Mangadex started spaming to local storage in browse :fixed: not anymore, it doesn't, YEET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday it worked fine, but today after changing images to xhr request now it spamming storage in browser (FF86) "your profile"/storage/default/https+++mangadex.org/cache/morgue/

unknown.png

It's getting bigger with every chapter page loaded and don't even clean after closing browser

I was wondering why I suddenly had 60+ Mb worth of cookies coming from mangadex.org after binge reading roughly a hundred chapters...

never noticed that before but same here. every chapter adds a few mb to that morgue.
i started at 54mb and i am now at 84mb after reading 6 chapters

carbotaniuman, Princeps Carbotia
Staff
Developer
Change is intentional. We have it set to keep 100 images, so at roughly 1MB per image you can expect this to eat about 100MB. If this is too much for you, we can do some tuning as we update.

@BraveDude8

thanks. if thats important: i am using ffx86 as well. clearing the ffx cache (except for cookies) does nothing (sorry if that's an obvious thing; i'm a cave-man)

@carbotaniuman
thank your for the info. i don't care if its 100mb or 200mb i have just been wondering since nothing else in that storage exceeded 3mb
im glad it's not a bug or something worse

I had like 70+ images which were cached back in june 2019 eating up space.

@carbotaniuman
So thats means there be always I/O for HDD/SSD even if you don't use cache to disk and if there those big images like 5-8+mb per page it's going like 100+mb easy for 1-2 chapters.
Thats feels kinda overdone when 1 site going to eat like 10 times of overall local storage and hogging I/O too. I mean it worked nice just yesterday without it.

And yes something like this was before and I wrote about it on discord long ago

@Tscheddov
It's going too clear what you expected from "clearing the ffx cache (except for cookies", but don't worry it not gonna break site or log out of it too

carbotaniuman, Princeps Carbotia
Staff
Developer
Alright, cache has been removed due to various problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread