List and Chapters not Showing in FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
After recent updates i noticed the manga lists and chapters are no longer showing in FMD downloads. It's a bit of an issue as FMD is not updated. Anyway to resolve this? Also did the new update disabled right click saving of individual pages as now instead of jpeg it only shows index.png.

Contributor
Not to be rude but this is not an issue with MD, even if a change in MD broke FMD. FMD is a third party application that would need to be updated/maintained by said third party.

That out of the way. I am not sure how FMD works, but there have been major backend changes over the last couple of weeks that could be the source of the problem for FMD. If it uses RSS feeds the links may need to be regenerated because of the recent breach.

Wasn't aware that asking for solutions or if any resolution that can assist was being rude. No intention of offense was ever implied, if so apologies.

Yes I am aware its a third party application and there has been recent changes lately. Am trying to understand these changes as I am not a tech savvy person, so i was asking if anyone can help explain the need for such changes. Thanks

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Kervinchong V1 API was deprecated three months ago, killed off yesterday, requests have to be sent to API.mangadex.org/v2 now. I have no idea if FMD has been updated to do that, so that's my best guess.

Thank you for the reply, it was working when the API v2 was up last week before the breach notice, only yesterday that the third party app couldn't load the chapter and list from Mangadex. Sadly FMD no longer updates since 2018 thus likely there will be no fix unless anyone can advise. About the time that the right click save for individual jpeg saves were zapped i guess.

@Kervinchong Perhaps try FMD 2? It was forked off of FMD and is still recieving updates. https://github.com/dazedcat19/FMD2

fakeedit: Appears to be suffering from the same issue actually, but at least it has the possibility of being fixed.

@metalax thanks for the advice. Will see how, been using the old version of FMD since forever and generally its on its last leg from all the changes over the years. Been attempting to use the fork version but can't get it to configure properly

@kervinchong: FMD2 is working well, and the fork is from the same dev as in FMD .

The change is very simple:
you need to choose which version of FMD you need to install e.g. 32 or 64
1. Create a backup of your old fmd folder for safety
2. download the converter and modules.txt from https://github.com/dazedcat19/FMD2/releases/tag/2.0.21.0
3. put both files in your old fmd and run the converter
4. Install FMD2 (don't use your existing fmd folder !)
5. copy the content of the converted folder into your new FMD2 folder
6. start the new fmd2 once, update the modules
7. if necessary adjust small things like e.g. mangadex password inside FMD2
8. have fun

If it doesn't work delete both folders, use the backup copy and try again
hope this helps and the 3d party haters are not so angry :)

@muto4013 Thank you for the tutorial! I really didn't know they had a new version aside from the old v0.9 one from the official site.

Just to ask is there any way to export the favourites from the old version to the new one? I tried the converted but noted the favourites are still empty so looks like i've to add back one by one. But it also looks like the lated fmd also hasn't addressed the V2 API issue yet, the chapters are all not showing in the version as well

oh, you still use the v0.9 ? sorry, but in such cases it's better to redo the fav's from scratch, the converter needs at least v1.3.x
History lesson: the original fmd (up to v0.9) was forked into new fmd1 (up to 1.3.3) because the old one had lost the dev, same happened with the new fmd1 (dev retired) and is now forked into fmd 2 😎

About the "not showing the chapters" have you update the module list? ( tabs: option ->websites -> modules , punch the check updates)
Also go to tab manga info, top middle you see a icon looking like several books, push there, and update lists (preferable all at once).

edit: Ok, but it's better if we continue the "support" per PM, some people could be offended by "3rd party tools support" 😃

upps, i forgot something: FMD doesn't support 2FA at the moment, so if you want to use FMD don't enable 2FA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread