Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Ch. 69 - Breech Birth

Dex-chan lover
Quite immature of the maid to think about the status of the doctor first, instead of her consort's health. If he is the most skilled man to do the job, that should be a good enough reason to bring him.

Quick edit since people seem to misunderstand what I'm saying: this isn't a babysitter job, they are looking for a doctor that would do an operation. If the only surgeon that could do a life-saving operation on me committed tax fraud, I'd 100% hire him. The maid doesn't even ask what kind of crime it is, which shows she puts her lady's health second to her reputation, which is wrong.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Quite immature of the maid to think about the status of the doctor first, instead of her consort's health. If he is the most skilled man to do the job, that should be a good enough reason to bring him.
Not status.
Reputation.
Because he is technically a criminal.

For example, would you hire a criminal(even if they already served their sentence) to be a babysitter?

Maybe after extensive background research (which consort gyoku just did), but certainly you won't just say "oh he's a criminal? No problem. He could be my toddler's babysitter" After you just found out.

Dex-chan lover
I was really confused for a few seconds because I read it as "froglicking" :worry:

3iGFnhu.png

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I like that she's just, "You're thinking of something. Tell me," rather than letting her think on her own.

On one hand, Mao Mao is being careful about not getting into trouble for doing things she should not be doing, but on the other hand, Gyokuyou is one of the most chill consorts, especially as far as Mao Mao is concerned. She's one of those who trusts the little stray cat.

Suggest it to Jinshi... What she means is, "Let's get another person to agree with Mao Mao." He trusts her even more. Mostly thanks to personal experience.

Lol, no normal person could've raised Mao Mao. But to be fair, that comes from her real father.

Maybe after extensive background research (which consort gyoku just did), but certainly you won't just say "oh he's a criminal? No problem. He could be my toddler's babysitter" After you just found out.
While I agree with you, that's not quite comparable. The suggestion came from Mao Mao, and Gyokuyou trusts her well enough to know she wouldn't suggest something like that without a solid reason.

Users who are viewing this thread