Long-Awaited Feelings - Ch. 55 - She Doesn't Mind It.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

xiu seems to have some convincing to do on the lingfeng front to be able to costar with youyuan then

:pepehmm: Me nooding like I understood all the names and everything on this chapter

I've reread a bunch of chapters to understand it. Sun Ting is a powerful man who was maybe the lover of a girl whom Jing Xiu (black hair) pissed off in the auditions. In order to take revenge, he paid the media to spread rumors of Jing Xiu being a bully and a diva. To counter these rumors, Ji Youyan (brown hair) did some scheming to prove that Jing Xiu is a nice person by exposing their supposed friendship. Sun Ting then attacked back by bringing back rumors of them being more than friends. He, then, proposed to drop it and apologize if Jing Xiu would agree to have dinner with him (obviously 2nd intentions).

About Gu Lingfen, he is the director of a movie that Jing Xiu stared in the past and was awarded by her performance. Back then, she asked Ji Youyan to co-star it with her, because it was a lesbian movie that could bring visibility to their cause and help them become public about their relationship. Ji Youyan refused back then, because she was scared of the repercussions. In this life, though, she wants to be Jing Xiu partner in this new movie Gu Lingfen is directing (also lesbian theme). He had already chosen the lead couple would be Jing Xiu and this woman named Ji Yumi. Because Ji Youyan came back from the future, she already new Ji Yumi was retiring and her spot would be available for her to get. So she invented an excuse to explain why she knew it beforehand. In this chapter Jing Xiu was checking if her story could be true and apparently believed in it since it was sth many people already knew about. Also, Jing Xiu seems to be testing Ji Youyan to see if she really meant it when she said she wanted to start anew with her by letting the rumors of them being a gay couple spread freely.

Dex-chan lover
I've reread a bunch of chapters to understand it. Sun Ting is a powerful man who was maybe the lover of a girl whom Jing Xiu (black hair) pissed off in the auditions. In order to take revenge, he paid the media to spread rumors of Jing Xiu being a bully and a diva. To counter these rumors, Ji Youyan (brown hair) did some scheming to prove that Jing Xiu is a nice person by exposing their supposed friendship. Sun Ting then attacked back by bringing back rumors of them being more than friends. He, then, proposed to drop it and apologize if Jing Xiu would agree to have dinner with him (obviously 2nd intentions).

About Gu Lingfen, he is the director of a movie that Jing Xiu stared in the past and was awarded by her performance. Back then, she asked Ji Youyan to co-star it with her, because it was a lesbian movie that could bring visibility to their cause and help them become public about their relationship. Ji Youyan refused back then, because she was scared of the repercussions. In this life, though, she wants to be Jing Xiu partner in this new movie Gu Lingfen is directing (also lesbian theme). He had already chosen the lead couple would be Jing Xiu and this woman named Ji Yumi. Because Ji Youyan came back from the future, she already new Ji Yumi was retiring and her spot would be available for her to get. So she invented an excuse to explain why she knew it beforehand. In this chapter Jing Xiu was checking if her story could be true and apparently believed in it since it was sth many people already knew about. Also, Jing Xiu seems to be testing Ji Youyan to see if she really meant it when she said she wanted to start anew with her by letting the rumors of them being a gay couple spread freely.
This is actually really helpful. I don’t know why I have so much trouble keeping track of Korean names…

Probably doesn’t help that a lot of this is conveyed by characters talking about other characters that are offscreen. I can’t even put a face to some of these names.

Group Leader

Your mind.

Thank you for the explanation the Jin/Jing easily confused me but I will keep refering to this comment as the plot advances as well 100/10 helpful :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread