Mezametara Saikyou Soubi to Uchuusenmochi Datta node, Ikkodate Mezashite Youhei toshite Jiyuu ni Ikitai - Vol. 8 Ch. 40.1

Dex-chan lover
For all the strange Size discussion "as funny as it is" I say we wait until we get a Panel with a Dwarf actually standing beside Hiro. Sitting is often one of the things where manga artists often get the perspective wrong.

Reactions: le3
How tall were the dwarves in the wn/ln?

Also I'm sorry but I must Uooohhhh cute dwarves 😭
dwarves are to supposed to be that short, do not mistook the fantasy race with the human anomaly(dwarfism, who on a fantasy chart are of the height between a halfling or a gnome); but yeah i'm missing the 'thick' and the 'beard' traits from a proper dwarf

Dex-chan lover
Genuinely shocked he’s not being offered some prototype unique ship that turns out to be hilariously OP and also coincidentally costs just under his budget.
Its not the mothership that’s going to be a prototype ship, but instead it’s gonna be Elma’s ship later on

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
yeah I meant that, but a total engineering scan is also super intrusive.
Imagine if everyone had an x-ray camera on the street, and started taking pictures of you
I think it's bad enough that you can apparently drain a Cybertuck's battery, by just having a ton of people a day walk around taking its picture.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's bad enough that you can apparently drain a Cybertuck's battery, by just having a ton of people a day walk around taking its picture.
The "F"? That can't be a thing, surely.
I would be really curious to read what ever source you have for that.

Dex-chan lover
The "F"? That can't be a thing, surely.
I would be really curious to read what ever source you have for that.
MKBHD's Auto Focus channel put out a video about the cybertruck recently, and he says in there that the Sentry mode (probably of most Tesla vehicles) turns on the cameras whenever people come near, so it can get pretty draining if you have a car that stands out like a Cybertruck.

Dex-chan lover
No. Its a shit series of videos by a uninspiring animator with only toilet humor.
Just no. Crack a joke about something else. Of all the memes or shitty internet things that needs to die, Skibidi is one.
I completely agree. Never liked the toilet meme, heard Skibidi first through man's not hot and then the Skibidi bop bop yes yes fat man.

Dex-chan lover
MKBHD's Auto Focus channel put out a video about the cybertruck recently, and he says in there that the Sentry mode (probably of most Tesla vehicles) turns on the cameras whenever people come near, so it can get pretty draining if you have a car that stands out like a Cybertruck.
Ok. That makes more sense than how I read the post originally. I thought you meant that purely the act of talking a picture of it could drain the battery. Now I understand that it isn't taking a picture, it is approaching it too closely.

Dex-chan lover
Ok. That makes more sense than how I read the post originally. I thought you meant that purely the act of talking a picture of it could drain the battery. Now I understand that it isn't taking a picture, it is approaching it too closely.
You read it that way because that’s how he wrote it

and also because with the absolute fuckpaddle of bad choices that is the cybertruck it is 100% believable that sheer proximity of cell phones would drain its battery somehow

Dex-chan lover
Genuinely shocked he’s not being offered some prototype unique ship that turns out to be hilariously OP and also coincidentally costs just under his budget.
Well, the ship he's been offered is the first of their newest generation of that model. It's so new you could say he got to the company before enough time has passed for them to have another nearly ready prototype ready to test.

Dex-chan lover
They could be scanning for anything for all he knows. That's what's scary about it.
For sure, being surrounded like that and everyone just probing sucks, he knows nothing about them and can't even really tell them to back off. The problem is that its a safety issue both ways, you need to be allowed to scan unknown ships near you, its why its a social etiquette breach vs a crime. They clearly are taking way to much advantage here. And sounds like he is about to make them pay for it as he collected the ship id's, so he is likely going to use that to force a discount. The sales rep is clearly taking him for a ride price wise and trying to milk both all his budget and push him to work for them. They have very clearly overstepped.

Dex-chan lover
For sure, being surrounded like that and everyone just probing sucks, he knows nothing about them and can't even really tell them to back off. The problem is that its a safety issue both ways, you need to be allowed to scan unknown ships near you, its why its a social etiquette breach vs a crime. They clearly are taking way to much advantage here. And sounds like he is about to make them pay for it as he collected the ship id's, so he is likely going to use that to force a discount. The sales rep is clearly taking him for a ride price wise and trying to milk both all his budget and push him to work for them. They have very clearly overstepped.
There's no need to scan a ship that isn't doing anything suspicious.

Dex-chan lover
There is (I mean obviously) a clear difference in technology levels. Today, you can really only read a person's license plate, and then look up any available information online. Or the make and model of their vehicle. If you notice that the vehicle is significantly different than anything available on the market, and your interest is in engineering, you may be inclined to take a closer and more detailed look.
With today's technology, without getting physical, what one can discern about a vehicle is limited. With detailed "scanning" technology it (theoretically) would be possible to create blueprints for the vehicle that you could then study in detail. If your profession is engineering, or you are just very interested in it, and the thing you just "pinged" is unique, you may be more interested in getting a structural analysis of it.

Is it disconcerting? Certainly. Should it be illegal? Only if you believe that looking at someone else's vehicle today, for more than enough time to read the license plate, should also be illegal.
Yes, it is more involved than simply "looking" in today's terms. They are given more details on the vehicle than most people could get without touching (because the inner working are blocked by the vehicle's hood), but even today it is possible to see (at least some of) the cargo of a vehicle even without touching it, simply by peering through the windows, which isn't illegal. One would likely be yelled at for getting too close to, and being too interested in the other person's vehicle, but unless it is on private property you literally cannot stop someone from looking. Disconcerning? Sure. Illegal? No.

I put forward that, should humans ever develop technology to scan things and collect detailed information from them, and especially if we ever have personal space ships, it should definitively NOT be made illegal to use the technology on other ships. They will move far too fast and at far too great a distance for anyone to get any useful information from sight alone. The very thought of getting ANY useful info through eyes alone is insane. And relying on transmission of relevant information has already proven to be dismissable. Just look up any current technology to spoof or otherwise impede accurate collection of "transmitted" information (such as license plates).
It would only be the level of scanning that should be questionable, and even then only as reportable as someone hovering around a vehicle in today's world. (Depending on location, probably want to get the police involved, but going physical/violent immediately would be the same overreaction as it would now)

Again, wall of text. I know, and I'm sorry.
:huh:

Dex-chan lover
There's no need to scan a ship that isn't doing anything suspicious.
So, I'm going to try to be less "wall of text" here. Wish me luck...

His existence is suspicious.
Firstly, they likely have to scan him to attempt to identify him, like reading a license plate but with more than a paragraph of text.
Then they notice that the ship doesn't match literally anything known to be manufactured, and this is coming from a location that specializes in manufacturing, so they would certainly know this.
This would cause them to run a more detailed scan. Is it an enemy ship as-of-yet unseen? It certainly isn't a friendly prototype or they would have some information on it.
Additionally someone would have broadcast information that an as-of-yet unknown ship has been spotted, causing anyone with interest in engineering to come and join in, which, as mentioned previously, is literally everyone in the region.

Basically, in real world equivalent, he is flying an unknown, virtually unidentified ship (and likely unannounced) through the airspace of the manufacturing plant for various mercenaries and governments.
I would call that "sus af".

Users who are viewing this thread