Love Bullet - Ch. 6 - "See You Later"

Dex-chan lover
"can cupids even eat?" I mean i assume that'd be ok in their 'human' form but weren't they sharing a mcdonalds after their 'mission' in chapter 0 unless that counts as non canon

unless it moves on to a diff group of cupids in another city. or even, another country if the author does enough research or so
Which open the question, do cupids poop? They're basically some kind of supernatural entity now after all, so theorically they don't have human body needs or limitations.

Without context, this scene is wild. Reminds me of that StateFarm life insurance ad where the guy kisses the girl in the car and he gets shot for no reason.
5F343872-A69D-427F-BBBB-DCAA9A6DC826.jpg

Dex-chan lover
fuck I've should wait until I'm alone to read this. Now I'm holding back the tears cuz I don't want to bawl in public like an idiot but damn this chapter just hit all the feels!!!!!

thanks for the chapter!!!!

Dex-chan lover
I really love how the author choreographs the artwork. I've always felt that using placement and symbolism in art to emphasize the dialogue was an added layer of effort that showed how much care the author put into their work, and every chapter's brought me back to this thought.
This. Fucking, THIS.
  • Aki going back to see an illusion of stabbed Koharu on her seijin-shiki
  • Koharu's "ghost" watching over depressed Koharu and actual Koharu's ghost standing behind her on the next panel
  • Execution-style shot
  • Wide-shot of Koharu calling Aki's name with overall dark atmosphere and Koharu saying see you later with spring and light tone on the next page

these are all money-shots, and when I imagine them animated... chills, fucking chills man

Supporter
I came to the conclusion that a masterpiece can only be born with time
#DownWithWeeklyMangas

Dex-chan lover
GOD THIS MANGA IS SO FUCKING GOOD
this shit hurted frfr
Thanks for the chapter!!!!

Aggregator gang
Whenever I find a gem of a manga, it's always when I'm supposed to go to bed lol.
But wow, this manga almost made me cry, and rarely does a manga do that to me. This was the quickest I have ever been persuaded to buy the physical volume and support the author.

Dex-chan lover
Something tells me the think of it as a fighting competition cupid went through a similar experience with the beret cupid on her first day as well.

Dex-chan lover
I just really enjoy the narrative, and the way the story has been presented so far in this first volume. Chapter 0 is a great introductory chapter, introducing us to the MC, and her 3 senpai/friends/teammates. The 3 all have very distinct and strong personalities. While Koharu doesn't have as strong a personality, that's the reason it balances out between the 4 of them. The initial... "conflict" is used really well. It's not important for the story at large, but it is important in the aspect getting to know the 4 girls.

Then the rest of the volume is a masterpiece in story telling. I really enjoy the fact that Koharu didn't go into shock or hyper ventilate upon becoming a cupid, and actually took to it well. The reason being, was that even though she didn't seem truamatized by finding her new reality, it was clear from her facial expressions and body language that she wasn't fully coming to terms with her situation. Which is, in essence, what the whole volume was about. And that is done beautifully using Koharu's backstory with Aki, allowing Koharu to be the one to give Aki to give the closure that honestly, both of them needed.

Obviously there's more to come, but this so far has been a masterclass in storytelling.

Dex-chan lover
Kinda dissapointed that the road and ending we got with Aki-chan is just a standard safe writing :(

I hope the next arc would finally blow my mind because with this much creative theme idea and potential, it would be such a huge waste if it only stick with safe zone

P/s: i definitely dont want the ending Aki-chan get is holding onto Koto forever, but the final love interest was too safe and obvious it doesnt really give the satisfaction at all

Users who are viewing this thread