My Fiancé is in Love with My Little Sister - Vol. 4 Ch. 21.1

Fed-Kun's army
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, is the mom poisoning both of the girls?
I'm thinking something like this:
  • Mom is poisoning both of her daughters.
  • MC was being poisoned the longest.
  • When Sylvia got sick it was because the poison finally took effect on her.
  • Sylvia noticed she was being poisoned.
  • I order to not reveal that fact, she has been sending the poisoned tea to the MC thereby doubling the rate at which it was taking effect.
  • MC finally noticed she was being poisoned and is either going to expose her mother or pin the blame on Sylvia.
If I'm wrong someone let me know.

Dex-chan lover
  • I order to not reveal that fact, she has been sending the poisoned tea to the MC thereby doubling the rate at which it was taking effect.
  • MC finally noticed she was being poisoned and is either going to expose her mother or pin the blame on Sylvia.
I don't think we know Sylvia is aware. The MC doesn't at this point. Sylvia may have sent the tea thinking she was sharing her gifts with her sister.

Dex-chan lover
It's possible that the mom & Sylvia both aren't aware it's poison and only the supplier of the tea leaves knows which will lead to 10 more chapters of conspiracy confusing the crap out of the readers.

Dex-chan lover
Mc is not being poisoned. The tea is just for Sylvia to make her sickly and unable to leave the house not to kill her. Its like trapping something in a cage because you don't want to be away from it. Sylvia is not aware of anything.

I just read this manga when this chapter was released. And maybe this is my opinion so far. (I didn't read thoroughly, it was too painful to see Illya's suffering)

I don't think this story would be appropriate if it had a happy ending. Indeed, Illya needs a happy ending. But my personal opinion is that whatever happy ending Illya receives, it will not improve the suffering she has experienced. He had died many times, been betrayed, abandoned by the people he loved most. Even though I know this story will definitely have a happy ending for Illya. But I won't be happy if illya doesn't get justice. It wouldn't be fair if her sister Sylvia just ended up listening to her sister's suffering and ended up apologizing. It would be unfair if Soleil's fiancé only apologized for the suffering Illya had experienced because of him. Even though I know Sylvia wasn't wrong and I know Soleil was affected by something (based on Ch. 13.5) but it doesn't feel fair to take everything that happened as normal. Even if Sylvia and Soleil felt the same as Illya's suffering, it still wouldn't be fair.

But I also know from Illya's character that she will easily forgive everything that happened. Looking at the development of the story will show that all this time her sister was poisoned by his mother. And all this time it turns out that Soleil has been influenced by something. Even though clues have been issued, it feels like the end of this story is still quite far away. Honestly reading this wasn't fun. It feels like riding a roller coaster where the track only drops 90 degrees down. This is also the first time I really felt the desire and need to write my opinion on a manga.

Thanks for the translation. I will still continue reading this, even though I know there is no hope of getting a chapter that gives Illya happiness. And even though I know that no matter how good the ending is, it won't taste sweet when compared to Illya's suffering. Thank you for reading my opinion, sorry I wasted your time with my opinion...

Edit: To be honest, I was muttering about my feelings about this manga story for 20 minutes. Writing this opinion really removes the burden that has been stuck in my mind. Maybe in the future I need to often write my opinions about manga that I like or not.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
This puts a damp on my previous theory of the sister having dark magic powers with which she controls people around her and her sister's fiancé.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the summary, I genuinely had no idea what was happening

Dex-chan lover
How are you getting the idea that the mother is poisoning MC as well?

Double-page supporter
Thank you for the translation.
We are fast approaching the darkest moment (in my opinion) of the web novel.
But more importantly, after it comes the big moment of catharsis that this story always needed. And I can't wait for it!

Double-page supporter
Mc is not being poisoned. The tea is just for Sylvia to make her sickly and unable to leave the house not to kill her. Its like trapping something in a cage because you don't want to be away from it. Sylvia is not aware of anything.
Confirmed from novel source.

Dex-chan lover
Every time, every time this story manages to one up itself just a bit. Love it.

Thank you for translations!

Dex-chan lover

Mom isn't poisoning the main character. She is just poisoning Sylvia enough to keep her sickly and dependent on her so she never needs to let her go. Sylvia sharing the tea was very likely a gesture made in good faith, unaware she actually gave her sister poison. Honestly at this point I think Sylvia is generally an innocent character in this weird twisted setting.

Mom isn't poisoning the main character. She is just poisoning Sylvia enough to keep her sickly and dependent on her so she never needs to let her go. Sylvia sharing the tea was very likely a gesture made in good faith, unaware she actually gave her sister poison. Honestly at this point I think Sylvia is generally an innocent character in this weird twisted setting.
See, that's the thing.

Sylvia is innocent in all of this.

But not the kind of innocent everyone thinks of.
She's what I describe as an innocent monster. Because of her sheltered lifestyle, it stunts her personal growth, making her naive as a baby.

SHE IS LITERALLY BEING BABIED.

And Illya can't find it in herself to hate her because she doesn't know any better. It's a blessing and a curse.

The worse kind of villain, is not knowing what they're doing is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread