Love Agency - Vol. 3 Ch. 26 - Ketogenic

Dex-chan lover
She's insufferable, judging Seki when he has done nothing wrong, the man is just trying to help a friend workout and she's somehow confused why he's also working out with him

"You're just trying to become popular huh?" Bitch who cares if that's why he's doing it?

Plus everything Kon has said about her is true, she really can't do shit without someone else's help, and has a few screws loose when it comes to love or even talking to the opposite sex

What solidified my hate for her is when she called him "scary" and basically abandoned him after he went out of his way to save her from a pair of creeps that were trying to prey on her in the broadcasting club
I get all of the examples, but none of those are things I find insufferable really. She's damaged, and she has a lot of annoying qualities about her, but it's not like she hasn't made any progress. She thought Seki was scary before, and now she comes up to talk to him.

I feel like y'all just decided to hate her and are ignoring that she is changing for the better, it's just a really slow process.

Dex-chan lover
She got it on one.

And that's when you get to unhealthy weight loss.

There are various ways if you want to lose weight at a single time, but if you want it to stock, changing your life around is the only option. You need something you can do every day. Bodybuilders do not go for something sustainable.

Also, this counts as being able to talk with guys. Not perfect, but most people aren't.

Are there ANY readers that still like Nanase at this point of the story?
Do you mean liking her as a person, or as a character?

Dex-chan lover
expecting his face to not really change, maybe he loses a bit of the belly, but it'll be the night and day difference once his top goes off. i'm sure aka will save that for a nice laugh later down the road though
it coincides too much with Kon's preference for muscular dudes doing workouts. I can totally see her being enarmored peeking into a random gym, staring at the most glorious muscles she's ever seen. Then the dude turns around and it'll be clearly Pon. Or a damn bishounen hunk, who she actually tries to talk up, then the dude proceeds to put on his shades and it will be the disappointment-of-the-century face for Kon.

Then he doubles down with a one-two saying he got the Keto diet idea from Nanase, which in turn would mean Kon gave him advice on how to turn into her preferred type of dude. First round knock-out right there, the uppercut to lay her on the mat was provided by Kon herself.

Dex-chan lover
Guys, ofcourse she is a walking talking red flag parade at this point but its pretty obvious that Aka making her as repulsive as possible on purpose. Her situtation at home is highly toxic and she is a victim of parental abuse. She needs help but not from a matchmaking agency thats for sure which in itself is already a pretty shady practice to begin with. Saki's obsession with her is due to his chronic saviour complex as well so that is his one major flaw. It will probably escalate when he learns the situtation at her home.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, the Keto cult inflitrated even manga.

Thankfully it's the chronically wrong character that says it so nobody will think it's a good idea, right? Right?

Keto wrecks your kidneys long term, and it's been created for epilepsy sufferers first and foremost.

it's just a way to restrict calories. Nothing more. Just eat high protein and cut your carbs like normal, lmao.

Dex-chan lover

Cause I sure as hell don't.
They make it hard, for certain. It's not even the character type itself, but more the dogged perseverance in maintaining it by letting the "downsides" shine so much. Objectively, the hope is that it's the setup for the big epiphany and shift through some major catalytic event, but I feel that the "sympathetic gap" might be growing too large to keep her a viable option as a "lovable heroine" (eventually). (Un)fortunately (depending on your perspective) it's not exactly an ensemble cast here, so the author's either going to have to redeem her, or its going to throw off the "flavor" of an ending... Or get it cancelled potentially (if the other three can't do the heavy lifting of keeping readers invested).

Dex-chan lover
pXqNr5V.png

Fed-Kun's army
Ha, the hate for Nanase in this comment section is pretty strong, even though relatively speaking this was a better chapter for her: she shows progress with talking to boys, doesn't outright reject Seki's presence, seems to actually spend time observing and thinking about him. Even while she's still prejudiced against him, she gets swayed by his response anyway, so there might be a bit of an inner-thought/outer-behaviour contrast building, kind of in a classic tsundere way.

I wonder if we've gotten to the point where she's gonna get hate just for showing up, regardless of what she does. I imagine the "You're doing this just to be popular" line still riled up people somewhat, but it's a relatively tame line for all that habbub.

Group Leader

Cause I sure as hell don't.
I find no issue with her. You guys are just unnecessarily hating on points that you'd be fine with on any other character at this point. Obviously she has her flaws, but that doesn't make her annoying.

I'm saying this as the translator, so I spent quite a bit of time with her lines and character, still not annoyed of her.

Double-page supporter
Keto is certainly not for everyone.
A good and steady weight loss plan is to cut sugar (way down) and walk 30 minutes a day.
Also, you want to stay in the ballpark of losing 1-2lbs a week and no more, rapid weightloss is not good for the body.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, the Keto cult inflitrated even manga.

Thankfully it's the chronically wrong character that says it so nobody will think it's a good idea, right? Right?

Keto wrecks your kidneys long term, and it's been created for epilepsy sufferers first and foremost.

it's just a way to restrict calories. Nothing more. Just eat high protein and cut your carbs like normal, lmao.
It's also bad for building muscle. It eats at your muscles long term, especially if you don't get an absurd amount of protein.

Users who are viewing this thread