Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo" "Kotowaru!" - Vol. 18 Ch. 58

School Days source material was a Visual Novel - Eroge, so you could have all kind of ends, harem end, solo end, 1 waifu end... (even there, the bad ends are many and only few are good or decent ones).

What I personally think is that in the anime they adapted the worst end or/and the worst parts of all routes?

That's why is shit, because well... that it's what they adapted basically. The worst of the worst.

But yeah, @JustCallMeDaBoss and everyone else who wants to watch it, just don't.
You don't need another, but a little "softer", 177013 in your life.

Supporter
Wow. Didn't know the ending was scanlated but...thanks for finishing it! I've been following these scans for almost a solid decade. Missed a few, but will probably buy the full series some day down the road.

Only qualm with the ending is...FUCK WHERES THE MAGE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Tho we all kno she probably dead. i just wanted confirmation.

Otherwise, I'm relatively satisfied with how it ended.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Aggregator gang
I wasn't even aware that this series was updated, much less finished. It was a great manga.

Dex-chan lover
@Pumpki - well, given that Mage is still writing her book, she must be alive and in the same world. Since she joined the Library clan, she probably spends most of her time in the Library.

I feel bad for head maid who continued living in the mansion, not knowing if any of the three will ever return.

Dex-chan lover
For finishing the tl finally after so long.. A mega Thank You for The TL is deserved
Not a bad ending. Would be ideal if Dragon papa got to witness his daughter marrying the ubermerchant before dying. Maybe he did shame the readers didn't.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Thanks to the multiple groups over the years who worked on this series.

Overall, kinda underwhlmed on the whole thing. I liked the initial premise, but felt that the pacing was glacial. That romance tag ultimatly feels unwarranted and im not sure the hero ever even kissed the demon queen anywhere else but the forehead. I felt like everytime the two were together was wasted, and them being seperated so often was a bummer.

Also these chapters were absolutly jam packed with dialogue of characters explaing lore, world building, strategy, and its just a constant stream of over explanations. While fine at first, eventually it just became a slog midway through the series. Characters meeting up and interacting with each other just turn into people explaining plans, and I felt like all of the interesting meet ups were wasted. Even the battles that were being built up were ultimately dealt with faster than the explanations for the plans dealing with them. I dont blame any of the multiple scan groups that dropped this because theres just was to much talking here. Entire pages are just stuffy dialoge. This series has definitely made me appriacte character narration and inner monologue though, seeing this constant flow is kinda off putting when you see 50 pages and most of it is text bubbles.

The ending is aslo confussing and bittersweet. Felt bad for the maid the most due to her lonliness. And the ending either means they died, which makes no sense for hero and the queen since they looked just fine. Or they just got spit out randomly and for some unknown reason the knight is also alive and with them. Its kinda a mesy and very unsatisfying end.

Had to hunker down and just plow through the last few chapters, but I find the whole thing a let down. And thats a shame because that ealry stuff when everyone is together is stellar and the highlight of this stoy. But it ditches that way to quickly, and spirals into long periods of seperation and just wanting to see the leads together. sorry for his long rant, but I just really wanted to like this. It took me a few years of putting this down and picking it back up, and I just feel so frustrated with it all. I feel like the series is just one of the biggest wasted potentials I have read in a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread