My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - A Longing Heart

Dex-chan lover
Yuni when she has a chance to cheat

Dex-chan lover
Okay although I am avid Tomboy lover and supported nanase all the way it's now time shift to "Fuu-chan" now , hey her character development/tonal shift in this really hit mark this chapter but YUNI gonna Cheat that's a universal rule 🙂

Alright, I said before that I still ship Yuni x Nanase. But I guess Yuni just couldn't get Fuuko out of her head. Yuni just keeps getting annoyed of even little things. Now it feels like she's just finding reasons to break up with Nanase and go back to Fuuko. It's like she's convincing herself by muttering all these things and feel like Nanase is the one who's completely in the wrong. She's self pitying herself. The whole reason she gets hurt is herself. She's alone all by herself, feeling lonely and then blames everything on Nanase. How is it Nanase's fault that she doesn't have anyone to talk to? Nanase has future plans for her career and she does give her time. But their relationship ain't gonna work anymore ig.

I hope Nanase finds someone better too or maybe, somehow, the things get sorted between the two. But idk about that.

Anyways, that's that ig. I just hope everyone has somewhat a happy conclusion. But who knows what'll happen.

Aggregator gang
They love each other but no matter how hard they try to fix things, I think it will never work and don’t match, they’re way too far on liking the same things. Yuni will just cheat, and Nanase will always priority her volleyball club.

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn’t it be a funny and cruel twist If Fuuka goes “well looks like I’ve changed as a person, and you threw me aside like my ‘big sis’ did but I no longer hold any resentment towards neither of you. So yeah bye Yuni, I won’t cheat with you ever again”

BUT WAIT double plot twist
“Unless you break up with her, and date me officially”

Ohohoho (I’m delusional I know)

Dex-chan lover
Okay although I am avid Tomboy lover and supported nanase all the way it's now time shift to "Fuu-chan" now , hey her character development/tonal shift in this really hit mark this chapter but YUNI gonna Cheat that's a universal rule 🙂
Huh..? Development and tonal shifts? This must be the wrong chapter. A sob story with the uwu so evil parents trope is not development. Her not getting to date the hot babe now mother also is not. But she IS such a poor tormented soul! /s

Would be interesting if Fuuko DID develop after seeing the baby and realized what horrible things she did. But this chapter and the last indeed had zero character development in them. A tonal shift in maybe one way, I guess- Fuuko not being stuck perma resting bitch face but smiling happily.

Apart from that, Yuni still is a cheating loser with no morale and Nanase still is a hugely successful individual and a reasonably good girlfriend. They didn't have any development, either, mhh.

Guess we need to wait and pray that Fuuko changes and we get some sick psychological drama or that Nanase only kept Yuni around for some revenge. Either would be mighty fine! If this just plays out as is it sadly would just be tool characters staying tools to push some cringe agenda. But it surely won't end that way, surely.

Dex-chan lover
its that wonderful time of the month again where everything is good (yurihime release). stumbled my way through the magazine this morning and happy to see the english translation out so quick too. lots of lovely pages in this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Yuni remains a despicable character who shows no signs of changing, I see. Here we go for round two.
i mean other than some kinda couples therapist or something extreme happens she's not gonna change overnight. tho it would be amusing if the author trolled ppl by flashforward to her being married (or as close as two same sex ppl can in japan) and still cheating but i hope it'd have a better ending than that even if it ends with all 3 of them alone lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm not here for predictions. I'm here for the ride! (Though I do favour a Fuuko/Yuni ending). There is a chance Fuuko doesn't say what Yuni likely expects though. We'll see. Ignoring the morals of the situation, I am least interested in Nanase. She doesn't move the needle for me, and is mostly a side character to Yuni and Fuuko.

Users who are viewing this thread