Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Ch. 62

Double-page supporter
But... Zagan was also the Villian to her in the first arc before she changed her mind on the church... I just don't understand why we are even doing this at all. Why have her retroactively realize she was in love? Then retroactively realize it's heartbreak literally years after those chapters came out? Chastille is lying right there, and I wish the author would resist the temptation to have everyone fall in love with the MC. It's been so long and we are so far removed from that initial arc, it just seems so crazy to even try have this be a story line at all.

It's like the editors came in and said "You forgot to make this a Harem, please have every woman Zagan has ever interacted with be in love him". No one is safe once it starts.
There has been several female characters introduce up to this point and only two have confirmed feelings for Zagan, with one having ever intention of keeping those feelings to herself because she doesn't want to come between them. That doesn't sound like forcing a harem to me.

Dex-chan lover
And we are done with Chastille's feeling sub-plot. While I appreciate that it give her a little bit more depth, I felt it is unnecessary.

Well, I am fully aboard the beta ship anyway so my opinion probably biased by a lot. I love the spinoff much more but it's not like the main story is bad or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Poor Chastelle T___T
but at least it is good that she realized it early and in such a calming way

How's the anime adaptation so far?
Completely average. I'd say it was a good entry point to the story since it's the anime that lead me to binge read the manga but comparing the manga adaptation to the anime, the manga is clearly superior. There's just a lot more love and care put into the manga whereas the anime is a pretty standard/average adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Completely average. I'd say it was a good entry point to the story since it's the anime that lead me to binge read the manga but comparing the manga adaptation to the anime, the manga is clearly superior. There's just a lot more love and care put into the manga whereas the anime is a pretty standard/average adaptation.
Most Anime of the beloved Manga I've read are so painfully average/bad... I watched the first few episodes of The Faraway Paladin 2 days ago, and it's just so painfully badly animated!

Like seriously, I'll take the beautifully drawn/stylized Manga pages over Anime basically always now. Demon Slayer is a huge exception to a market full of dreams painfully crushed.

What a shame. :nyoron:

And we are done with Chastille's feeling sub-plot. While I appreciate that it give her a little bit more depth, I felt it is unnecessary.

Well, I am fully aboard the beta ship anyway so my opinion probably biased by a lot. I love the spinoff much more but it's not like the main story is bad or anything.
The problem is that this story is so densely packed, that this sub-plot was pushed way too much back. The pacing of it is totally off, with people not really having any connection to it anymore and are already on the Ch X Ba ship, thx to the spin-off.

I think it was fine and it added a nice flavour and closure to this sub-plot, but I didn't touch the spin-off Manga, so I'm neutral party to this.

If the spin-off Manga didn't happen, this would've probably been handled a bit more gracefully, but I guess for both to progress without any canon conflicts, the author just wanted to get it done with finally.

Because we all know that if non-Japanese shippers are this tantrummy about it, then I don't want to imagine what the author has to go through with their native audience... :dogkek: :salute:

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Zagan may have the elf loli. But Raphael have the black cat loli. And that's a win.

Dex-chan lover
Most Anime of the beloved Manga I've read are so painfully average/bad... I watched the first few episodes of The Faraway Paladin 2 days ago, and it's just so painfully badly animated!
Ah, my Helck. My poor, poor Helck.
Because we all know that if non-Japanese shippers are this tantrummy
I don't think I am being "tantrummy" but hey, if you say so.

Contributor
Barbatos lost the dark circles under his eyes, you say? Who is this sparkling, healthy man and what has he done to our previously permanently sleep-deprived and pale ex-villain? Well, I suppose a certain someone's (unhealthy) cooking can help bring him back to his usual (unhealthy) look if necessary...

Thinks Nephtheros is like Zagan.
She wanted to embrace Zagan, but now she can't.
So she embraces Nephtheros instead.
:pepehmm:

I guess it's half her genuine kind desire to comfort the lonely Nephtheros, and half treating her as an emotional proxy for her frustrated feelings of affection towards Zagan that can not be realized anymore. In any case, this is the end for any Zagan x Chastille pairing since this is a moment of growth for Chastille with her deciding to move on from those feelings. That ship has sunk. I do love that Nephtheros returned the hug, though.. A heartwarming friendship was born out of Chastille's heartbreak that day.

Well, that makes the identity of the assassin painfully obvious now. I'm just surprised Kuu is still hanging around her given she was just introduced as a random bystander girl who got swept up in the church's business. IIRC they weren't actually traveling together before they met Zagan.

So Kuroka and Raphael have some history. Boy, Raphael seems to have a history of getting involved with lolis... in a wholesome way, of course. I wonder what would happen if she learns he is staying in Zagan's castle? Will she end up joining them too? If so... Zagan and Nephy's family sure is growing quickly, not that I object or anything. And this is even before their own future biological child enters the picture.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think I am being "tantrummy" but hey, if you say so.
I'm sorry I didn't specify each person's level of tantrum specifically. :notlikethis:
Don't worry you're level 1 of 100!

Edit: back from the gym now: just in case this wasn't emphasized enough by me, I was mostly joking...
Mangadex is one of the more harmless shipping forums, so I'm extrapolating the stage of grief from here by multiple for other forums and by a lot for japanese forums.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's purely the animation thats letting it down for me, the story, characters and voice acting are all pretty good.
To be honest i didn't even know this was getting an anime untill the season started.
I was kinda happy when i found out because this is one of my favourite romcoms too bad the anime doesn't really add anything to the story.

Dex-chan lover
But... Zagan was also the Villian to her in the first arc before she changed her mind on the church... I just don't understand why we are even doing this at all. Why have her retroactively realize she was in love? Then retroactively realize it's heartbreak literally years after those chapters came out? Chastille is lying right there, and I wish the author would resist the temptation to have everyone fall in love with the MC. It's been so long and we are so far removed from that initial arc, it just seems so crazy to even try have this be a story line at all.

It's like the editors came in and said "You forgot to make this a Harem, please have every woman Zagan has ever interacted with be in love him". No one is safe once it starts.
Rather than seeing it as the author attempt to make harem (which she probably is), this vignette is more about Chastille's growth, facing the turmoil she had about her relationship with Zagan. This is good storytelling.

Each person takes different time when facing a problem. They may adapt quickly and move on, while some might relent and stuck to the past. Others might just bury their feelings and turn a blind eye as they move forward, but still harbors that feeling deep down all the same. This chapter shows us which path Chastille will probably take; what she will (finally) probably take, outside the obvious spin-off.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, that makes the identity of the assassin painfully obvious now. I'm just surprised Kuu is still hanging around her given she was just introduced as a random bystander girl who got swept up in the church's business. IIRC they weren't actually traveling together before they met Zagan.
Some ch. ago, forgor which, had Bifrons possess Kuu to get closer to the church (to Nephteros?). That one scene where the doggo thugs got absolutely gored to death that night.

Users who are viewing this thread