Maou-sama ni Shoukan sareta kedo Kotoba ga Tsuujinai - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - A Sudden Visit at Late Night? (1)

url

@Sweet_Seats
Because of course, you need 2200 hours of mandarin class to be able to say the basic stuff.
Guess that's why it took the MC a year to learn and say Mary's name. Oh wait...

Have you ever travelled to another country which didn't use your native language ?
If so, ever took a book to learn the basic words/sentence of the language in that country ?
If so, did it take you years to learn to say "please can you help me ?" or "Hello" ?

Supporter
@Haydrion101 @randomname

If you mean Spaghetti ice, then yes. That is a thing.

But I don't think that is the case here, since on page 7 and 9 you see some "aroma" lines on the food, which normally indicate a warm meal. So no idea what that should be.

@CursedLight
I'm not saying that the MC here is a particularly smart guy (quite the opposite in fact), but you do recognize that you yourself said: "Take a book". Which is not possible here.

Dex-chan lover
Why do we get to understand what the "Hero's Party" is saying when Ren's not around but not what Mary's saying?

Is the implication that it would be much easier for Ren to understand the Hero's Party's language than it would be for him to understand Mary?

@SasazukaIchimashi I don't think the implication is really that. I think it's just a change in point of view. We were just viewing that particular scene in the perspective of the hero's party. But who knows, it could go the way you're saying.

I would like to believe that this mage girl could play a part in Ren learning the language though. As far as we've seen, Mary is perfectly complacent about the language barrier and she's perfectly happy just having him there to hang out. I believe Ren is either going to get his ass in gear about learning it by the extremely slow means (could take years) at some point or we're going to see him suddenly get the ability to understand their language through magic (which is why I think the mage girl could become important).

Users who are viewing this thread