Let This Grieving Soul Retire - Woe Is the Weakling Who Leads the Strongest Party - Vol. 7 Ch. 33

Dex-chan lover
A good twist often recontextualizes the previous events and boy does this ever.
  • She shows up to support to hunters and has them test one by one the mana creatures weakness.
  • She immediately gets uninterested the second Akasha ignores her plans and send out all of them.
  • She wanted Cry to keep Liz away from the site and is surprised as everyone else when she shows up.
  • She "predicted" the location of the enemy base that the mages said should be impossible to find.
  • Kill Kill-kun just happens to be under maintenance.
  • She was surprised by the thunder attack and mocked the mage afterwards because Sophia ordered all the Maris Eaters to attack.
  • CH 30 pg 13 Sophia's reaction shot happens right after Sitry's.
  • She hijacked the golem after Liz arrived
  • Sven notices the golem is modeled after her group's paladin and his fighting style after she takes over.
  • It prioritizes attacking Liz, possibly trying to get the situation back to as planned. Or just because she holds a grudge.
  • Once she agrees it's over the machine immediately gets "defeated" by Cry.
  • Participating in this case just happens to restore her honor (though honestly as long as Cry likes her I doubt she cares all that much besides being more free to acquire experimental materials).
  • Her disguise happens to heavily match Talia, someone who she previously admired the red hair and eyes of.
  • She and Sophia are frequently late to things, except for the case of her specifically returning earlier than planned for the White Wolf Den expedition.
I was previously reading this just as a standard wish fulfillment but the author might have some serious chops.

Last edited:
In all versions I've seen of this moment, I always feel horrible for Talia. This is by far the worst. At least in the web novel she was unaware that she was being used, but here she's straight up seeing Sitry's true colours. All this after she declared she'd always stick by her no matter what and fully believing in her innocence.

Contributor
IIRC isn’t she the second-most sane person in Strange Grief?

But yeah MC is holding the most important role: emotional support and mascot. He’s like a more useless but equally important Ainz-sama lol

On the surface, but really she's 100% worse than her big sister, the other Yandere (clingy slasher). The MC is basically the only one containing/holding back an army of natural born serial killers and sociopaths. Like if SCP-999 (Tickle Monster) could order around SCP-682 and the others.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC isn’t she the second-most sane person in Strange Grief?

But yeah MC is holding the most important role: emotional support and mascot. He’s like a more useless but equally important Ainz-sama lol
nah rather sane one actually the paladin, elder brother of Sitry and Liz
the swordman has some screw loose in his head and Cry sister the "witch" well its his sister

Double-page supporter
A good twist often recontextualizes the previous events and boy does this ever.
  • She shows up to support to hunters and has them test one by one the mana creatures weakness.
  • She immediately gets uninterested the second Akasha ignores her plans and send out all of them.
  • She wanted Cry to keep Liz away from the site and is surprised as everyone else when she shows up.
  • She "predicted" the location of the enemy base that the mages said should be impossible to find.
  • Kill Kill-kun just happens to be under maintenance.
  • She was surprised by the thunder attack and mocked the mage afterwards because Sophia ordered all the Maris Eaters to attack.
  • CH 30 pg 13 Sophia's reaction shot happens right after Sitry's.
  • She hijacked the golem after Liz arrived
  • Sven notices the golem is modeled after her group's paladin and his fighting style after she takes over.
  • It prioritizes attacking Liz, possibly trying to get the situation back to as planned. Or just because she holds a grudge.
  • Once she agrees it's over the machine immediately gets "defeated" by Cry.
  • Participating in this case just happens to restore her honor (though honestly as long as Cry likes her I doubt she cares all that much besides being more free to acquire experimental materials).
  • Her disguise happens to heavily match Talia, someone who she previously admired the red hair and eyes of.
  • She and Sophia are frequently late to things, except for the case of her specifically returning earlier than planned for the White Wolf Den expedition.
I was previously reading this just as a standard wish fulfillment but the author might have some serious chops.
Great post, thanks for listing out those bits!

Dex-chan lover
I assumed Sitry was Sofia (or was feeding whomever was Sofia the necessary information), but I didn't think she legitimately joined the organization for kicks. She was literally playing chess with herself and using human lives on both sides to further her studies.

I thought she was somewhat normal compared to the other Strange Grief members we met. It's nice to know she's easily the most dangerous so far. I mean she's a downright sociopath and the type you could never tell.

So like at first I thought it was just comical everyone put Cry up on a pedestal when it's all a misunderstanding, but now I see it's a necessity. Like if his upper echelon guild members didn't see him as a God, they'd have destroyed the world by now. Apparently cult fanatics over exaggerating their leader is much less dangerous than godless heathens going unchecked with their ridiculous talents.
Cry is literally the innocent glue to the group, everyone else are downright deranged psychopaths. Even their Paladin who is supposed to be the "Voice of Reason" and the one putting everyone in check is no exception.

Sitry is too far gone as a moral character. She'll do inhumane things without second thoughts just 'cause she though it'll be a good experiment.

Woman is literally Lex Luthor and ready as hell to smegs with Cry as she has frightening large amount of places she calls her vacation/retirement spots just to marry Cry and have an everlasting smegs life :kek:

She's that goddamn insane and makes her Sister look like a Saint instead.

Dex-chan lover
the TL is certainly better, specially compare to... all of the chapters before it.

Dex-chan lover
Cry is literally the innocent glue to the group, everyone else are downright deranged psychopaths. Even their Paladin who is supposed to be the "Voice of Reason" and the one putting everyone in check is no exception.

Sitry is too far gone as a moral character. She'll do inhumane things without second thoughts just 'cause she though it'll be a good experiment.

Woman is literally Lex Luthor and ready as hell to smegs with Cry as she has frightening large amount of places she calls her vacation/retirement spots just to marry Cry and have an everlasting smegs life :kek:

She's that goddamn insane and makes her Sister look like a Saint instead.
Well that's concerning. So the entire country (if not whole world) is just one Cry death (*insert "far cry" clever pun here) away from being thrust into complete chaos if not total destruction.

Okay so I looked up smegs life, didn't find anything that made sense, but I got the sinking suspicion I shouldn't want to.

Dex-chan lover
Well that's concerning. So the entire country (if not whole world) is just one Cry death (*insert "far cry" clever pun here) away from being thrust into complete chaos if not total destruction.
Yeah. The country depends on Cry to have these group of monsters in a leash.

yeah... you'd rather not want to know what kind of married life she's imagining with Cry. :kek:

Dex-chan lover
I guess every member of Strange Grief admire Cry so hard that they push him to be their leader even though he is weak.

Or every Strange Grief had some sort of skewed stats like Liz has great speed, Siltry has intellect and Cry probably had luck stat over the charts given all his coincidences.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah. The country depends on Cry to have these group of monsters in a leash.

yeah... you'd rather not want to know what kind of married life she's imagining with Cry. :kek:
so the only reason that refrains her from doing that was because she's also into that "Cry knows everything" bs?
P/s: I can't fking put this shit on spoiler

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!

This sh*t Sitry pulled really is cool.
I can conclude that the Strange Grief members are all crazy and borderline schizophrenic :kek:
That golem was most likely the slime Sitry made, that is why it suddenly jumped away and crashed when it got close to Cry, as it was made to not bring any harm to Sitry and Cry in the first place and the mere fact that it knows and can do the movesets of the Strange Grief members (it can do the Paladin's stances and also predict Liz's moves) - or at least an automaton which is set to not even touch Cry for that matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread