarnation, and why many likes will remain the same (but lack of entertainment and different capabilities of the body might likewise change some of them - such as martial arts) - there is persistence in state (aka the mind/personality). (though some argue that sexual orientation is solely a function of dna and the subsequent brain, meaning it's not one of the culture and stuff (including dna/nature) and the new body decides that. Basically, "a simple function of nature, not a super complex function of nature and nurture", and reincarnation changes the result)

Dex-chan lover
In short, feel free to continue stanning it. Behaviour and sexual orientation is different from perceived gender, and I would absolutely believe that a genderbending reincarnation would leave you considering yourself as both genders (even if you already considered yourself the new gender before bending, you will still have the old one ingrained in some ways).
It is the same reason why the sexual orientation remains the same after reincarnation, and why many likes will remain the same (but lack of entertainment and different capabilities of the body might likewise change some of them - such as martial arts) - there is persistence in state (aka the mind/personality). (though some argue that sexual orientation is solely a function of dna and the subsequent brain, meaning it's not one of the culture and stuff (including dna/nature) and the new body decides that. Basically, "a simple function of nature, not a super complex function of nature and nurture", and reincarnation changes the result)
Don't worry, I was mostly putting on a comedy routine there. I still 100% stan Miranda as a mental otome, it's just amusing how she said one thing from the jump and she occasionally says she's an old man instead. Like you say, I think a lot of gender bender characters kind of defy a binary expression in that way. It's why they're so much fun. (and why I think both he/him and she/her pronouns work for, say, Mahiro Oyama depending how the viewer sees her)

Dex-chan lover
Miranda: "Well it makes sense I like cute stuff, I always was a maiden inside"

Also Miranda: "Well it makes sense he's comfortable talking to me, I'm an old man inside"

BRO MAKE UP YOUR MIND I didn't spend pages stanning your feminine existence for no reason did I???

(in all seriousness Miranda is super cute and her geek nature reminds me of plenty of girls I've known over the years)
You can be a guy and like plushies, you can be a guy and like girly stuff, you can be a guy and wear dresses.
So it makes sense for him to like girly stuff but still affirm that he is a dude inside.

Dex-chan lover
No, they just die of illness or something, but neither actually killing each other
Phew, cool
Was kinda worried I was in for a tone shift.
You read as many isekai as I do and double reincarnation turns into an ominous concept lol

If Miranda is the only girl who, in the prince's company, actually talks about something even remotely interesting and is not only trying to win him over by acting like a pure sycophant, it's quite natural the prince would prefer her company. Miranda ought to understand that, but I reckon she can't help it.
if im Miranda, i would enjoy the prince's company too, because it would make sense to me since he's the one who would listen to my (Miranda) eccentric rambling. i wonder why the author didn't pick that route, and making Miranda dislike the prince instead. woman or man doesn't matter, a good company is a good company.

Users who are viewing this thread