Mikadono Sanshimai wa Angai, Choroi. - Ch. 95 - Love is...

Dex-chan lover
Will the commercial work as intended though?
They're like doing short drama instead of a commercial for a airlines company lol

Supporter
The director:
my-job-here-is-done-bye.gif

Dex-chan lover
Y'all are talking about how the director is cooking, but I feel like you're missing some obvious flaws in what's going on.
Not too long ago, we had the chapters about the fancy dinner with the girls' father, where he voiced his suspicions about the nature of Yuu-kun's relationship with the girls. While it was largely played off for laughs and to progress the girls' own feelings, there was definitely an underlying implication that, if the dad saw any signs of Yuu getting into a relationship with any of the girls, that Yuu's ability to live with them would be put in jeopardy. I wouldn't be surprised if their hardass of a father would go a step further in such a scenario and forcibly cut off any contact between Yuu and the girls.
Beyond that, there's just the general consideration of the social situation they have back home, and how that would be thrown into disarray if the people around them started to see signs that they were actually dating (beyond the "they seem noticeably close" vibes they have going on currently). I feel like an ad where they're outright confessing love to him might push things over that line and make people start to genuinely suspect, especially in the case of Niko and Miwa who are not particularly well known for their acting skill.
Sure, these are problems they'll have to deal with anyway if there's ever going to be any hope of Yuu ending up with one or more of the girls, but there's a big difference between facing those problems on their own terms when they've prepared themselves for it, and being thrust into the situation by other means.

The director, as an outsider to their situation, is probably unaware (or, at the very least, uncaring) of these issues, and likely views Yuu purely through the lens of him being their personal manager who they have great romantic chemistry with. As such, she's going to have exactly zero hesitation spreading this stuff to the public via the ad (and, in fact, seems to be actually aiming for it), and definitely won't be any kinds of subtle about it.

Intellectually speaking, we all know that the worst won't come to pass, because then the direction of the story would be kind of fucked, but still. Given the risks at hand, she's definitely not cooking with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread