Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Ch. 68.2

Dex-chan lover
This point is brought up in the novel by Yuki himself. He’s really annoyed that his DEX only seems to positively affect his crafting, but does nothing when handling weapons.
It comes up at least twice before and even in this arc and the manga either glossed over it or didn’t show it at all.
Yeah I am aware as I pulled that info from the novel in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, okay. Then let’s just continue rambling on how this adaption skimps a lot of backstory/world building.
Yeah it skips a lot, but nothing particularly important, it does kind of gloss over Yuki's reasoning of why he picked this fight, though based on the comments it was still plenty obvious by reading between the lines. Though they think he knows that factions leader was directly responsible for the attack, vs that he just knows that faction was involved so is holding him accountable as the leader, though if I remember right he has no clue that the birdman village attack even happened.
But yeah its understandable that they skip a lot, hell there is the daydreams and holiday specials, they will really need to skip those, they would need a spin off manga to cover all those. But in general there is some pacing issues with the novel, its jump from very very chill slice of life, to explosion espionage and politics, and then he just puts a pin in that and is back to chill slice of life while waiting on the next step in the span of three chapters, its whiplash inducing.

World building wise, this is still at the point Yuki barley cares about the outside world, and doesn't really bother to learn much. So its less skipped and just not yet relevant.

Dex-chan lover
On the contrary, he's weaker than yuki, hence why he had to use that sword, what i said was that yuki isn't the one who kills him, he dies to a legendary disaster class dragon monster that a arc villain revived in later chapters, by that point if he fought yuki, it would be like when yuki faced the slavers who kidnapped illuna, a complete massacre, basically yuki at that point is strong enough to take on a legendary disaster class monster, while he easily dies to it.
Before you ask yes, yuki is still much weaker than lefi at that point.
Ok I see, and yeah I think we all know Waifu is stronger than him

Users who are viewing this thread