My Girlfriend's Not Here Today - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - A Longing Heart

Dex-chan lover
were you sleeping on this manga? lmao
You can make one comment and quote multiple people.

I know you like your ship, just saying nothing changes about Yuni personally if she and Fuuko hook up. Highly likely once the NRE cools off, she either tries to keep Nanase in her orbit because she’s afraid of making a decision, or finds that Fuuko can’t literally be everything for her and ropes a third girl into this mess.

Which is the kind of thing this author would write.

Dex-chan lover
You can make one comment and quote multiple people.
I can, but then it becames huuge wall of flesh text that not many would read + answering to several people in the same comment on different topics is kinda bad practice.
I know you like your ship
nice
just saying nothing changes about Yuni personally
and I'm just saying that you were sleeping on this manga, coz you don't know why Yuni started cheating. This "discussion" is pointless.

Power Uploader
Yuni started cheating because she has abandonment issues. Her father abandoned her mother. Her mother's working all the time to provide for her as a single mother. She had a cat to keep her company when she was a child, but that cat died.

She found a girlfriend and I think she sincerely loves Nanase, but Nanase kept on neglecting Yuni in favor of volley and was all touchy-feely with her childhood friend while being scared of even holding hand with Yuni (granted, she had her own "trauma").

Comes Fuuko, which makes Yuni the center of her world. Of course she would gravitate towards her.

Should Yuni have refrained from cheating on Nanase? Yes.

Should Yuni have broken up with Nanase? Certainly.

But all these characters are deeply flawed and "human", so they make wrong decisions for the wrong reasons.

If the characters were sensible this manga would have ended in two chapters.

Stop complaining about the cheating and just enjoy the train wreck.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
(long wall of text from the comment above)
i dunno if it was directed at me, but I agree anyway, that's more or less what I think.

changing the topic, thank you for translating this, you're doing great job!

Dex-chan lover
Comes Fuuko, which makes Yuni the center of her world. Of course she would gravitate towards her.

What I am looking for is whether Fuuko can keep that up, I don’t think it’s fair for anyone to devote their whole inner life to one person, and would short change her as a character I think.

What happens when Fuuko can’t/won’t be everything for Yuni? What happens when Nanase moves on? Will Yuni be able to be whole unto herself? I genuinely hope the author explores that as I think it’s more interesting than the “will they, won’t they” of it. Though this is one of the more fun comment sections to read.

Nah,
oh yeah, I guess the fact that Nanase didn't give a flying shit was Yuni's fault, too lmao. It's fine to not have time for relationships, but don't pretend that relationship where 1 person don't do anything and another having to initiate everything is normal (spoiler - it's not, it's not normal)
Nah, everything isn't Yuni's fault, which I have said in my other comments, in other chaps. I've written a whole ass paragraph after binge reading till chap 20. I was just focusing mostly on Yuni this chap. And I will stick to what I said about Yuni.

And I'm not one of those who hates Yuni because of cheating. Hell, I don't even hate her at all. Yes, cheating is bad. But people who are shitting on Yuni because she 'cheated' might wanna read the Manga again and understand it this time, because there's more to it.

That being said, Nanase has also done things to make Yuni happy, but people forget it because just when she starts to understand Yuni more, the cheating stuff was already started and people just seem to remember that.

Yuni's suffering isn't completely Nanase's fault. It's her own fault too for not being able to tell how she feels and being all by herself all the time. In a away it isn't really her fault, because it's not on purpose, obv, just like Nanase. She just isn't good with those things. But just a little conversation and all this stuff wouldn'tve happened. Well, that's looking at it realistically. But this is a fictional story, trying to tell us about something.

Would've copy pasted my previous comments where I talked about characters in more depth, but whatever, lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nawh, if you love someone you don't cheat on them.
Fairly sure you can't cheat on them if you don't love them. Since if you don't love them you wouldn't be in a exclusive relationship.
(well, you might be in one to avoid std's, but then it's still not cheating so much as it is endangerment through breaking an agreement. cheating implies something less transactional in nature).

Dex-chan lover
Yuni started cheating because she has abandonment issues. Her father abandoned her mother. Her mother's working all the time to provide for her as a single mother. She had a cat to keep her company when she was a child, but that cat died.

She found a girlfriend and I think she sincerely loves Nanase, but Nanase kept on neglecting Yuni in favor of volley and was all touchy-feely with her childhood friend while being scared of even holding hand with Yuni (granted, she had her own "trauma").

Should Yuni have refrained from cheating on Nanase? Yes.

Should Yuni have broken up with Nanase? Certainly.

But all these characters are deeply flawed and "human", so they make wrong decisions for the wrong reasons.

If the characters were sensible this manga would have ended in two chapters.

Stop complaining about the cheating and just enjoy the train wreck.
Spot on!

Some people over simplify things and are triggered by ntr. More popcorn moments!

And about not waiting for translation, it's all those instant gratifiction monkies. It's the same kind of people that probably power level because they want max level and rush everything in games, I will never understand it.

Looking forward to next chapter and the responses in these forums. Pure entertainment! 👍 I LOVE IT!!!❤️❤️❤️

Dex-chan lover
Fairly sure you can't cheat on them if you don't love them. Since if you don't love them you wouldn't be in a exclusive relationship.
(well, you might be in one to avoid std's, but then it's still not cheating so much as it is endangerment through breaking an agreement. cheating implies something less transactional in nature).
People date for superficial reasons all the time...

Dex-chan lover
Doesn`t change the fact that Nanase is the worst character in this series and a very good contender to worst GF in any GL series🤷🏼‍♂️
Low effort baiting. Gotta try harder son. If you are going to bait, might as well go all out.

Dex-chan lover
People date for superficial reasons all the time...
In which case it isn't really cheating, since there were no feelings involved or hurt [in the relationship]. It's why I had that note about transactional stuff.

Dex-chan lover
Fuuko scene : adorable yet sad. One part is kinda sus...

Yuni scene : she just follow her mom's advice. Maybe

Hmmm I have many scenarios in mind for what would happen if they met again, but for now, I'll hold it until the next chapter comes.

Cheater couldn’t forget her sidechick and will always fall back to her vagina. Thats why you should never take back a chesater. Take this as your life lesson, Nanase. Dump that mess Yuni and let her become a mess with Fuuko.

I want Yuni and Fuuko to emd up together to see their relationship dynamic if they were officially dating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread