Lots of lag when changing chapters for series with lots of chapters

Dex-chan lover
--when reading series with lots of chapters (ie; Daily Chaldea) after about chapter 100, it starts to lag when going to the next chapter.
--It gets to upwards of about 10 seconds on my machine (r7 5800x/2080+32GB RAM/firefox), and doesnt get any better, the further I go into the series.

I suspect that it has something to do with how mangadex preloads, but I'm not entirely sure.

It'd be really neat if there were some performance improvements that could be made here.

(machine specs included, in case it has any relevance to this issue, idk)

Last edited:
Group Leader
--when reading series with lots of chapters (ie; Daily Chaldea) after about chapter 100, it starts to lag when going to the next chapter.
--It gets to upwards of about 10 seconds on my machine (r7 5800x/2080+32GB RAM/firefox), and doesnt get any better, the further I go into the series.

I suspect that it has something to do with how mangadex preloads, but I'm not entirely sure.

It'd be really neat if there were some performance improvements that could be made here.
could probably fit better in the bug section of the forums rather than just saying "improve your system" and with a much more detailed report than just "it works slow on my machine on this manga"

Dex-chan lover
could probably fit better in the bug section of the forums rather than just saying "improve your system" and with a much more detailed report than just "it works slow on my machine on this manga"
honestly, I wasn't sure where to put this post, I flipped a coin, and it landed on tails (post in #suggestions, instead of heads for #bugs)
Should I re-post this over in #bugs instead? I'm not super familiar with the etiquette regarding this stuff. I'd appreciate a manual for this, before someone pulls a "RTFM" on me :p

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi, we are aware of the performance issues with the reader. We still don't know what's causing them, so we need a deeper investigation.

Dex-chan lover
I've got browser and OS logs, if you want to use them.
What would be a good email to send them to?

Users who are viewing this thread