Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 350 - Everyone's Own Accolades

Dex-chan lover
Called it. Author pulled a cop out with the Art Battler and now the main representative prize will probably go to Sylvia.

Guess this is the second long arc in a row where Iruma isn't allowed to advance (after the student hunt).

Feels like Iruma is taking a bit of a backseat in the manga now.

As for him"going up too fast" we're 350 chapters in. At the rate we're going, we'll have another One Piece or Detective Conan on our hands.
well i mean, i don't care if we are getting long ass series. This author knows how to make an interesting world that im willing to invest in. You might want to finish the main quest, but the side characrter story is more interesting for me.

Aggregator gang
To be fair, tricky award says "a member" not necessarily the captain, they gonna give it to Sylvia, either by having them vote who gets it and she wins, or the teachers already decided, this was mostly her arc. BUT, i would argue that a good captain can make his team members give their best, without Iruma's leadership 0 character development would have occurred.

Art Battler winning was 100% a cop out, just like last time, at least they are likeable, unlike those from the radio battler or whatever the fuck it was called, who were background characters at most.

Dex-chan lover
Guys obviously Iruma can't be ranked up because they totally made Clara the captain when him and Az went to the party so she'll get ranked up to 5 to match them

Dex-chan lover
Ive been thinking this. But i wonder if there is a secondary qualification for rank 6+. They made a big deal about them seperating the average student from the adults so I am expecting something like that.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like itll probably be that his rank isnt going up because he wasnt the main contributor to the actual display beyond finding the talents and getting them to express themselves.

Could also be that theres other conditions for moving up to the higher ranks too.
isnt that the main reason he should've rank up? finding talent and utilizing their best ability is the forte of a king. someone higher up.

Aggregator gang
5 might be the limit for students. Or at least students of his year.

even Ameri is only 6 and she’s the president. Though Iruma might end up taking her place since fourth and fifth year students don’t really seem to hang around the school much.
I wouldn't say that since, as you just mentioned, Ameri is rank 6 as a third year. However it would make sense to have those limiters just because the faculty would not want a student to rise so quickly to that top.

Dex-chan lover
I think Nishi, kind of wrote themselves into a corner with the ranks.
The effort to go from one rank to the next seems to stay the same, but the expected power up seems to get larger and larger.

Also, who is now gonna get the top prize, now that the art battler has rejected it.

Aggregator gang
Probably because while the idea of the haunted house was his and he helped contribute to his creation/finding the talent, the bulk of the actual creations were by the other members of the team. That being said, considering that this happened last festival just fine, I wonder what exactly the reasoning for it will be.

Actually, I bet there's some arbitrary rule that the same "representative" can't rank up more than once using this method now that I look back at how the prizes are dealt with.
That would make sense because if a single student were to gain their rank just through the battler party, that would diminish the achievements that they could present and show off the flaws they have. Thinking on it, I can't name another character at the moment that has done something like this since this is the only real repeating event in the story (the battler party I mean).

Aggregator gang
Called it. Author pulled a cop out with the Art Battler and now the main representative prize will probably go to Sylvia.

Guess this is the second long arc in a row where Iruma isn't allowed to advance (after the student hunt).

Feels like Iruma is taking a bit of a backseat in the manga now.

As for him"going up too fast" we're 350 chapters in. At the rate we're going, we'll have another One Piece or Detective Conan on our hands.
Personally I'm in for that ride just because it would really suck for the story to start rushing towards the conclusion. Then again I was also a fan of Detective Conan years ago and am surprised years later that they went up to 70 volumes.

Dex-chan lover
In a strange way, while it is upsetting on one hand the Magic Tools don't get number one, it is because of Iruma another often ignored and taken for granted group is getting the spotlight. He is raising up all around him, making their lives better. And I don't think the Art Battler will forget this.

The Broadcast Battler's kindness for taking the win allowed Iruma to see Kuromu, which deepened his friendship with Kerori. I imagine Art Battler having some connections which would benefit Iruma in another way.

And when the eventual reveal of Iruma being human, the more allies he has, even unknown to him like how the staff was behind him in getting the Royal One, will make him stand strong and destroy any who would seek to harm the one they owe so much to.

Users who are viewing this thread