My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - A Wish For Love

Dex-chan lover
So Yuni's home situation is not that fucked up or broken at all to warrant her fucked up behaviour. Can't say the same for Fuuko though. Hers... What a nightmare.
Yes and no.

She may have a loving mother, but because her father was out of the picture since her early childhood, her mom had to work since then, thus leaving her alone.
The fact she can do the chores like a skilled housewife suggests that it was probably her responsibility for years now.
She started housework when it was already late, yet she even managed to take a nap before her mom came back - guessing it was at least around midnight. She has to stay awake this long to even see her mom because she probably leaves for school before mom is even up.
And her only childhood companion also died suddenly. The fact they didn't get a new pet ever since points to it being a major emotional blow too.
Those are all traumatic experiences for a child at that age. Capital A abandonment issues.

edit: this also forms a stark contrast with Nanase. A stray black, sick kitty for Yuni. Two healthy, adult, purebred dogs for Nanse. Doggies were with them "since they were pups" - managed to survive until adulthood, and were constant companions. They are part of "the family" - what's that? "The whole family went to the dog park" - you mean you can see your mom for more than an hour a day?

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Gosh, the differences are just becoming way too obvious now. I wonder if Yuni will heed her mom's advice. What will healing look like for Fuuko? Almost feels like Yuni's going to be left behind again since Fuuko might just mature and gain semblance of self-respect? Or more like, judging for how messed her family life is, she's going to latch back onto her first love who may need a baby sitter? Man Yuni, better catch up! Shipping these to much harder now that I know why they're like this.

Double-page supporter
this manga has to end with fuuko being happy. Before I thought that Yuni didn't deserve Fuuko, but that thought is changing, with each chapter that comes out I empathize more with Yuni and I understand that Nanase can't be in her life anymore.

Dex-chan lover
So Yuni's home situation is not that fucked up or broken at all to warrant her fucked up behaviour. Can't say the same for Fuuko though. Hers... What a nightmare.
Maybe it isn't for the mature you. But think about from "kid" Yuni"s POV. Being alone because the father is inexistent and your mom is great but cannot give you all the attention a kid needs. Having your only emotional support die and trying to suppress your need for attention because you're a good girl and you don't want to stress the mother who works so hard for you. You grow up with that suppressed need getting stronger but you fight harder to not voice it because you love your hardworking mom.

You get a girlfriend but she neglets you because she doesn't know how to balance your relationship with her hobbies and is treating you like a stranger because she doesn't want to be outted (they could have acted as friends, it's not like Nanase isn't tactile with her other friends. She just ignored Yuni in public certainly because she was too self-conscious and thought everybody would realized if she showed a little care in public). You love her so you endure in silence but the need can't be contained anymore.

Then come a girl, who understands your need for attention because she herself is transparent in her family and the person she loves doesn't even see her as a love interest. She gives you the attention you need and you reciprocate.

And we got our story. Yes, cheating is wrong. And I'm certainly not excusing anything Yuni and Fuuko did (what they did in front of Nanase was disgusting. I only caution voyeurism when all parties are in agreement. After all, to each their own). But it's clear Yuni and Nanase shouldn't be together.

Yuni has been starved for affection most of her life, by circonstances she couldn't control. Yes, she could use some counseling, to get some healthy boundaries but that will never disappear. At this point, she's just someone who needs more affection that normal or/and love affirmation and should be in a relationship with someone who can give her that amount of affection.

And this story should end with everyone growing and learning from this experience. But I'm not the author so I'll just cross my fingers 🤞🏽 and hope for a good enough resolution.

Dex-chan lover
I think I would 180 on Yuni character if she did the hard thing and break up with Nanase cleanly, seems like the relationship ran it’s course even before the cheating and they both deserve someone on the same page as them.

That said, probably won’t be Fuuko in Yuni’s case. Their relationship having that weird start doesn’t really bode well for a long term thing and it’s only existed within an affair, they don’t really know what a day to day existence would be with each other, but who knows.

Nanase and the friend might work.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this manga has to end with fuuko being happy. Before I thought that Yuni didn't deserve Fuuko, but that thought is changing, with each chapter that comes out I empathize more with Yuni and I understand that Nanase can't be in her life anymore.
yeah fuck the victim of cheating let’s all sing a so g of pity for the cheater cuz this manga surly does make cheaters get no consequences and get their good happy ending! and the victim sire as hell doesn’f now have truat issue buddy how NICE IS TO BE CHEATED ON RIGHT JAPAN?????

Dex-chan lover
I think I would 360 on Yuni character if she did the hard thing and break up with Nanase cleanly, seems like the relationship ran it’s course even before the cheating and they both deserve someone on the same page as them.

That said, probably won’t be Fuuko in Yuni’s case. Their relationship having that weird start doesn’t really bode well for a long term thing and it’s only existed within an affair, they don’t really know what a day to day existence would be with each other, but who knows.

how is Nanase gonna to another relationship gonna work? do you know cheaters get all the good stuff? how will she think of her friend if she pulls an Yuni with the love afair fondeling her brests and VITCIM BLAME THAT YOU DON’t love her will getting almust fucked in fron of ypu supposed LOVER wow people really did forgive garbage yuni doing that whole victim blaming cuz ofc is Nanase fault for Yuni getting her breat folded nicely!

is Japan this fkued up with Relationships? cuz i don’t get the author pity part of Yuni? she is garbage, get’s to blame Nanase while FUCKING some one else! cuz dear Nanase don’t you forget to stick your fingers into Yuni otherwise she can blame you for no loving her while she get’s fucked right in your face!

Do people forget how disgusting that whole chapter was????? how in hell do we got symphaty for Yuni the human garbage? OFC only in japan you get cheating to be brushed off like is NOTHING

Dex-chan lover
how is Nanase gonna to another relationship gonna work? do you know cheaters get all the good stuff? how will she think of her friend if she pulls an Yuni with the love afair fondeling her brests and VITCIM BLAME THAT YOU DON’t love her will getting almust fucked in fron of ypu supposed LOVER wow people really did forgive garbage yuni doing that whole victim blaming cuz ofc is Nanase fault for Yuni getting her breat folded nicely!

is Japan this fkued up with Relationships? cuz i don’t get the author pity part of Yuni? she is garbage, get’s to blame Nanase while FUCKING some one else! cuz dear Nanase don’t you forget to stick your fingers into Yuni otherwise she can blame you for no loving her while she get’s fucked right in your face!

Do people forget how disgusting that whole chapter was????? how in hell do we got symphaty for Yuni the human garbage? OFC only in japan you get cheating to be brushed off like is NOTHING

These are school children, I would have no expectation of them maturely handling relationships. Yeah, Yuni did the wrong thing, very wrong, and will have to live with that and with the fact that Nanase will likely move on without her to new relationships. She will have a whole life and experiences that Yuni will never be a part of. As needy as Yuni is, that would probably hurt more than she’d admit. That’s her “punishment” if you need such a thing.

Whoever you’re mad at it’s not these characters and you should probably put the book down for a minute.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe it isn't for the mature you. But think about from "kid" Yuni"s POV. Being alone because the father is inexistent and your mom is great but cannot give you all the attention a kid needs. Having your only emotional support die and trying to suppress your need for attention because you're a good girl and you don't want to stress the mother who works so hard for you. You grow up with that suppressed need getting stronger but you fight harder to not voice it because you love your hardworking mom.

You get a girlfriend but she neglets you because she doesn't know how to balance your relationship with her hobbies and is treating you like a stranger because she doesn't want to be outted (they could have acted as friends, it's not like Nanase isn't tactile with her other friends. She just ignored Yuni in public certainly because she was too self-conscious and thought everybody would realized if she showed a little care in public). You love her so you endure in silence but the need can't be contained anymore.

Then come a girl, who understands your need for attention because she herself is transparent in her family and the person she loves doesn't even see her as a love interest. She gives you the attention you need and you reciprocate.

And we got our story. Yes, cheating is wrong. And I'm certainly not excusing anything Yuni and Fuuko did (what they did in front of Nanase was disgusting. I only caution voyeurism when all parties are in agreement. After all, to each their own). But it's clear Yuni and Nanase shouldn't be together.

Yuni has been starved for affection most of her life, by circonstances she couldn't control. Yes, she could use some counseling, to get some healthy boundaries but that will never disappear. At this point, she's just someone who needs more affection that normal or/and love affirmation and should be in a relationship with someone who can give her that amount of affection.

And this story should end with everyone growing and learning from this experience. But I'm not the author so I'll just cross my fingers 🤞🏽 and hope for a good enough resolution.
Nanase doesn't seem like she'll get Yuni's perspective? She's too well adjusted and the most drama she has in her life is what she's got going on with Yuni... Too used to things going her way.

Fuuko... she might pull away from Yuni? Seems like she's drawn to small helpless things. Not saying she's gonna go pedo on the baby! But more like she's seeking someone to take care of and since Yuni's momentarily out of the picture, it leaves Fuuko's attention open for the baby and the new mother/her old flame.

Fed-Kun's army
I think I would 360 on Yuni character if she did the hard thing and break up with Nanase cleanly, seems like the relationship ran it’s course even before the cheating and they both deserve someone on the same page as them.

Nanase and her friend would totally work because they wouldn't be reliant on their relationship for emotional survival. Though that's surface level knowledge. If Nanase is still set on being deep in the closet then it's not going to work with anyone.

Weirdly enough, I think Fuuko/Yuni have a chance of working out because at their core, all they really want is to be special to someone? To have even just one person devote time and effort to their existence? Fuuko would probably throw her family away for someone she loves and Yuni would relish in being out in the open while on frequent dates with Fuuko.

We all know Yuni's mom is cool so she'd probably let Fuuko live with them if she got kicked out.

Fed-Kun's army
When Yuni talked about her cat with Nanase and then she thought that she "should" read the mood. Thats really something. Yuni is Nanase's gf and she's talking about a traumatic memory (also important one) to her gf, and Yuni felt the need to read the mood and listend to Nanase instead. Whilst Nanase just kept telling the story about her dog. Thats not good. If my gf talk about something like that (as an owner of a pet myself), I would never brush it off.

And then we see that when the cat is dead, Yuni thought that how the whole moment made her mom cried a lot. Yuni matured way before her time, because she has too. Its a hard thing to do for a kid. Its quite sad. I think this chapter gives so many more dimensions to our characters. Yuni and Fuuko just want to be loved the way they're supposed to.

Dex-chan lover
well, at least her mom is supportive but dang i don't rly see this working out in the long run

Dex-chan lover
Fuuko... she might pull away from Yuni? Seems like she's drawn to small helpless things. Not saying she's gonna go pedo on the baby! But more like she's seeking someone to take care of and since Yuni's momentarily out of the picture, it leaves Fuuko's attention open for the baby and the new mother/her old flame.
Up to this point she's basically wanted someone to love her who wouldn't leave. Babies, being inherently dependent, really can't leave... so either she decides to act for the newborn as the mom did for her growing up, or she possibly gets the idea to go about having her own.
The latter seems a bit of a stretch, but with the line about men getting repeated here, there's a chance of that being some sort of foreshadowing there.

Dex-chan lover
so she doesnt hate the baby that much thats good
well, hopefully it won't go into a trash route/direction like "i'll patiently wait for 16 years and seduce your daughter out of pettiness/spite"

or straight up kidnapping her lol

Dex-chan lover
Good. I think the story could use some more humanization of the characters. It can't all be cheating and drama if the story is going to last a while more.

Thanks for translating it so fast!
While true, it was far too few erotic scenes this chapter (aka 0). [insert dark joke about the baby here, that I am too lazy to come up with but know there should be one that fits]

Dex-chan lover

I couldn't agree more, these people are effed up if they seriously think that Yuni is the worst one (despite shit that Nanase cooked up before).

Users who are viewing this thread