Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Dex-chan lover
Yodokawa announced on her twitter that this is the last volume and that it'll be completed before the end of the year.

If previous volumes are anything to go by, there should be 3/4 chapters left.

So, the drama will probably be solved quickly, as it always was. She's just tying up the loose ends.

To drop a manga you like 3 chapters before the end because there's some drama sounds stupid.
1. I dont follow her twitter so didnt know how many chapters was let of the story
2. If it drama as stupid as this looks to be then it is close to being drop worthy

Dex-chan lover
I actually appreciate the way it was handled. They obviously still have to talk about it but what mattered most to Asako in that moment was that something really bad just happened to her gf and that she needs to be comforted. And if there's something Asako is good at, it's fussing over people and spoiling them
You're just focusing on the spoiling, which I didn't say it was bad nor unneeded. But I'm talking about how it was depicted here how she just did that and peaced out peacefully sleeping while Miyako is still mulling over it.
Don't get me wrong, spoiling is nice and all. But in a relationship communication is key, in many manga they skip this needed communications in the same way, just so the drama can keep going for longer, but in reality, if you have any empathy, mostly for your partner, besides spoiling, you'd talk with them to try make sure they can at least sleep a little with more peace of mind or an idea of what to do next. A nice dinner will fill their belly and give dopamine, but won't help their anxiety that's for sure. Because the issue at hand is still there, in their mind, untouched. (which is why she can't sleep)
I'm guessing it was mostly an issue of pages left, and it was quicker to wrap it up with that than have them actually address the issue with communication which would probably take more panels and pages. And it also keeps leaving a cliffhanger of the issue not being resolved nor tackled. But that's why it felt a lil frustrating have them wrap it up like that instead of reacting and communicating like adults mostly from Asako who had been shown to mull over a lot of worries in her head (like a car) but here she just sleeps. (lil contradictory to her shown character)
That's why it feels so refreshing when in a work you see characters actually caring and communicating about issues and what's on their mind right there in the moment and not ignoring it or just skipping over it to leave it for another time in the story for convenience's sake.

both-is.gif

You're just focusing on the spoiling, which I didn't say it was bad nor unneeded. But I'm talking about how it was depicted here how she just did that and peaced out peacefully sleeping while Miyako is still mulling over it.
Don't get me wrong, spoiling is nice and all. But in a relationship communication is key, in many manga they skip this needed communications in the same way, just so the drama can keep going for longer, but in reality, if you have any empathy, mostly for your partner, besides spoiling, you'd talk with them to try make sure they can at least sleep a little with more peace of mind or an idea of what to do next. A nice dinner will fill their belly and give dopamine, but won't help their anxiety that's for sure. Because the issue at hand is still there, in their mind, untouched. (which is why she can't sleep)
I'm guessing it was mostly an issue of pages left, and it was quicker to wrap it up with that than have them actually address the issue with communication which would probably take more panels and pages. And it also keeps leaving a cliffhanger of the issue not being resolved nor tackled. But that's why it felt a lil frustrating have them wrap it up like that instead of reacting and communicating like adults mostly from Asako who had been shown to mull over a lot of worries in her head (like a car) but here she just sleeps. (lil contradictory to her shown character)
That's why it feels so refreshing when in a work you see characters actually caring and communicating about issues and what's on their mind right there in the moment and not ignoring it or just skipping over it to leave it for another time in the story for convenience's sake.

both-is.gif
It was very late when she came back home and she was in a heat of emotions. Isn't it better to leave the discussion for the next day?

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate Miyako's honesty with Asako. Hopefully they'll continue to work through this together, rather than her giving in to her tendency for internalizing these things and trying to solve them herself. She might feel ashamed, needing to lean on Asako and also being unable to provide a "normal" life for her; but being a couple, their decisions involve each other regardless. It might not be a bad idea to get some support from the agency but I imagine she'll want to handle things on her own terms.
The way I see it in order to receive that "support" they want her to come back, but her mentioning Asako as if she'd be doing it to protect her is just plain nasty, especially since her coming back would just put a huuuuuuge strain on their newly formed relationship, which could potentially pull them apart..

We all know Idols and "Relationships" is a big no-no in Japan, also her stepping back into the public eye wouldn't solve the issue, but justify it for paparazzis giving them more reason to infringe on her private life (Including Asako)

In short : Fuck that Director <_<

Dex-chan lover

both-is.gif
I just assumed that it's late in the evening and instead of unpacking everything right then and there it's left for the next morning. It does look a bit weird with Asako soundly asleep and Miyako lying awake, this would have been a situation where they could have talked about it. I just kinda ignored the last panel to be honest and focused on the rest.

Like you've said, maybe it's page restraint but in that case they could have done a cliffhanger when she came home and fell into Asako's arms, leaving the actual spoiling and the subsequent talk for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, so? Just send a press release to Tv and Newspapers "I was just visiting old friends - I don't want to return being an idol. Please respect my life and please support the group anyway" and that's it.
No need to actively return on the stage and more so no need from the manager to ask her that.
She's just trying to get her in the group again for convenience
exactly
If brain damaged smooth brain youtuber got into huge controversy and the first thing she's doing are whip out her ukulele and trying to defend herself for absolutely indefensible
you would think huge agency with all the money in the world would able to do something about it other than bending their knees for no reason.
especially if the activity is so innocent,non-scandalous, have 100% chane to actually defend themselves without any shadow of doubt would came out triumphant

i hope the director are really trying to manipulate and not "there's no other way" type of stuff

Dex-chan lover
The issue is that this literally impacts the entire group's career.
After Miyako dropped out all of a sudden, they spent a ton of time and effort rebuilding the group's brand/image to have Ruri as the new leader and gradually phases out Miyako from the fans' eyes.

Now that she's back in the public eye, especially given that she was spotted with her friends, that new image is going to be tarnished and Ruri & co are put in a very awkward position in front of the fans, because there will be expectations of her returning.

Hate the manager all you want, not saying she's a nice lady, but Miyako did a big fuck up for the group here, even if unintentionally. She hampered their whole rebranding.

It doesn't matter that they're friends and just want to see each other, the public's perception and narrative is what controls their careers, and given how the group stands now Miyako is a liability for their future success. The manager is right to ask for her to come back temporarily so they can get the narrative under control.

If Miyako does not return the papparazi are going to have a field day with this story, and she and the rest of the members are probably gonna be even more hounded by cameras than before.
She didn't "fuck up" anything. It's not her problem. It's a problem with the idol agency. There should have been very specific terms in place in a contract to protect against this sort of thing, like not allowing ex-idols from within the group to publicly meet up. Could easily make an announcement to clear up the public's misconceptions as well instead of having an ex-idol come out of retirement for one day which makes no sense. It's just for the story's sake to half-bake some needless conflict and a dramatic conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
What is stopping them from releasing a statement that she was just visiting them on new years? You know like any other friends would do? It would also reinforce that she didn't leave them (and the company) on bad terms.

What is so scandalous about all this? I thought the paparazi scene last chapter was gonna be used for something more worthy. This is just cheap made up drama. If anything, her coming back even for a single show is WAY worse than doing absolutely nothing and letting things die down. Director is fucking retarded.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I just assumed that it's late in the evening and instead of unpacking everything right then and there it's left for the next morning. It does look a bit weird with Asako soundly asleep and Miyako lying awake, this would have been a situation where they could have talked about it. I just kinda ignored the last panel to be honest and focused on the rest.

Like you've said, maybe it's page restraint but in that case they could have done a cliffhanger when she came home and fell into Asako's arms, leaving the actual spoiling and the subsequent talk for the next chapter.
yeah pretty much that last panels in bed are the issue imho just because of how it portrays Asako. Knowing how she herself worried so much about stuff I think she'd have been there to listen and talk with Miyako after she calmed down from the well deserved spoiling. And yeah I totally agree with your idea of a different cliffhanger. Would have preferred that too.

It was very late when she came back home and she was in a heat of emotions. Isn't it better to leave the discussion for the next day?
Yeah Miyako sure looks great in bed left alone with her thoughts not being able to sleep. Much better.
Your partner comes crying home and you bath her, warm her up with a cup all to calm her down (which would be perfect opportunity to talk) and you go to sleep while she can't because she's still anxious about it.
You really see no problem here? ok then. Not gonna try to make any more sense about it.

Dex-chan lover
The issue is that this literally impacts the entire group's career.
After Miyako dropped out all of a sudden, they spent a ton of time and effort rebuilding the group's brand/image to have Ruri as the new leader and gradually phases out Miyako from the fans' eyes.

Now that she's back in the public eye, especially given that she was spotted with her friends, that new image is going to be tarnished and Ruri & co are put in a very awkward position in front of the fans, because there will be expectations of her returning.

Hate the manager all you want, not saying she's a nice lady, but Miyako did a big fuck up for the group here, even if unintentionally. She hampered their whole rebranding.

It doesn't matter that they're friends and just want to see each other, the public's perception and narrative is what controls their careers, and given how the group stands now Miyako is a liability for their future success. The manager is right to ask for her to come back temporarily so they can get the narrative under control.

If Miyako does not return the papparazi are going to have a field day with this story, and she and the rest of the members are probably gonna be even more hounded by cameras than before.
Maybe I'm just being ignorant, but can't they just put out a statement that they're just still friends and it's normal for friends to meet so out of respect to not put pressure on Miyako? Add to that statement that she will never come out of retirement? Again, maybe this is me being ignorant but I feel like that would solve the issue.

YESSS AN UPDATE!!!!
Fuck them paparazzi and press, let them have sesbian wholesomeness in peace dammit

Dex-chan lover
The whole "situation" is bullshit.
The photo that started it: Members are friend. Can't the company clarify that? It's in secret because well, see the shitstorm that currently brewing.
The "solution": already retired (a year ago) member has absolutely no responsibility for the company's current problem. Anything else is just emotional blackmail.
The supposed "cause": it's all on since Miyako didn't know her "responsibility" because she ran away too fast? The whole ran away thing fall under "you know I know you know". If the management really wanted Miyako to know her "responsibility", they would have told her about it through members/anyone really. They didn't bother so go fuck yourselves with the bs emotional blackmail.

Dex-chan lover
Well, that's all sorts of bullshit, which seems to be about correct for the idol industry, except that realistically, it'd probably be even more abusive, fucked up and nonsensical.

Dex-chan lover
"You left because we were running you ragged and you felt abused, so now it's your fault that we didn't fucking explain basic-ass shit that we should've explained ages ago and it's up to you to do things you don't want to to solve our problem."

Howboutchu do your work and handle that yourself?

Aggregator gang
I absolutely loathe idol culture, everything from the agencies to the fans, but I do very much feel for the talent. This chapter shows exactly why I hate them, whenever even the slightest mishap occurs, these agencies bend over backwards to appease a bunch of degenerate "fans". They don't realize, that all this behavior does is show to these petulant loser "fans" that as long as they throw a big enough tantrum they will always get their way.

Aggregator gang
I think it’s kinda silly to read the author’s endorsement into the manager’s actions here. It seems pretty clear to me this story is depicting a former idol being pressured by the terrible sides of both fandom and the industry. She is being presented with a false dichotomy because the manager, as a representative of the industry, wants minute control over her life.

Dex-chan lover
I always forget how hard it is for celebrities to date "civilians" who aren't part of the public eye

Users who are viewing this thread