Mushoku Tensei - Roxy datte Honki desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Departure

Dex-chan lover
How does Roxy speak so fluently that she can converse with people outside of her tribe, when no one else (aside her parents, albeit very limited) can speak?

Welp, this side story manga outright spoils one of the big developments the main story has for the manga readers, RIP whoever started already

Group Leader
@anuanuanu

lDOzaKK.jpg

Twi

Fed-Kun's army
@Anuanuanu Well I’m sure they learned very early on she couldn’t speak telepathically and only physically. With that they’d have more than enough motivation to learn/improve themselves, so I don’t think her parents speaking skills are that limited. It’s their only means to communicate with their daughter.

Group Leader
My apologies, didn't think to add a warning page.

"The first page has major spoilers to those who have not read the webnovel."
Me: "How bad could it be?... Oh, she's a teacher? Who cares about that. NBD."
*Gets to THE BOX*
"Oh... Pretty sure that one sentence has more story than the last 10 chapters..."

Group Leader
@anuanuanu
It's like if hearing and speaking parents gave birth to a child who can't hear or speak, they have to learn sign language themselves in order to speak and communicate with their child and also for their child to learn it as well, so this is like a reverse of such a case.

Aggregator gang
While it is true that the first page spoiled a whole lot of the main story, I think it was pretty obvious that
she would get it on with Rudy since in the main story she is one of the heroines, plus the main story has harem tag I think. Second may be because of the girl Rudy has spent the journey with up until now (actual manga progress, I forgot her name) or she died and now Rudy had no other girl but Roxy to love him and marry him.

Dex-chan lover
@QuietSnowy
iirc she was 40ish back then when she first met Rudy, which amusingly matches with his mental age at that time.

If Roxy is the 2nd waifu, who is the 1st then? Eris? or Slyphie?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
I didn't take the warning seriously and was surprised, that's a huge spoiler

Users who are viewing this thread