Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
I... never thought his faceblindness also works that way.
Goddamnit, that made me tears up.

@Bighomer this is largely speculation on my part, but I think Maomao wants Feng Shen to be redeemed by Rakan. I don't know her reasoning behind it. It could be out of ethical/moral obligation that the two should be together, or she felt a but guilty for her nonchalance towards them, or wanted them out of her direct vicinity. Rakan should be redeeming someone due to the bet.

Reactions: le3
@Mivas It's been a while since I read the novel so I might have forgotten some things but if I'm not mistaken, Maomao's mother thought she was being dumped by Rakan. She sent him letters but they were hidden by Rakan's family, so Maomao's mother thought Rakan had ignored her letters and dumped her and Maomao. Maomao's mother gone mad and even tried to cut Maomao's finger to send to Rakan, or something like that. That's why granny hated Rakan and forbade him from coming because everyone thought he had dumped Maomao's mother after impregnating her.

@Bighomer Rakan was about to choose Meimei out of pity, when Meimei retorted that she doesn't want to be picked out of pity, and indirectly lead him to Fengshen. Granny was mad most likely because she wasn't able to get over her resentment towards Rakan due to knocking up Fengshen and not redeeming her. Meimeo expresses her grief over the fact that they met way too late.

Dex-chan lover
It's sad to think about half the tragedy engulfing these women could be solved by some friggin mold

Nep

Dex-chan lover
For those that kept saying Granny is ONLY money-faced in this whole fiasco. You can stop now. Pg 20 shows Rakan offering to throw gold for her and granny reacted NEGATIVELY.

Im not saying Granny made a good intelligent decision mind you. But it definitely wasn't because of cash.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 WHO'S CUTTING THE ONIONS HERE
my heart ached so much glad he still recognizes her

Double-page supporter
Aaagh!! This is seriously one of my most favorite manga's to read-- thank you so much for translating!!!

@Nep damnnn she died in WN? I don't remember that but that makes sense. Thank God they at least met in in the manga. 😔

@Egran
It's syphilis i think or some other std.
even if it could be cured, the damage to her body and mind would still remain.

maybe i did cry a little but just a little ok??? i was guessing that but with lullaby it became heavier scene to me, i tried to find that lullaby later on, thx for the note too.

@Midoriha oooh, I see. but I think Mei Mei is happy for her "big sister" though. even though she cried, I'd like to think she would do the same thing again for Fon Shen

Dex-chan lover
i recommend re-reading chapter 29.1 and 29.2 - syphilis right away : https://mangadex.org/chapter/739196/1

the manga artist already left some clues / hints about the real identity of the noseless woman in these 2 chapters :

- some xiangqi pieces are dropping from her hand .
- this hair-style is the one of the young fon shen in chapter 37 : https://mangadex.org/chapter/1127625/4

50809826028_9c5436ae91_h.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread