Mushoku Tensei ~Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu~ - Vol. 19 Ch. 87 - Nostalgia and Restlessness

Dex-chan lover
Eris is starting to have a pretty disillusioned face. Who knows the truth, but I imagine Rudeus actually liked how energetic, adventurous, and curious she was, after he won the dere. Just like those of us who liked her character. Of course it was largely due to her immature personality, which pretty much ended when she heard her parents and grandpa died. Still, it would be nice if something of it was left and she didn't turn into a cynical world-hater.
Have you read the Eris side story? I goes more into her motivations. Yes, she does change, but in many ways she stays the same, like being a massive bonehead. She isn't now and never will be that great of a thinker.

Dex-chan lover
Have you read the Eris side story? I goes more into her motivations. Yes, she does change, but in many ways she stays the same, like being a massive bonehead. She isn't now and never will be that great of a thinker.
Actually, I haven't. I should have a look at it. I've only been reading the "depressed magician who can't get it up" side story. I have been afraid of spoilers, perhaps unnecessarily, so I've been hesitating with the side stories.

Dex-chan lover
Actually, I haven't. I should have a look at it. I've only been reading the "depressed magician who can't get it up" side story. I have been afraid of spoilers, perhaps unnecessarily, so I've been hesitating with the side stories.
No worries there with any spoilers. I am glad I read it. Like most dudes I empathized with Rudeus because I have felt that sting of being dumped without given any kind of explanation. After reading the side story though I saw things from her perspective and while I still don't like the way she handled it I understood that it fit her character. I think people underestimate just how kinda dumb and impulsive she is because she isn't written like a classic airhead.

Dex-chan lover
No worries there with any spoilers. I am glad I read it. Like most dudes I empathized with Rudeus because I have felt that sting of being dumped without given any kind of explanation. After reading the side story though I saw things from her perspective and while I still don't like the way she handled it I understood that it fit her character. I think people underestimate just how kinda dumb and impulsive she is because she isn't written like a classic airhead.
I actually already read it. I wish it was longer! Thanks for the heads-up. It was definitely worth reading.

Double-page supporter
Eris isn't smart and is bad at communicating, but her leaving incident was bad even for her so she is fully to blame for what happened. Not only did she fail to communicate, she didn't even leave proper instructions with her servants so they could smooth things over. When he asked where she went they just said they were ordered not to tell him.

She got tunnel vision, or as Ruijerd referred to it a sickness that afflicts warriors. She chose to pursue the pinnacle her career (swordsmanship) regardless of anything else. Ordinarily that kind of thing is something a person would dedicate their entire life to achieve, and if the story played out the way it should she would basically written out of the story at this point. She shouldn't show up again except in side stories or near the end of the story as 'final boss reinforcements' kind of element. Depending on how many years later that happened she should or should not have even reached her goal yet.

Unfortunately the story lets her have her cake and eat it too.

Aggregator gang
I guess people already forgot the Paul situation huh (there's even the two sisters in this chapter as reminder)

It's Sylphy who actually push him to accept the harem with basically mindset of 'yeah of course many girls will fall for you with how cool you are'

Btw Eris is the 3rd, Roxy is the 2nd wife. Both times the girls were about to give up on him after learning that he's married.
i mean pauls situation is slightly different, he did it without the knowledge or consent of his wife.

Dex-chan lover
i mean pauls situation is slightly different, he did it without the knowledge or consent of his wife.

The end result being a poly relation is the precedent that matter.

IIRC Rudeus do it with Roxy without Sylphy's knowing/consent since she's waiting in the academy when he went to the labyrinth (and he did it with Roxy in the town there)

Btw if the comment from Lilia in the 4-koma can be taken as canon, Lilia seduced Paul (she's rather pent up having to hear Paul and Zenith doing it all the time)

Dex-chan lover
Contrary what your average Isekai has you believe, polygamy was never the norm in medieval society. Really not past any level of "civilisation" past the nomadic stage. And most certainly not for your average mob...

As far as this manga/world goes, there isn't a single hint polygamy is a thing, or even socially accepted.
In medieval times people did have multiple wives. Sequentially. Because childbirth has Risks. And at least the same bodycount as the endless little wars/feuds the males were involved in.
But multiple wives/concubines at the same time? Only rarely, only at the very top level of society, and certainly not in medieval Europe. They had enough problems with royal bastards as it is....
Asia? yes. But their histories tends to be even more bloody, with even more byzantine politics and brutal purges than Europe's...

So no, thankyou... There's plenty other plot avenues the author can take that won't need a harem at all, and (gods forbid) actually shows some growth in the changed relation between the people involved..
You say that but all if not most isekais only ever use medieval aesthetics and this one does that. They rarely care for the customs while they have mismatching outfits of the time. Point being is that if the story executes it well enough, polygamy is possible. This is isekai's shitty backdoor and while I dislike it, this is part of the ruleset.

Group Leader
It's been way too long Eris, you can't and shouldn't barge on Rudeus' life now that he's married, let him be happy!

Fed-Kun's army
People do love to hold grudges, I guess this is the reason most people relate to the stereotype of hating their ex-partners. I mean, they dated that other person, if they were as horrible as they claim them to be, then why the fuck did they even date them?

I'll just say, Eris was physically and mentally a kid and Rudeus, let's not forget, is older than Roxy or Paul, so, is not impossible for Eris to have build irreal expectations for him. In the end, Eris did pursue strength, but, not because of some personal ambition.

All she wanted was to be able to protect Rudeus if they ever encounter a similar situation, she was traumatized by seeing him die and not being able to do anything at all.

Of course, she's going to be heartbroken once she realizes that Rudeus is already married and how much pain he went trough because of her, but Rudeus is not the type to hold grudges.

Sylphy didn't see a reason to monopolize him, so long as Rudeus loved Eris and Eris loved him, then she was happy too. If anything, Rudues is quite committed all things considered, all of his future wives are also their first love.

Reading through all these replies armed w/ WN spoilers & I feel like I need some popcorn for the drama that's probably going to unfold coming up here after a few arcs. OFC I'm also curious if the adaptations stay as true to the remainder of the WN as they have up to this point, bc adaptational changes could totally turn what I'm looking forward to into a big nothing burger. From what I hear, the anime probably won't get there in its next season & IDK if there'll be more, so I'm just crossing my fingers that the manga doesn't get axed for some reason before the story really kicks off. Inching ever closer to the Big Reveal...

Another bit I'm curious about is how they handle said Big Reveal; it largely revolves around the "(re)telling of a story" in the loosest of terms, and I could see the more visual mediums opting to tell said story via something akin to flashbacks (which I think might work better for those mediums than a relatively large &... let's describe it as "pretty plain" text dump/conversation ala the WN), but IDK if the adaptors will opt for that route or not.

All these girls are too good for this loser tho, don't get the ones piling on Eris when this bag of loser is the actual 50 yrs old adult... besides she had been feeling inferior from a while back and even told him about that she felt lacking and wanted to do better.

Sure she could have been clearer that even this loser could get it after coming out of his insecurities and what not but she's is just a poor lass that lost everything and didn't have the time to deal with it like the whole damn trip was for the MC.

I think I'm just gonna read the wiki to know what's up and call it a day with manga lol

Users who are viewing this thread