Renai Daikou - Vol. 4 Ch. 39 - Love Agency

Dex-chan lover
This was certainly a manga. It had panels, drawings and characters, and the characters did things.
... and cut off because of 📅 schedules. Lesson learned for Aka and the reason why isekai manga persists to hundred 💯 chaps... yes I'm talking to U Konjiki no Word Master... it even had a re-boot 👢 👢 🥾

Dex-chan lover
Sucks that it was axed. It had an interesting prospect, but it is what it is I guess. Hopefully Aka Akasaka would focus more on friendships next cause Seki and Pon's chemistry is as good as Ishigami and Shirogane's

I'm disappointed in the axe. If it was still ongoing I would give it 8/10 but with how it ended it's 6/10 at best. Really sad...

Unfortunate axe. I am honestly not surprised by all the people disliking this, whenever a character is not instantly likeable this sort of thing happens, same was with Re:Zero's protag at first.
If I were to give my (non valuable) opinion on this, no, the pacing was not too slow like some say. Haven't actually seen anyone mentioning what I think would be the issue: planning ahead and structuring things properly.
The idea itself was really promising imo, could have easily been the next Kaguya. But alas, I feel like Aka had a lot of trouble deciding where to go with it at some points. It didn't really have a well structured story. And that's a shame cause, at least to me, it seems fairly easy to do:
Could have had it split on arcs/parts, with the first focusing MORE on the part where Seki and Mari were getting Kon and Pon's help, perhaps with a twist at the end that Mari was being fake as well, not just Seki. Then a focus on Kon and Pon and PROPERLY introducing/keeping around more characters than just the main 4 (like the manga club and Seki's friends, maybe even some stuff for Mari like her classmates?). And finally all 4 hanging out as a group like they started doing. Also a shame that Aka ended up dropping the whole "random love-related info" that he wrote every now and then in the chapters, feel like it was a little thing contributing to keeping the theme and making it stand out a lil more.

Well, I still enjoyed it for what it was, was always looking forward to the next chapter and genuinely liked some of the characters. I do hope Aka tries again with a different idea, the guy clearly prefers romcom stories.

Dex-chan lover
wow uhh.. tbh i dont even think its worth READING this chapter all the way through, i read like five pages and was like "wow this needed more time, i'm done reading" lol.

Unfortunate that it ended like this. It wasn't a masterpiece, but I looked forward to reading each new chapter.

Dex-chan lover
heh even titans fall eh? I'm legit surprised Aka Akasaka ain't immune to being axed

Dex-chan lover
I keep seeing people saying they wish this manga had continued, but I'm glad they axed it early. There wasn't anything in these 40 chapters you couldn't find in a hundred other SoL high school rom-coms.

Here's hoping the extra time in Aka's schedule lets him pull Oshi no Ko out of its nosedive.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe that RenDai was so bad it gave a staff member cancer.

Jokes aside, thanks for the TLs, team. It's a shame we never got to see more of Nobuko torturing poor Nanto or Kon becoming happy.

Users who are viewing this thread