Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 40.1

Dex-chan lover
Scanning someone's ship should probably be illegal. If I were him, my immediate assumption would be they've pirates and set up an ambush for cargo. :worry:
Or... They are scanning the new ship to determine if it is a pirate ship. If simply scanning a ship was illegal, then there would be vastly more "shoot first" scenarios, as that would be the only way to determine the intention of the other ship.
Without being able to scan the ship for, say, ID and, by extension, allegiance you would have no way to determine if they were, for example, pirates.

What they are doing constitutes harassment, but only to the point of someone today videoing or taking pictures of another's car/truck, which certainly isn't illegal (at least not on public property, which is basically any paved road, except driveways, which aren't roads).
Now, if their scanning goes so far as to read their cargo? That could potentially be illegal. But getting the architecture of the ship and module/weapon information, not so much. Understanding the combat capabilities of those around you, in situations like this, is more of a safety precaution than a sign of aggression. And disallowing that would put everyone at risk.

Again, harassment, due to the number of people doing it and the (implied) length of time they are doing it for. But it's clearly stated that his ship is unique in this universe, and that the people doing it are engineers curious about this unique ship that has shown up in their work area. It would be like saying someone can shoot another for asking (far) too many questions about their modified car.
Not a perfect analogy since the only real world equivalent is the picture/video one, and then Google-ing what was captured.

Ok. Enough wall of text.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, accept a 20% discount in return for signing a monopoly contract allowing them to demand any price whatsoever they might ever wish for any future ships you want to purchase (and possibly even repairs of damaged ones you own). 80% (6M) now, in return for 500% next time, and 1000% after that. And if they ever dislike you, make that be refusal to sell at all.

Aggregator gang
SUS

I would've simply exited the room and claim "all right, I will come back later with the needed amount" and hunt some more pirates, at least taking down pirates is trusting the evil that you know instead of such suspicious contract.

Or just finding a new place to buy such type of ship or a refurbished one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread